MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Brotherhood of Motorcyclists

Brotherhood of Motorcyclists (3) - Forums [Biker Match] Brotherhood of Motorcyclists (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Brotherhood of Motorcyclists

All hail to the nutty sisterhood

Update Reply
anneka56 @ 11/11/2009 10:14  

Rob i wouldnt at all be surprised lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 11/11/2009 10:15  

The thing I mised most when my Ex went was the biking community first I joined this site, then went to a few motorcycle clubs and just managed to mingle in with bikers again... I lost the friends we used to have as he was still going around with his new b1tch (a non biker one ) introducing her to them. I found my reception on here really friendly but The bike clubs I felt very uncomfortable with them . I think women going on there own that dont have a bike were seen as a threat by the other women. I dont know .I eventually found one I am happy with but it has taken some of them 12 months and for me getting a bike before i was really accepted though. I do feel thats its a bit cliquey not sure if thats a brotherhood?but wouldnt be without my bikerfriends. Love you all xxxxxxxxxxx

Update Reply
moonstone @ 11/11/2009 11:28  

bizarley i found coz im happy with the bike ive got now i nod to far more bikers than i did on my cruiser coz i felt silly on it and tried to hide ! how daft is that ? LOL

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 11/11/2009 12:23  

Got a little story about the brotherhood of biking. I recently had my bike stolen and recovery and it wasn't running since they cut some wires and blew the fuse. So I contacted someone from a bike club and they then contacted someone else who didn't even know me and he came over and wired it up and put a new fuse in and showed me a few things about maintaining my bike and much more. I've learn't lots from it and he has also offered to help me out with any situation I have with my bike and that theres a garage run by bikers FOR bikers, Which means they work for really cheap. I gave him £15 for all his hard work and for taking the time to come help me without any problems and even in the foggy weather he drove out to me. He said other people have helped him with his bikes and he's either taught himself or been taught by someone else how to repair bikes so he says if he helps you then you should also help someone else out if you can. A biker always helps another biker.

Update Reply
Paul @ 11/11/2009 23:46  

Great story Paul

Update Reply
Rob1050 @ 11/11/2009 23:51  

Last year I was out on a bike that my friend lent me. It broke down & I had to wait at side of road for about 20 mins for my ex & dad to come back with trailer. Every bike (about 15) that passed me stopped to see if they could help in anyway. Only one car stopped & that had an elderly couple in who offered me the use of their "mobile" I think most bikers are a different breed of people, generous to a fault! My son did club racing for 4 years & it was great! Even tho it was competetive if anyone had problems with their bikes everyone would chip in & help. My son once raced using someone elses spare fairings & someone elses exhaust on his bike, after trashing his in a previous race!! I've yet to meet a bad or miserable biker!!

Update Reply
mandi jay @ 12/11/2009 00:05  

I've yet to meet a bad or miserable biker!! You haven't met me yet.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 12/11/2009 00:37  

Cataraptor you nod to all and I'm sure while you now ride a plastic you have been brought up nodding at bikes what ever they are, younger bikers on plastics and older "dudes" on harleys tend not to acknowlage others unless they are riding the same. It possably is an area thing too who really knows. I'll continue to be my old friendly self and nod/wave or just acknowlage others as I always have. As Mandi says I've still to come accross a truly miserable biker from any walk of life but still find some just will not nod back lol.

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 12/11/2009 00:45  

Maybe there helmets on too tight

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 12/11/2009 09:32  

suppose i am gonna have to nod to cruiser riding folks again now.........and before you all have a go i did nod anyway lol!!!!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/11/2009 14:45  

I'll say from the start that I'm not the most sociable of people, I don't suffer fools gladly and am inclined to speak my mind. However, in a social situation, if someone does speak to me, I'll respond to them in rather more than monosyllables. I have always found a lot of clubs to be cliquey and while prepared to make an effort to break the ice, am not willing to undergo an apprenticeship of being consistently ignored until someone decides to speak to me. I think they should be more welcoming if motorcyclists are to be part of a brother/sister-hood.

I've even seen this in some one-make clubs. I remember some years ago, after eventually finding an obscurely-sited pub in St Albans where the local branch of a one-make club met, thinking that I must have two heads or be an alien from the greeting I received. Although I remained a member, I gave up going after a few weeks. They later started a BO (badge only) campaign because so few people bothered to go to that branch. I have also noticed with one-make clubs that if your bike is troublesome and you say so, they're so up their own rear orifices with their bikes that some of them turn quite nasty and claim it's all your fault. And I speak from personal experience here. I won't name any names here but you can guess who from a bike I used to own. I can say that the Bandit Owners Club to which I belong has been consistently more friendly from the first day I went to the local group meeting and I should make more of an effort to get to some of their events.

After all that, I believe that Biker Match has set a good example of how a national club should behave from the forums to its events to welcoming new members to the site. If the clubs were more like that it would truly be a brotherhood of bikers.

Maybe I should have put this on the random rant thread but I thought this was germaine to the subject.

Update Reply
Cataraptor @ 12/11/2009 17:56  

i always say curtasy costs nothing !! nwhat harm does it do i fact i would agree with ian in saying that a nod to all bikers even the stepthros makes everyone feel good !! and after all if you met them at a rally or a cafe ud speak to them proud to be a biker !!!

Update Reply
bigned @ 12/11/2009 20:37  

I have some things to say but as i have a bit of a drink,I think I'll leave it until tomorrow!!

Update Reply
pondlife @ 15/11/2009 00:27  

Pond it doesnt normally stop you lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 15/11/2009 01:41  

Pond its great to see you back again! i been missing your style of posts for a while there... lol, think we'd like to see your opinion on this thread as there are many and all interesting,personally i think "brotherhood" is more evident in clubs these days. Friends of mine ride for Renegades mc in SA and their club logo goes *We few we chosen few we band O brothers* they always ride,rally and party together. Good bunch of bikers.

Update Reply
excalibur @ 15/11/2009 08:15  

Bikers are people like the rest of the human race, some are friendly and helpful some aren't. It does make me a bit annoyed when someone says 'bikers are great and will do owt for anyone' cos that aint true of all bikers. I was out with a mate on our bikes when I realised I wouldn't be able to fuel up cos the new key I'd just had cut was too FAT to fit the petrol cap lock, so my mate rode back to my house and picked up my old key, while I waited at the side of a road. While I was waiting several bikers rode past, emphasis on the word PAST. Only one slowed down long enough to ask if I needed help. None of them knew I HADN'T broken down and that I was ok cos they didn't bother to find out.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 15/11/2009 08:26  

can't argue with you there kwak, we're all just human (well most of us!), but I've yet to meet a biker that I don't like. I understand why the people I met whilst my son was racing were ok, because we were all like minded people, there to enjoy ourselves & the racing. but yeah in reality there are pains in arses in all walks of life. maybe I've just been lucky in who I've met ....so far!!

Update Reply
mandi jay @ 15/11/2009 12:19  

Cheers Exc,nice to be back! The way I see it,the "brotherhood"is still as strong as it ever was.How often do you see car drivers strike up a conversation in the middle of tescos car park for no other reason than the vehicle they are driving? or go to a particular cafe just to meet with other car drivers? Other than owners clubs and the like of course. I think the advent of the mobile phone has done a lot to end the practice of stopping to see if you can help a broken down biker although it still does happen of course but I remember a time when a lorry driver would always stop to offer assistance to another lorry driver.It was like an unwritten code of practice the same as a flash of lights when the rear of a passing lorry is clear of your front,more often than not,passed from father to son.Increasingly now though,passengers arent allowed in lorries due to insurance reasons so many of the old tricks dont get passed on.Add to that ever tighter deadlines and "just in time" delivery schedules and it's very rare you see one lorry stop for another but go to any overnight park or cafe and a conversation can start and you will part with someone who has become a friend and whom you may never see again.So the "brotherood"is still there.

Update Reply
pondlife @ 15/11/2009 17:28  

nice to see my buddy ponds back, i always stop if i see a biker even two on the side of the road ...just to check if there ok.......although when i was at the bulldog and agreed i was covered in mud after my best buddy and i had i mud fight and was well drunk, i siad how ya doing brother to another biker.......he just replied " i aint your brother" and growled a bit...,so sometimes it can seem a bit clicky i suppse, but i will say hello to anyone !!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/11/2009 17:32  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email