MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Going by Shells success.........

Going by Shells success......... - Forums [Biker Match] Going by Shells success......... - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Going by Shells success.........

could we start a thread that gives tips to us 'wanna be's' ? (Sorry Lou, couldn't think of another word !!!) sv_shell wrote: "I have to say the full size practice course I was on with Big_Liam was worth its wight in GOLD, to be able to practice the swerve & emergency stop & know what speed I was doing made it less daunting." Must be loads of tips out there you can post for us, cheers

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 02/11/2009 19:14  

practice practice practice!!!!!!!!!

Update Reply
drobess @ 02/11/2009 19:19  

Kemton park 2:50 Nomoreblondes.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 02/11/2009 19:27  

pmsl @ Blues......................nothing wrong with us blondes ..........world would be boring without us lmao!

Update Reply
babyharley @ 02/11/2009 19:30  

Too right BH !!! So Blue's, any serious tips for us ?

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 02/11/2009 19:34  

havin past my test a long time before "real bike tests" started i couldn't possibly give advice. I've no doubt that there'll be plenty of opinions expressed, sorry i mean tips on how to ride a bike properly.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 02/11/2009 19:53  

Guess thats what its all about though, opinions/tips - what worked for you when you passed - doesn't really matter when it was. My brother passed in 1982 and I'm sure if I sought his advice he'd say pretty much what Tracey said, practice practice practice!!!!!!!!!

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 02/11/2009 19:58  

I'm sure Liam will have plenty of advice for those intrepid learners among us, but for my half-penneth worth:

Practice is key, but I believe anyone looking at taking the mod 1 & 2 tests needs a decent amount of real-life practice too. Shell has done about 1500 miles since June.

Almost all of those miles have been accompanied. For example, Shell and I did a 150 mile round trip to the ponderosa when we got back from our hols, and I think it did a lot for confidence. Added to this, as we have bike to bike comms, I was able to give a few comments as we were riding, and the encouragement of 'that's much better' along the way.

So... Get yourself friendly with a biker with am intercom set, and you'll get a lot of 'free' tuition !!! :-)

Update Reply
Bandit_Mr_P @ 02/11/2009 20:13  

Experience! Get out on the roads, no matter what the weather and get some road time in. Obviously don't go out if it's snowing a blizzard though.

Update Reply
Blueboy955i @ 02/11/2009 21:24  

Rusty favours intercoms too, we saw a few on bikes for sale on the web, I think thats a great idea though for giving encouragement and tips along the way when riding out together Experience in all weathers, nice one Mark Riding out in the dark too

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 02/11/2009 22:00  

We met a lad on Saturday recovering from a broken arm after falling off on the swerve/brake maneuvre. The examiner refused to carry on with the test because he couldn't fasten his helmet with one hand. There's been loads more stories of others falling off so it sounds as if it's an achievement surviving the test without injury, let alone passing it! Practice the manouvre on black ice with preferably a strangers bike is my advice

I do like intercoms nut but I did tell you about the mute button didn't I

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 02/11/2009 22:20  

Hi Nut I started a thread specially for this a few months back here is the link I hope it works http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/forum/posts.asp?to...ic_id=3373

Update Reply
moonstone @ 02/11/2009 22:20  

Its called learners L plates and tests

Update Reply
moonstone @ 02/11/2009 22:22  

My First ever post on here!!!!! I've been thinking about trying again on two wheels but am totally terrified Hiya everyone x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/11/2009 22:25  

Hi zelah,,,,,getting on two wheels is a lot less scary than posting on here,,,,,go for it-it will be one of the best things you'll do !!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/11/2009 22:36  

Thanks cw!! Did my cbt 20yrs ago but came off on a lesson and it scared me no end...starting to get the bug though Lol Thanks for the encouragement

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/11/2009 22:55  

ur not a propper rider till u fell off seven times with a horse dont think bike s much diffrent lol get back on it wot makes us stronger it not about making a mistake but how u deal with it that counts

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 02/11/2009 23:43  

It's a lot further to fall off a horse, than a bike. And a bike always does as it's told, unlike a horse, which has a mind of it's own. Keep practicing, there's no rush, it'll all come together We were all there once.

Update Reply
Rob1050 @ 03/11/2009 00:42  

Yayyyyyyyyyyy Zel, great to see you on here and the profile pic looks great xxxxxxxxx Rusty, I have no idea what you mean re; mute button

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 03/11/2009 06:56  

Cheers for the link Moonstone, going to have a proper look later

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 03/11/2009 06:59  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email