MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

fair weather or anything goes?

fair weather or anything goes? - Forums [Biker Match] fair weather or anything goes? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

fair weather or anything goes?

As the title says really. Now the autumn is virtually up on us will you be putting the bike away for winter? <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p> <o:p></o:p> Or do you get a cheap hack to play on - perhaps a large off roader.<o:p></o:p> <o:p></o:p> Or do you ride and ride and ride - sticking 2 fingers up to the weather and then ride some more???????<o:p></o:p>

Update Reply
Throttle Jockey @ 30/09/2009 21:11  

most definitely the third option...

Update Reply
dave23 @ 30/09/2009 21:20  

must be my age but I do remember it getting a bit chilly on the M4 a few times last winter

Update Reply
dave23 @ 30/09/2009 21:24  

must be my age but I do remember it getting a bit chilly on the M4 a few times last winter ..lol

Update Reply
dave23 @ 30/09/2009 21:24  

Don't drive a car, 40 miles to work, no option really.

Interesting rather than fun though, from now until spring...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/09/2009 21:28  

Have no option now as only form of transport. It tends to be dryer in winter anyway. just wrap up a bit.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 30/09/2009 21:35  

will still be out and about,just not when its icy

Update Reply
julie j @ 30/09/2009 21:44  

I am lucky at the minute and have a couple of bikes to choose from. The Fireplace will stay in the garage (where it has been most of the year) and I will ride my V-Strop through the winter - the fact it has heated grip fitted has absolutely nothing to do with it The sports bike spins up to easy so the V-Strop is a better choice I recon. Still have a LTM to throw at the scenery when required so always riding regardless to weather - dont think I would want to be a pillion through the worst of it though.

Update Reply
Throttle Jockey @ 30/09/2009 22:03  

only means of transport , to and from work, and playtime on days off , so all weathers for me and my trusty stead :)

Update Reply
uglyducklin @ 30/09/2009 22:05  

snow is a good chance to practice my speedway tecnic winter rideing keeps you sharp knakkers ya bike thow get a spair !

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 30/09/2009 22:07  

WN hey those are mine lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 30/09/2009 22:35  

I'm not daft (OK, don't answer that...)
If it's piddlin down or freezing then I'll go by car, particularly if there's ice on the road. But a half-decent day in winter and the bike comes out to play. Always has done.

Update Reply
Wills @ 30/09/2009 23:04  

bike only!! no matter wot the weather

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/10/2009 17:24  

bike when possible...........................despite the weather lol!!!

Update Reply
babyharley @ 02/10/2009 17:26  

I go on my bike all year round, but saying that if it is piddlin down i or icy I take the car. I am thinking of getting some heated grips at least though because i really feel the cold and hope that these may at least help a little bit.

Update Reply
drobess @ 02/10/2009 17:42  

You do feel the cold don't you, you were cold at the rally,!!! I on the other hand have my flushes to keep me warm, saves on the electrickery too !! lol There are some advantages to getting older!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/10/2009 18:48  

roll on me hot flushes then if they will keep me warm on the bike in the winter

Update Reply
drobess @ 02/10/2009 19:42  

ill mostly be driving me car or me van from now. any nice days ill get the bike out or obviously any rallies ill go on me bike no matter if its raining snowing icy or what lol

Update Reply
dunans @ 02/10/2009 19:57  

My bike is away for the winter...mainly cos its not insured now lol...but it wouldnt come out anyway. I dont do getting wet or cold on a bike. Thats why i have a car, with heaters, and a windscreen and everyfink! Plus my car puts a big grin on my face, so its more fun in the winter

Update Reply
darkcarnival @ 02/10/2009 20:38  

I have been an all weather girl as a pillion for over 26yrs...and been out all year round...

Whilst I have had my bikes this year..it has done nothing but rain hail etc..and I have ridden out in it....

I will take Ruby out..but it all depends on what I am doing...etc..but I am certainly not putting her away all winter...NO WAY...I couldn't bear not riding for that amount of time...anyway we don't have a summer as such so you can't really be a fair weather rider for any length of time as the seasons are not seasons anymore!

Update Reply
bikerchick1966 @ 02/10/2009 20:45  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email