MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Brotherhood of Motorcyclists

Brotherhood of Motorcyclists - Forums [Biker Match] Brotherhood of Motorcyclists - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Brotherhood of Motorcyclists

Does it still exist?..Can and Do all breeds of bikers / motorcyclists mingle or is this a fallacy? any opinions on the subject?

Update Reply
excalibur @ 02/11/2009 07:51  

as far as I know it exists - from what I've seen at the 2 Rally's I've been to - everyone mixes well. Yeah, you'll get some that don't - as with all types of 'groups' but I think on the whole all bikers will mingle/chat with any other bikers no matter what bike they ride. I've chatted to other bikers at petrol stations, cafe's, will say hello to a fellow biker just walking down the street...dosn't matter what bike they ride....mind you that may be just me - I sometimes chat to meself!

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 02/11/2009 08:22  

I am a brother and down with it and i have a hoody....does that count !!!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/11/2009 08:24  

Fantastical fallacy, always has been, always will be.

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 02/11/2009 08:24  

fantastical fallacy.......what a great two words for a monday...thanks wannabe !!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/11/2009 08:26  

I was browsing some other biker sites yesterday reading thru the blogs...I came to the conclusion that if some of those guys met face to face there would be sh1t flying , i mean people actually ganging up against each other and all of them bikers!what happened with "agreeing to disagree"..

Update Reply
excalibur @ 02/11/2009 08:45  

It's too easy for some to say things on-line, they'd never say face to face. Generally i think most bikers get on well and if someone's in trouble it doesn't take long for others to rally round and help.

Update Reply
Rob1050 @ 02/11/2009 10:08  

Irrelevant of community you will always get a difference of opinion which makes for shall we say heated debates !!! On the whole i think most bikers use the commonality of riding as a basis to start a discussion, mind you dont get car drivers nodding as they pass each other, unless ur me of course and just do it to confuse folk :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 02/11/2009 10:13  

There does seem to be a reluctance amongst some groups to nod. For eg it's not every Harley rider that will acknowledge a sportsbike (and vice versa) Many bikers wont ackknowledge scooters (I do, for a secret reason) confuses them sometimes aswell.

Update Reply
Rob1050 @ 02/11/2009 10:18  

Rob i know your secret lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 02/11/2009 10:23  

Whispering Rob don't tel the trees as the trees don't need to know lmao There is elitism in certain groups of bikers, Plastics tend not to nod back to me and nether do Harley riders, back in t day we all used to nod or wave to each other, I always stop if a biker looks like he’s in bother at the road side or if I spot a bike with a loose item on it going or coming away from a rally, I’ll do my best to alert him/her to the fact. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p> I believe I belong to a brotherhood of bikers or I’d not be on this site! Nor would I attend two bike clubs HDMCC Tuesdays my club and Wanderers Bike club created recently Thursday Nights “clashes with a local MAG group” but I now try to attend as regularly as funds allow, as stated before we have a mixture of members who ride every type of two wheeler (scooters are admittedly thin on the ground lol) but we promote the clubs as all biker types are welcome, no one comes to our club is an extremist of any kind as far as I know lol.

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 02/11/2009 12:24  

Don't worry - Harley riders don't acknowledge me either! Me, I wave to everybody, even police riders (and to their credit they waved back.) I am still thinking about the brotherhood thing - is certainly not a big part of my experience but then I ride for different reasons.

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 02/11/2009 12:44  

weve all got a common interest so naturally we'll talk at cafes petrol stations ect but i think the proof of a 'brotherhood' is in how many bikers stop to help a guy wi a broken down bike at side of the road. i've had a 1979 mg midget a couple of yrs ago and it was the same sort of thing, always get a wave from a driver in a classic car and often when i parked up some where some body would come and ask about the car n that

Update Reply
yorkshireman91 @ 02/11/2009 13:52  

You might find "brotherhood" amongst the fellow members of your club, if you choose to belong to a bike club, but this alleged extended family of "bikers" who are all fluffy and wonderful and helpful to each other, no matter what, is a complete myth in my opinion.

Yep - you'll find some remarkably fine individuals within the so-called "biking community". No doubt about it. You'll also find some of the worst representatives of our society.

I admit I'm guilty of assuming I'm less likely to have stock stolen at a bikers rally than I am at other sorts of events. It's an utterly stupid assumption, as so many assumptions are. Just because someone happens to ride a bike doesn't mean they're not going to be a thieving barsteward.

As for "what happened to agreeing to disagree"... that's more a statement I'd associate with "polite society", e.g. agreeing to disagree if a discussion gets a little heated over the dinner table. It's not a statement I'd particularly associate with "bikers" (whatever "bikers" are).

Just because there is a common factor of travelling the roads via 2-wheeled motorised transport, doesn't mean everybody's going to agree with everybody else... & I'd be bloody worried if it did!

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 02/11/2009 14:13  

it ant wot its was 20 yrs ago excalibur but its still there just peeps more busy and darnt say owt now days there seams to be a vast spectrum of bikers now days to as so many choises of ride now ! but better for it at times

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 02/11/2009 17:41  

I've ridden a chop for over 20 years now and the only people likely to wave back,stop when broken down or simply say hello at the petrol station are other chop riders. Can't put all race replica riders in the same basket but 99% of the ones i have met in the past have a "holier than thou" attitude. I'm sure they are not all the same. Just my own personal experience.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/11/2009 18:38  

my chap wont let me ride with him and his 'biker mates' on their weekly rides out....i think its either i'm a girl or my bike aint pretty or fast enough or coz i'm not pretty enough...makes me think they're all toffy nosed crotch rocket riders....bring back the real bikers i say...dont matter what you ride, brotherhood or sisterhood

Update Reply
uglyducklin @ 09/11/2009 08:28  

Maybe he's just scared you'll show them the quick way round the twisty bits

Update Reply
Rob1050 @ 09/11/2009 12:51  

UD he wouldnt be my chap for long lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 09/11/2009 12:54  

have to put I 2nd that comment!!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/11/2009 15:40  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email