MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Technical Motorbike Help

Ruby needs a full service...

Ruby needs a full service... - Forums [Biker Match] Ruby needs a full service... - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Technical Motorbike Help /

Ruby needs a full service...

Ruby is need of a full service..can you tell me what would be done for her in a full service...I live near Derby ...can anyone recommend a very good bike mechanic to do the job for me..one I can trust and not be ripped off by....valve clearance might need doing

Thank you !!!

Update Reply
bikerchick1966 @ 31/08/2009 00:21  

she was only done about 2,ooo miles ago rose

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/08/2009 00:30  

Wud that be Roaring Ruby?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/08/2009 07:14  

i am sure rose will be glad of your offer xk....on a serious note, does anyone know the service intervals etc for a gsx750F

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/08/2009 08:53  

Rose/Ian, I think the service intervals were the unusual (but common for Suzuki) 3750 miles and maybe your clearances about every 7500. Could be wrong. Haynes do a manual if you want to do a bit yourself but otherwise get an original owners manual, only about £5-7 from a dealer. It will tell you what needs doing/when and will give basic details of where things are.

Update Reply
limeninja9 @ 31/08/2009 09:54  

cheers limes, i am sure rose will get a manual

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/08/2009 10:06  

Might be an idea just to give a local dealer a quick call ... They should know how often it needs doing.

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 31/08/2009 14:21  

spoke to rose this morning, she seems to think it need the valves doind, clearences etc.....i think she has a friend that will sort it for her

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/08/2009 14:27  

Well Mr_P knows a good Suzuki dealer she can ring for advice, its local to us but he is a great guy & wont give bad advice

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 31/08/2009 14:33  

we bought the bike for our friend to use at the bulldog, and to go round wales afterwards, it didnt miss a beat, i have been brought up with cars and bikes as my dad still owns a car garage in manchester, the bike and engine seemed fine to me, but if rose wants it doing for peice of mind thats cool

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/08/2009 14:36  

Never Trust main dealers or any dearlers for that matter! I went to my local honda dealer to ask what would be the next major service on my bike and what would it intail! They got two things wrong straight off the bat! "Tappets and cam chain adjustment! Is quite on wineded because of the patrial strip down!" erm no was my reply what you meen no I said this bike has fully automatic hydraulic tappits! and an automatic cam chain adjuster! I turned and walked away from a £160 service pluse consumables!

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 31/08/2009 15:29  

i did a basic service on mine yesterday,did oil,plugs filters no probs easy peasy!

Update Reply
julie j @ 31/08/2009 22:23  

Shes sounding a bit rough now Ive taken her out....and for some reason shes bouncing a bit too much....so perhaps the suspension is a bit soft..other than that its for peace of mind...Its got the mileage for a good check over...think I should make sure Ruby is in tip top condition as shes a cracking bike and I want her to be more than 100%

Ian Ive gone through all her documents and it says her last service was at 12723 miles on 17th Sept 02....

Update Reply
bikerchick1966 @ 31/08/2009 23:46  

do what ya gotta do rose, noworries, i dont understand why she is suddenly sounding rough....she has just done around a 1000 miles trouble free......with brian on her who as 18 stone......and no suspension bounce...but if ya worried get her in to a suzuki approved garage.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/09/2009 00:08  

Ooooo cant afford Suzuki prices.....

Update Reply
bikerchick1966 @ 01/09/2009 00:23  

no i mean a mechanic who is suzuki approved, sv shell posted on this thread that ian knew someone, so may be worth dropping her a pm rose.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/09/2009 00:26  

Thanks just reading thread now properly..well its late...

Update Reply
bikerchick1966 @ 01/09/2009 00:37  

think it may be you making weird noises rosie and perhaps you that needs that servicing lmfao.....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/09/2009 00:41  

Ive been needing a full service and overhaul for a very long time now Ian...but Ive had no body offer lol

Update Reply
bikerchick1966 @ 01/09/2009 00:44  

BC im up to see my daughter on the 5th in Kirkby near Mansfield, i had the retro version of your bike and did all my own servicing, if you want me to help you out with the servicing just let me know? 2wheely

Update Reply
Retrowheely @ 02/09/2009 00:55  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email