MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Online Bike Insurance

Online Bike Insurance - Forums [Biker Match] Online Bike Insurance - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Online Bike Insurance

ive just been getting quotes for my renewal and found one from simply bikes for £130 best i could get being young and having 3 points for speeding (naughty yorkie), so i think ok i'll buy that, following the on screen instructions i enter my account detals and my card details and then this card varification screen pops up askin for my card manufacturer (ie not the bank but card make) password... never even heard of it so i press the forgotten pass-word button, follow the instructions and nothing happens so i try again. Next thing i Know my banks phoning me saying that a fraud alterts being flagged up on my account! i explained wot'd happened and was told that as a precaution there canceling my card and sending me a new one out but thats going to take about 5 days so now, if i want to get any money out of my bank i have to go into the branch which is inconvienient but it also means i can't renew bike insurance just yet and when i do i wont be doing it online. Dont get me wrong im very happy with the way my bank acted after all it could well of been somebody else trying to use my card details and they acted quickly and stopped the transaction. All im saying is its put me off buying online i think your always better off speaking to a human END OF RANT

Update Reply
yorkshireman91 @ 19/10/2009 15:01  

I usually fone the company, theres no chance of any mistakes being made then and i can ask all the questions I need to and clarify all details

Update Reply
drobess @ 19/10/2009 17:24  

I agree with Tracey, get a quote online sure but not filling in my details.

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 19/10/2009 19:45  

Have you tried Footman James? They are on the web but also can call em too. Anyone I've talked about em think they are rather good! Service as well as brokerage!

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 19/10/2009 20:15  

There's another one that might be worth a look, e-bike,.. I've both me Pan Euros with them for well under £100! Ok, I've no decorations on me license or recent crashes so that helps.

Update Reply
Paj1369 @ 19/10/2009 20:34  

buying online is no less safe than phoning... just use the same precautions. If they're asking for make of card, passwords etc... run a mile! If its a name you've never heard before... run again! If the website looks crappy... you've guessed it. Look after yourself using common-sense and you can't go wrong. Google the company if you're unsure and you'll find many warnings against dodgy sites. Best advice is to just go around the top 10 insurers you know, on their direct website, and get quoted. Go ahead and buy from their website too, its safe and secure (as long as you have no viruses or key loggers on your PC - so install anti-virus software). I'm working on setting up our own credit card processing on Biker Match, but it's hard work getting it all working and secure. Needless to say that you'll all have the best protection when paying on BM

Update Reply
Matt @ 19/10/2009 21:30  

i have insured my Surf with e.car and they did a damn good deal on fully comp.... i wonder if the bike deals are as good?

Update Reply
anneka56 @ 20/10/2009 00:13  

Getting insured by phone doesn't always work - especially if the brokers are a bunch of complete idiots. I had problems for months with Swinton Bikes who, in spite of being e-mailed information rather than just giving it verbally by phone still managed to screw everything up. It took, numerous phone calls, two letters of complaint which they claimed not to have received because they moved but didn't put their new address on their letterheads and one through Swinton Collonade head office to get everything resolved.

Being rather conservative towards IT (which almost invariably turns round and bites me) I avoid transactions on line if possible. But doing it by phone can also go pear shaped and I will be choosing my next bike insurance broker with care and preferably by personal recommendation next time.

Update Reply
Cataraptor @ 20/10/2009 07:10  

I'm glad you put that about Swinton Cat, I'm having bother with them now. They canceled a policy for no reason whatsoever and they are now insisting I owe them £100 for the cover! Under consumer law you can't charge for a service that you didn't (or cannot) supply. So I'm sticking it out! I have written to them twice with no reply, next move will be the insurance ombudsmen

Update Reply
ghosthunter @ 20/10/2009 08:09  

im having probs with e bike insurance bin with them sevral yrs had a gap 18 months now there thretning to cancle mine policcy coz i dont have full no claims 23 yrs ive never claimd yet there all a bunch of wrs !!!!!!

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 20/10/2009 09:16  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email