MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

What is your sillest accidents on the road

What is your sillest accidents on the road - Forums [Biker Match] What is your sillest accidents on the road - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

What is your sillest accidents on the road

Fell asleep while riding my bike a lot of years ago ran up the grass verge and fell of. Yesterday i fell out my van while reversing and got dragged along by the door. I once run into a brick wall while looking over shoulder when showing the kids how to fly a kite!

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 03/11/2009 08:25  

I guess you're on first name terms then with minor injuries unit !!

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 03/11/2009 08:48  

Mmmmm i drove my mini through a gap between tow buses, which turned out not to be big enuf and took my wing mirrors off both sides and 10 years off my life !!!

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 03/11/2009 10:00  

*makes note to self* don't accept a pillion with Bill lol I hope you didn't do any damage to yourself. My silliest accident? as a rider, forgetting to put the side stand down when dismounting, ending up in a big heap on the ground laughing my head off , then got up smartish when I could smell petrol leaking As a pillion, I fell asleep on the back of a ZZR1100, I was hanging off the side totally unaware. Now that's what I call a smooth ride

Update Reply
Sandi @ 03/11/2009 10:59  

As a 16yo I was riding home on the ss50 I decided it'd be a good idea to put my jungle hat under my pisspot with long peak, so I did not miss lay it, I was aware of a push biker ahead of me and the thing I did next was the cause of the accident I pulled out into the road (I thought enough to miss him) and for some still unexplained reason decided it a good idea to tip the tip my head down a bit, the movement was enough for the lid to be forced downwards as it was not tight on my head, this obscured my vision compleately, I hit the push biker and forced him onto the grass verge, I was not that lucky I went down the newley surfaced road in a brinylon tee and jeans picking up gravel into newly formed pockets of very raw flesh, plus a right hand fractured clavical to make sure my holiday the following day with my perants was pretty miserable! More recent was leaving a little used disc lock on, result I smashed the brake caliper braket, resulting it a 200+ mile long ride home with only one front brake!

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 03/11/2009 11:24  

Oo ouch!! Andy

Update Reply
Sandi @ 03/11/2009 11:26  

Yes I was in a lot of pain lol (compounded by the fact the Sun was out and beating on my very raw back) even when my Dad (god rest his soul) turned up I asked him to stand behind me to block the sun off me he kept moving away to chat to everyone there lol. Thanks Kwak, but i do not deserve that hug I was stupid but I do hope it's a warning to those of you that just nip up T road without proper protection!!

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 03/11/2009 11:29  

Aww don't be so hard on yourself, you were only 16, accept the hug! lol

Update Reply
Sandi @ 03/11/2009 11:35  

Waaaay back in November ྊ, was coming home one night, felt the back end step out and thought 'hmm back tyre may be a bit low on pressure'. Next corner, on the floor !! A bloke in a car pulls up and sez 'be careful, it's icy' and drove off laughing!! Derbyshire humour !! Git Buggered up a pair of new jeans!

Update Reply
maxnod @ 03/11/2009 17:01  

Sorry, should say 'November ྊ'

Update Reply
maxnod @ 03/11/2009 17:07  

November 1978

Update Reply
maxnod @ 03/11/2009 17:09  

Waaaay back in November 1978, was coming home one night, felt the back end step out and thought 'hmm back tyre may be a bit low on pressure'. Next corner, on the floor !! A bloke in a car pulls up and sez 'be careful, it's icy' and drove off laughing!! Derbyshire humour !! Max, did the comedian make it home, or did he find an icy patch too?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 03/11/2009 17:11  

Probably just come from the pub, hope he had a rollocking off his Missus at the very least!

Update Reply
maxnod @ 03/11/2009 17:14  

I'd be amazed if he was married! It doesn't seem like he's got an endearing personality lol

Update Reply
Sandi @ 03/11/2009 17:22  

last december on an early, wet, cold morning i was tired havin just woken up 15mins ago and fell off my bike... out side the 24hr shop... after id parked moral of the story, side stands dont work when the cambers against you and your parked horizontally rather then diagnally to the kerb.
And another time i had an 'off' was in the car park at work as i was turnin bike around and i over balanced.
its a steep learning curve at times

Update Reply
yorkshireman91 @ 03/11/2009 20:10  

Never forget the embarrassment of crossing a road as a teenager and stepping right into the front wheel of a passing cyclist. . . . bent spokes and a very irate man!!!!!!!!!! Legged it quickly mumbling apologies!!!!!!!

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 03/11/2009 20:17  

Mine was while backing my deauville round a slightly downhill left bend, (after getting lost while exploring), paddling nice and steady with me left boot on a freshly mown verge and the right on the tarmac. All was well until my left boot found thin air,... all four foot of it!!! the grass had grown over a drain and it had been erroded over the years even deeper. One second later, both feet in water, waist at kerb level and my right hand on throttle at around head height,..... not a chance of being able to get enough lifting force, even to lift the dullville. So I had to push it away, on it's nice new crash bar cover till I could get the thing up again. No witnesses till 2 mins after it was on its wheels again, then half the biker population of yorkshire seem to come past!

Update Reply
Paj1369 @ 03/11/2009 20:43  

went for an interview for a job at car dealers when i was 16 on way home i passed pork farms all the factory was out taking a fag break ! i slowed down for the juntion at about 5 mph locked the front wheel and ended up walking along with my moped laying on the floor to rapturass aplaws from pork farms second incident i was cleaning my CD200 and found mr sheene worked realy well on the seat that night i was going to a house party and gave a mate of mine a lift there on the bike he was sat on the back with a 24can of fosters we pulled up to T junction needing to turn right the road was very busy and being friday night there were loads of girls at the bus stop waiting to go into town my mate was waving at them all and showing off i saw a gap in the trafic and went for it my mate promtly slid off the polished seat and was left sat in the middle of the rd with cans of beer on his lap and about 15 girls laughing there socks off as all trafic was bought to a halt !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 03/11/2009 22:38  

discovered that side stands don't work very well in car parks..... especially if you forget to put them down before getting off your bike

Update Reply
mandi jay @ 03/11/2009 23:13  

proud to say never had an accident whilst moving on the bike...in over 20 years alas had a couple of miss haps whilst stationary....first was parking rear end first on a slopin kerb on z650......could reach the floor...ended up with bike in the gutter.....other, was the other month, after negotiating 2 of 3 tight right hand corners with iron gates i decided to open last gate with front wheel whilst astride bike, swung the wheel too much and ended up pinned upright between drain pipe and shed door with poor bike horizontal,took some hidden woman strength getting the bloody thing back up

Update Reply
uglyducklin @ 03/11/2009 23:41  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email