MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

The R V Rally

The R V Rally - Forums [Biker Match] The R V Rally - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

The R V Rally

There's a couple of us newbies looking to try camping out within say 50 miles of Scotch corner just for one night (probably a Saturday). Just to get used to the idea of packing bike, lighting fires and getting p***ed! Anyone got any good sites they know of or fancy joining us that would be great

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 11/07/2009 14:25  

Where is scotch corner? I could be interested but not if its scotland.... Not that I mind Scotland I just love it but the distance is a prob for one night if its Scotland.

Update Reply
moonstone @ 11/07/2009 14:29  

moonstone,
Scotch Corner is 50 miles north of Leeds. Probably looking to get away in first couple of weeks of August. Get there Sat morning and set up 'camp', day on the lash then come back Sunday afternoon after a full english and some sober time

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 11/07/2009 14:34  

I could do Aug 8th. Somewhere on the North York Moors, p'haps?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/07/2009 15:02  

what about nipping across the A66 to the lakes?? theres a campsite there in a village called Eskdale Green,Fisherground Farm.You can have a fire and there is a pub bout 200 yards up the road!

Update Reply
pondlife @ 11/07/2009 17:04  

XK ... I could do Aug 8th. Somewhere on the North York Moors, p'haps? Rut roh ... be afraid ... be very afraid

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 11/07/2009 17:53  

Well SV I haven't got a clue what you're talking about but XKL and pondlife's ideas sound like what we're talking about lol.

The lakes or north yorks moors both sound good lads. I'll see how much more interest there is over the next week and we'll get a location firmed up. Are you up for it pond or just recommending a place?

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 11/07/2009 19:04  

cant do that weekend, its the bulldog bash weekend

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/07/2009 19:13  

Well dates aren't set in stone Ian. It would be great if a few of you lot came along so we can set a date to suit the majority. How you fixed for other weekends in August XKL?

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 11/07/2009 19:20  

Just a recommend at the minute mate I'm afraid but i've been going to that particular site on and off for the past 20 or so years,bit far for me for a one nighter though

Update Reply
pondlife @ 11/07/2009 19:23  

august is ok apart from bdb, and have to make sure i have not got my kids but i will keep eye out for the dates and add if i can go

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/07/2009 19:24  

No worries pond/ian, good of you's to join in the thread lads

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 11/07/2009 19:29  

no worries, you could always put the idea emzeds way, i have heard that his place is really nice, and i think they are planning another weekend there too

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/07/2009 19:32  

Well I won't be a cheeky b****rd Ian. Maybe he'll read this thread and come up with a plan

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 11/07/2009 19:37  

Considering a blat up the A1 to Boroughbridge for the ure welcome rally though

Update Reply
pondlife @ 11/07/2009 19:47  

may pop in for the day to say hi if you`re all gonna be in my neck of the woods, havent quite been out and about as much as id hoped for this yr so got some catching up to do!

Update Reply
julie j @ 11/07/2009 20:39  

I'm also doing the BDB , but if the date is ok and the area not too distant i'd also be interested , and it would be great if EM can make it.

Update Reply
excalibur @ 11/07/2009 21:12  

Well tigger is planning on camping Julie if you fancy bringing your tent and giving her some company (not that the lads would be ignoring her) lol. I didn't expect such a good response but it would be great to see any of you there

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 11/07/2009 21:23  

this sounds good to me RK, i do have some weekends left unbooked in aug, i'll keep an eye ont thread for when u settle on a date

Update Reply
chunkichick @ 11/07/2009 21:46  

Hope you can make it julie - cant have the guys outnumbering us!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/07/2009 21:48  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email