MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

The R V Rally

The R V Rally (8) - Forums [Biker Match] The R V Rally (8) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

The R V Rally

Just posted the only 3! Think the best pics would have come later if anyone had been sober enuff to hold a camera still for 10 seconds lol

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 23/08/2009 17:33  

Good pics RK.. shame theres not any more lol

Update Reply
Karey @ 23/08/2009 18:17  

There would have been some more pix if only I had a helmet camera but it wouldn't have been fair on the sheep that RK was chasing (unsuccessfully), those pix would have been class!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/08/2009 18:29  

Well actually i'm thinking about becoming a shepherd seeing as me n the bike seem to have formed a special bond with the local herds

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 23/08/2009 18:31  

Do you have a big enough crook??? I think you need special wellies too!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/08/2009 18:49  

I've got a whopping great crook and my soaking leathers did feel like wellies by the time I got home!

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 23/08/2009 19:03  

Don't know whether shepherds drink vodka though - you might have to start a new trend! Did you have lamb for dinner?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/08/2009 19:08  

No that cheese spread and it was crap!, does that count??

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 23/08/2009 20:06  

Cheese spread and vodka - at least you got something out of the weekend as well as your kipper lesson. The weekend was great and I certainly learnt a lot about camping with bikes, just wish I could have taken my electric blanket!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/08/2009 20:36  

I've got an electric blanket (plugs into 12volt jump stater pmsl) it's a bloody good thing when on a cold/wet rally just preheat the sleeping bags for about 10mins and slip into a nice none shivering sleep ahhhhh lol But the gas fire is the best when getting up on a cold morning, really good getting dressed not shivering like a thing posessed lol

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 23/08/2009 21:17  

Where do you get one of those electric blankets from then? Sounds like some people are really organised for this camping game - maybe we need some more practise!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/08/2009 21:28  

I bought mine before Woolworths went out the window, but Halfords sell them (heated travel blanket, not sold as electric blanket) they are not full sized blankets but cover enough to keep your feet legs and most of your torso toasty. (do not attempt to run it off your bike battery though, it's a full 60watts loading and could flatten the bike battery rather quickly) I'll be taking mine to the Ure Welcome Rally in two weeks lol.

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 23/08/2009 21:34  

Thanks for that - I will definately be getting one, what kind of battery would I need for it? I have no idea about stuff like that, am not very practical! Not sure whether I am going to the rally or not as moving house next week and things will be rather hectic around here, so am going to wait till nearer the time to decide about that.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/08/2009 21:43  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email