MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Newbies Forum

Let me see if I've got this right...

Let me see if I've got this right... - Forums [Biker Match] Let me see if I've got this right... - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Newbies Forum /

Let me see if I've got this right...

So, a nod's as good as a wink. Sometimes…

I can nod if I'm interested, and I can nod if I'm just curious. So if I nod and get a reply it'll be down to PMs to work out who means what.

Right, I think I've got that. (This is going to be a disaster…)

Another curiosity, if someone checks out my profile then naturally I'll check out theirs, but I've had one person check out my profile a couple of times and when I've gone to check theirs I get a message telling me that member doesn't exist or doesn't have a profile or their profile's disabled!

I suppose maybe they are active members but want to stay hidden, in which case why disable their profile but not disable logging?

I'm not a complete idiot
(bits of me are missing)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/09/2009 08:52  

This has come up time and time before with several members raising exactly the same point as you. It's believed that some members don't realise they've disabled their profile so one member suggested PMing them to say, thanks for looking at mine, can you enable yours so I can do the same. If you type the person's username into the PM box, you can still PM them. Hope that helps!

Update Reply
Roachy @ 27/09/2009 09:40  

Yeah Dave , Roachy's right about pm'ing them for a response , however i just ignore when it happens cos i believe they're only curious and don't want any contact . imo

Update Reply
excalibur @ 27/09/2009 09:55  

Dave - maybe they checked out your profile, were so shocked by what they saw that they cancelled/disabled their profile before running down the street screaming...

Just a thought...

*shrugs shoulders*

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 27/09/2009 11:23  

You'll also find that if your logged out you can view profiles without them knowing. So maybe you've had hundreds view you. you just don't know. I think thats wot happens to mine.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 27/09/2009 11:39  

Dave I don't respond to a nod cos most times when I have done I've been ignored by the sender. I've been here 3 yrs and I still can't work that one out. There are as many reasons for sending a nod as there are senders. I'd like to think that I was worth a PM (private message) and that I'm not so intimadating/ugly that folk daren't send one. Waiting for my 'significant other' to find me, thinking of hoisting my undercrackers to a flag pole so that he will find me.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 27/09/2009 12:52  

TC pretty sure that happens to mine all the time, should i change my pic do you think lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 27/09/2009 14:33  

Thanks folks for making that clearer/muddier/scarier!

TeeCee - I think you've hit the nail on the head!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/09/2009 18:39  

Oh ! I've been nodding at people so much I've got sore neck

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 27/09/2009 19:18  

You been head-banging to Metallica again WN ?!!

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 27/09/2009 19:57  

Got me susted Nutters lol

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 27/09/2009 20:06  

This is a relatively New development ,,,,,But do u know that on this site we have Nids ,,,as well as Nods.......

Update Reply
Roaring Ruby @ 28/09/2009 02:12  

oh no, not another member who requires my help with spellings...... WN, its 's u s s e d', TA tells you so...

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 28/09/2009 07:52  

Nod.....well I have been a member now for 2yrs...it used to be a wink..meaning you was interested in that particular person..then you waited for a reply or contacted them by pm...

Now it is a nod it is difficult to tell...but I take it as a friendly nod as out riding on my bike when you nod to another biker...just a friendly acknowledgement of one another..I no longer take it as someone is interested...it is only when someone pm's me that I take it they are interested in me...

Us older members pm each other as a way of communicating saving our landline or mobile telephone bills...it is also a way of saying things out of the public domaine...and lastly it is a nice medium to communicate to the lovely friends I have made on here supporting each other along our way in life....

Oh yes..that disabled profile point..I do not like that...I agree with Kwak and others these people might not be aware they are disabling their profile..to me personally I think they are lurking..and there must be something odd about them if they cannot be honest and upfront about stuff..

Sorry just my opinion...

Update Reply
bikerchick1966 @ 28/09/2009 10:00  

I send you all a BIG FAT NID lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 28/09/2009 13:27  

were all odd on here anyway BC !!!!!!!!!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/09/2009 14:21  

he he you speak for yourself Ian............told you that before! some of us are just a little nuts pmsl!!!

Update Reply
babyharley @ 28/09/2009 16:54  

BH i wud rather use th expression unique

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 28/09/2009 21:06  

HI DTDM Welcome to the site, I have to agree with BC that a nod or nid is just an act of biker friendship as for the missing profiles I dont get many looking at me so never experienced a misper as yet. One thing I have noticed is that if you check out someones profile and then look at their pics and press to go back to their profile it shows as two looks even though its in the same session of looking . It doest mean that some one has gone and returned again to have another nose at ya, so dont get too excited. Anyhow I have met some great people on here and know you will too. Moon .

Update Reply
moonstone @ 28/09/2009 21:26  

Thanks Moon you say the nicest things

See you Friday first drinks on Lime (but dont tell him i said so)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 28/09/2009 21:31  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email