MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Classifieds & Swap Shop

Bike covers

Bike covers - Forums [Biker Match] Bike covers - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Classifieds & Swap Shop /

Bike covers

It's been moved, so I will try to spread the good news again, here where most folks will see it. Today's 'Daily Deal' on e-bay is an Oxford Aquatex bike cover, in various colours and sizes for £9.99! Post free !! Get in there BMers !! I love a bargain !!

Update Reply
maxnod @ 25/09/2009 18:36  

wish this was available when i bought mine , i paid 22 quid 4 months ago and thought it was cheap at the time . Good one Max!

Update Reply
excalibur @ 26/09/2009 12:41  

And they have them in PINK !!!

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 26/09/2009 16:37  

Shame I missed this, a cover (or 2) would be handy for outside my house, esp over winter. Not sure I'd want a pink one though, I thought half the reason of having a cover on your bike was to make it as inconspicuous as possible. I'm not much of a girly girl though so pink has never really my thing.

Update Reply
Roachy @ 26/09/2009 17:55  

I had a very good quality cover many years ago back when I was living at home. My bike used to live on the patio and felt a cover was important. However, one thing I did learn about using a cover is that a mucky bike and a bike cover don't mix. When I got my first fairly new bike, a VFR750, I noticed small scratches appearing on the bodywork. Stopped using the cover and the scratching stopped. Never used a cover since.

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 26/09/2009 18:37  

I allways put old towels over tank and seat under cover

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 28/09/2009 22:54  

Pink covers are a definite no no like pink jackets etc..oh deary me...

Update Reply
bikerchick1966 @ 28/09/2009 23:18  

get the 'bikehome'....99.00 and concertiners over the bike and does not let a drop of water in

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/09/2009 23:23  

Looks a good cover Ian...

Update Reply
bikerchick1966 @ 28/09/2009 23:26  

Does look good Ian but personally, if I had the flat floor space for one of those, I'd have a shed instead.

Update Reply
Roachy @ 28/09/2009 23:30  

My sentiments exactly Roachy...

Update Reply
bikerchick1966 @ 28/09/2009 23:33  

not when its on the front of your house roachy, these look alot less gastly, where a shed would look awful !!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/09/2009 23:34  

Each to their own again Ian..I would love a shed just back Ruby into...much easier...just that my landlord wont let me have one...

Update Reply
bikerchick1966 @ 28/09/2009 23:35  

the bike cover is at ground level rose so alot easier than a ramp into a shed!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/09/2009 23:36  

why does it feel that everything i post gets pulled to peices !!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/09/2009 23:37  

Well naturally I'd rather have a shed round the back of the house but if the only place was at the front, then I'd still choose a shed, unless I couldn't for any other reason. But I live on a quite a steep hill so I've got a pretty steep front and back garden so no off road parking at all. Would love to dig the front out but it's a huge job and I can't afford it.

Update Reply
Roachy @ 28/09/2009 23:40  

when you have to fit a bike, mercedes vito van, and another car, and you live in a 1912 cottage terrace, the last thing you want imo is a great big shed on your drive,but my bike is more secure than most peoples in the bike cover, no access can be made to the bike as the cover is locked down to a cen 5 standard ground anchor and mul-t-lock interactive padlock

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/09/2009 23:43  

I'm not pulling your post to peices Ian. I said the bike cover looks good but I personally wouldn't want one. Well it's not even that, it's that I prefer a shed. You personally don't want a shed and that's fine. You obviously have what works for you. I'm not saying the bike cover is crap or anything like that, just not what I'd want - like a pink cover. My own personal opinion is that pink biking gear looks naff but I decided not to post that because it might be rather offensive to those who loves their pink stuff.

Update Reply
Roachy @ 28/09/2009 23:51  

the bike cover is not ideal, i wanted a shed, but they are just too big for the front of my house, and the back in concealed, but it does feel like my comments are regually pulled to peices, not aiming the comment at you roachy at all

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/09/2009 23:54  

Its ok ian mine has to go under a bike cover. unless my insurance co is looking. Then its inside a concrete garage.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 28/09/2009 23:58  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email