MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

fair weather or anything goes?

fair weather or anything goes? (2) - Forums [Biker Match] fair weather or anything goes? (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

fair weather or anything goes?

sadly by van not got me bike at mo ! WHITE VAN MAN RULES

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 02/10/2009 21:02  

Oh no...not a white van man....I must remember to keep out of your way....lol

Update Reply
bikerchick1966 @ 02/10/2009 21:03  

dont get in my blind spot not when I'm whearing BJ 's speks

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 02/10/2009 21:05  

well as i do around 40-60 thousand a year i am mainly in the van, apart from the times i can get out either with LC or my daughter on the bike, but riding a high powered bike, i dont seem the point in taking a risk on wet or icy roads and putting my pillion at risk, so if that classes me as a fair weather rider so be it !!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/10/2009 21:06  

wheres yah Viking spirit Ian

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 02/10/2009 21:08  

oh its there.....but i too am a white van man, i will ride in bad conditions buddy if required, but wont put my daughter or LC at risk with 170bhp at the back wheel !!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/10/2009 21:09  

Right remember Rose...watch out for white van drivers with HUGE BJ specs....lol

Update Reply
bikerchick1966 @ 02/10/2009 21:10  

cor he's touchy tonight! was looking at yah hat when i wrote it LOL of cause your right ian not knocking that buddy 170at back wheel cool what is it ?

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 02/10/2009 21:14  

Blackbird...not touchy buddy....just will always give my honest opinion...either peeps rip it to bits or agree.............hey ho !!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/10/2009 21:15  

some people cant take honesty i find

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 02/10/2009 21:17  

i know......but its the only way i know, it sometimes upsets folks, and i hold back my opinion on so many things on here as people have lesser moral standards than me...so sometimes even i have to keep the horns pointing down !!!!!!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/10/2009 21:19  

my van is white :)

Update Reply
dunans @ 03/10/2009 13:34  

I have a white van as well - in fact I want to sell it LOL

Update Reply
Throttle Jockey @ 04/10/2009 19:35  

Bike all year round (that's why she's in bits now lol) stripped down frame swing arm side ctr stands coiled rear springs front head light assembly and battery box support all now in DEEP plastic coating If I had the money I'd have either a winter hack or a van/estate!

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 04/10/2009 21:37  

Cheers to the all weather riders by choice or not , since the late 90's i regard myself as a fair weather rider. I will ride my bike in all seasons but as with other peeps on here i tend to plan around the elements...definately dont enjoy windy conditions lol

Update Reply
excalibur @ 05/10/2009 08:27  

definately dont enjoy windy conditions lol Me and my nostrils are glad to know that, excal

Update Reply
Sandi @ 05/10/2009 08:55  

I think best technique (well works for me) is to relax into the wind rather than fight it, it's a zen to say this but to quote Bruce Lee "Be like water let yourself flow around your opponent" but ("be ready to freeze and become like ice when you are ready to STRIKE") lol Some of the worse conditions I've ever riden in are the times when it's sleeting! That stuff LOVES to cling togeather on your visor and is vey unpredictable under tyres too. Packet snow/ice is erm entertaining too lol.

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 05/10/2009 09:01  

Love the sleet, Andy - what a buzz! Rode the Harley up to Cairngorms Ski Centre in a static -12° with an inch of sleet stuck to the front of my jacket and the oil light glowing as the oil was struggling to get round the engine.... what a fantastic trip though! I knew I was alive THAT day....

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 05/10/2009 13:56  

Worse i can recall was being hit by a freak hailstorm with a openface helmet on,frantically searching for shelter,this started off as a hot sunny day so i never had any real kit on,fortunately made it to a service station and sat it out mostly,at the time it was pretty scary though because of impatient motorists, i've never ridden on icy roads and would'nt attempt it either.

Update Reply
excalibur @ 05/10/2009 15:03  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email