MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Most epic bike rides

Most epic bike rides - Forums [Biker Match] Most epic bike rides - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Most epic bike rides

I know its probably been done to death But what your most Epic Bike ride My rather feeble effort is 390 miles to Newquay in cornwall on my own on a GSX600 with camping gear getting tottaly lost (No sat nav then ) more than four times no less my next best bike ride Was on a Harley D From Daytona up to sant Augustin in Florida along coast rd yrds from the beach Living the dream for a wee wile what yours dosnt matter how far it was just what stands out in your memory??? WN

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 01/10/2009 12:48  

Riding round Southern Ireland and I mean all of Southern Ireland..had a numb bum by the time we came back..brilliant routes...scenery...accommodation and most importantly the people are so lovely ...

Update Reply
bikerchick1966 @ 01/10/2009 16:46  

hey thanks bikerchick the people are nice and so the guinnes thought itd get more responce than that or have you all been riding bikes for three months lol

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 02/10/2009 23:31  

Furthest I've ever been, as a pillion, is St Denis in France when I was 18. I didn't venture very far when riding my own bike, just pootled about shopping, visiting rellies and popping over to Squires.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 02/10/2009 23:39  

yeh hi kwakus nice to see you join on

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 02/10/2009 23:41  

Neily do you work in the post office? With your tongue stuck out it looks like you're licking stamps

Update Reply
Sandi @ 02/10/2009 23:45  

ready and waiting like a faithfull doggy me

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 02/10/2009 23:49  

Most years since 1990ish I've done the ACU/BMF National Rally in July. Up to 800 miles in about 20 hours, a sort of orienteering on two wheels across the entire country from the River Thames up to North Yorkshire.
Loadsa tales to tell and sights seen. The couple from Bristol with the baby in the sidecar...bloke doing a complete clutch strip on an MZ at one control...another couple having a midnight row over navigation and didn't give a **** who heard...and the time when I accidentally ended up in the classic bikes section of the Tewkesbury Carnival.
Everyone's got to do it once.

Update Reply
Wills @ 03/10/2009 00:42  

Hay wills another man with a side car snap there must be a more direct rout to peterborough from liver pool son !

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 03/10/2009 00:48  

Bradford to Venice in under 24 hours, just under 1200 miles and bannable speeds in three countries. You would not believe how much I spent on toll fees and fuel. Riding back took four days, no tolls, half the fuel and was more fun. Other one was 4,000 Km around northern India on a Bullet but that took a month.

Update Reply
prof @ 03/10/2009 10:55  

nice one prof any one beet that ?

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 03/10/2009 14:52  

Valencia for the SBK great track layout can see it all from grandstand. Then up to Marseilles to join ship love riding in europe lot less demanding

Update Reply
micksaway @ 03/10/2009 22:42  

my most epic bike ride is when i put the key in the ignition and hear the bass line coming from my viper race can and then turn into a howl as i set off on my ride outs and that feeling u get when a nice bend comes up and give the twistgrip some welly.. ....zx7r best bike on the planet....

Update Reply
Screaming Eagle @ 04/10/2009 00:22  

did 230 mile other night for a cuppa AAAhhHHH ! sound more like a drum kit ninjaman7r do u have symble for mirrors

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 13/10/2009 08:46  

When i rode my wifes Hyosung Aquila 650 cruiser back from a small town in the north western Cape to George where we lived 600+ miles 40degrees temp. stopping only for fuel and leg stretches..that Korean bike earned my respect! only incidents were a sore bum and both mirrors that fell off at speed and shattered,i'd love to do Route 66 in the States on a HD before its too late. BTW very good topic WN dont know how i missed it before lol

Update Reply
excalibur @ 13/10/2009 09:05  

dont think many bin far exca I rekon there all new riders and pilly rides only what you think mate ?

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 13/10/2009 13:32  

Would love to tour across Russia and Australia :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 13/10/2009 14:37  

Rideing to crotia and back took in 12 countrys loads of great roads,met nice people,good food,bugeria next just got to save up

Update Reply
sumodwarf @ 13/10/2009 18:37  

sumo ! i'm with you BJ allways wanted to do Aussie out back on dirt bike !

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 13/10/2009 18:40  

i just wanna get out on the bike....had no time !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/10/2009 18:46  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email