MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Technical Motorbike Help

Ruby needs a full service...

Ruby needs a full service... (3) - Forums [Biker Match] Ruby needs a full service... (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Technical Motorbike Help /

Ruby needs a full service...

They're both ladies!

Update Reply
Wills @ 21/09/2009 18:32  

Awww thank you Wills...!

Thanks Mark again...we will get Ruby back to 100% very soon..just to let you know she is much quieter now...not so much banging when hot....she ran well to Northwich and back today....even nippier..

Ruby is a very happy bike (and so is her owner!)

Update Reply
bikerchick1966 @ 21/09/2009 21:09  

is your back better now then rose, hope so !!!!!!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/09/2009 22:22  

Yes thank you Ian....Ive been to see Dr and been given painkillers and physio...Ruby isnt the cause of my back pain but the stupid courtesy cars that my insurance company gave me..and also as a result of my accident a few weeks ago..

Update Reply
bikerchick1966 @ 21/09/2009 22:40  

Ruby needs her clutch and brake fluid changing...her valve clearances done together with balancing the carbs..that is it now...anyone able to give me a hand PRETTY PLEASE??? As 2WF found out I am not good at the mechanical side...I try hard...but I found Ruby a bit out of my league...

THANK YOU!!!

Update Reply
bikerchick1966 @ 01/10/2009 16:53  

it seems to have gone wrong rose all of a sudden ????

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/10/2009 17:42  

No Ian it had definitely not been serviced properly in a very long time..despite what folk said....the fairing hasnt been off in years...the oil filter welded on..the plugs were like they had been buried in the garden and the oil well really black and sludgey..

It is definitely NOTHING I have done to her..in fact I am looking after Ruby very well...I keep her clean too...she is rewarding me well...

Update Reply
bikerchick1966 @ 02/10/2009 20:57  

You will have a job to change the clutch fluid Rose, its a cable

Update Reply
Retrowheely @ 03/10/2009 20:02  

PMSL...lol....

Update Reply
bikerchick1966 @ 04/10/2009 01:36  

Sorry DC dont know about Ruby but i need a full service is there a manual for that? lol

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 04/10/2009 16:52  

I would offer to check the valve clearances but listening to the thread and the poor bikes lack of maintenance I fear that some of the valve clearances would need adjustment which if it is the engine I think it is, is a cam out job. Then you need someone with the right shims, which can be a pain as most dealer don't carry the full range.

If you check the valve clearences it make sense to have changed the oil and oil filter after not before, so any muck that got in the engine while checking is flushed out at the oil change!

Update Reply
finbarred @ 05/10/2009 23:46  

fin...if you see the bike you will know its not had a 'poor lack of maintenence', it was running perfectly when rose bought it off my best mate, the bike had just returned from the bulldog and a weeks ride touring around wales, and didnt miss a beat.......

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/10/2009 07:33  

Valve clearances on the GSX750F are actually old-fashioned screw and locknut adjusters. Means they can go out of adjustment quicker, but much easier for home maintenance.
Must admit I assumed they were bucket and shim, but had a sneaky peep at a Haynes book in Halfords.
I've seen Ruby from the outside and she certainly looks immaculate, and I'm surprised at what others have found on closer inspection.

Update Reply
Wills @ 06/10/2009 08:06  

so am i, and as i got the bike for rose, all this talk of poor maintanence feels like i have sold her a nail!!! which i dont believe it is.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/10/2009 17:34  

Ian I don't think it's a slur on your judgement, or reputation, it's just what Rose has found. Could it be that these things happened while Rose was riding the bike, she has done some miles and with the greatest of care most bikes will get dirty, wear, when ridden? It's how they should be.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 06/10/2009 17:46  

dont think they can all happen so quick in my experience.....but thanks anyway Kwak

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/10/2009 17:47  

my bet is the carb are out of balance 600f & 750f allway going out of balance !

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 06/10/2009 17:49  

Put that furry tongue away for gods sake !!!!.........evening buddy !!! lmao

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/10/2009 17:50  

lmao YO horning hat

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 06/10/2009 17:55  

or was horny

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 06/10/2009 17:56  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email