MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Rally check list

Rally check list - Forums [Biker Match] Rally check list - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Rally check list

Aside from the obvious flat screen tv and sky box, could anyone post up a 'must have' list for a rally weekend bearing in mind I have nothing more than a 45ltr top box. Any tips for packing a bike safely wouldn't go amiss either as i've never carried more than a pound of sausages and a pint of milk

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 09/07/2009 13:21  

spare clothes and a towel wud be your best bet, for after you have being initiated

Update Reply
caz36 @ 09/07/2009 13:25  

dont know for blokes but wet wipes/baby wipes are an absolute must if yr a girlie

Update Reply
feistygirl @ 09/07/2009 13:26  

"I have nothing more than a 45ltr top box." Not sure you'll find that comfortable mate. I'd suggest you take a tent.

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 09/07/2009 13:36  

It's ok caz i'll be packing a 12" butchers knife for the initiation but the towel is now on my list. feisty i'm not so sure about the wet wipes (i won't ask what they're for) but if i need one i'll ask the nearest girlie I know it's a little early but I might try a camping night in a couple of weeks to get some practice in

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 09/07/2009 13:37  

*Not sure you'll find that comfortable mate. I'd suggest you take a tent.*

You'd be amazed at what I can get into Geoff

Where's best place to get bungie cords to fasten tent to bike by the way?

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 09/07/2009 13:39  

wet wipes is your 'squaddy shower' along with Lynx spray. 1) tent 2) sleeping bag 3) roll mat/air bed 4) spare set of clothes 5) pair of boots/trainers 6) loo roll 7) foldy up chair 8) if your adventurous - camping stove with kettle 9) mug 10) coffee/tea etc 11) toothbrush/paste 12 ) ALCOHOL! Ensuring weight is distributed evenly when packing the bike up is the main thing...get some throw over paniers (to me they are better than top boxes for camping...but then that's just my opinion).....gotta go - currently in a customer meeting....

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 09/07/2009 13:45  

RK.. its never too early to start camping.. some rallies start in January! lol don't forget:- doss bag airbed..or at least something to keep the chill off the ground spare socks/undies jeans t-shirts fleece or similar hat (specially if you're folically challenged, can get cold at night.. ive been told) smellies/toothbrush/toothpaste and wet wipes bog roll (take some off a roll and wind it round a flattened tube, saves space) towel trainers unless yr happy to walk about in yr boots and last but not least.. SUN CREAM!! ( hopefully) Thats the basics if your cooking.. u need cooking stuff too! lol

Update Reply
Karey @ 09/07/2009 13:47  

Thank you for pointing that out to him HFG.... what else would they be for????

Update Reply
feistygirl @ 09/07/2009 13:51  

Alternatively; 1) Spare set of clothes and trainers 2) Spend the night in a nice hotel lol!!! "Where's best place to get bungie cords to fasten tent to bike by the way?" A bungie cord shop. Or a bike or camping shop if you can't find one.

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 09/07/2009 13:51  

got mine off the market for a quid and theyre heavy duty ones!

Update Reply
Karey @ 09/07/2009 13:53  

money or vodka to bribe me and chunckichick to protect you from initiation ceremony

Update Reply
caz36 @ 09/07/2009 13:59  

chunkichick protect him.... ha.... hell will freeze over first.. whoo hoo my 100th post...

Update Reply
feistygirl @ 09/07/2009 14:05  

Homefirth,

I hope you're not telling me there's no showers on the site! What about toilets? We're not talking about dug outs are we lol

Googling hotels in Boroughbridge

caz, I drink vodka after a day on the beers so sorry but it's spoken for, rather take the beating and drink it mesell, mite swap you a small one for a wet wipe tho

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 09/07/2009 14:12  

she will do anything for vodka

Update Reply
caz36 @ 09/07/2009 14:12  

*she will do anything for vodka*

Well I can fit 45 litres in my top box if that's the local currency

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 09/07/2009 14:16  

that'll keep me and cc going dont no about wat u drinking and i sell wetwipes for more than a small vodka

Update Reply
caz36 @ 09/07/2009 14:21  

oi... she will do anything for vodka.!!!ahem u mean WE will do ALMOST anything lol as for the initiation...no amount of vodka will stop his initiation ceremony...and i am already planning now lmao RK as for packing the previous lists seem to cover the essentials tho might want to add a first aid kit!!!! (initiation cud get physical) lol

Update Reply
chunkichick @ 09/07/2009 16:31  

pmsl @ Caz and CC ... save some voddy for me!! another item on the list (tho this probs won't apply to RK..) A Camera!

Update Reply
Karey @ 09/07/2009 16:34  

gud 1 Kaz need the camera for video evidence lol i am sooooo lookin forward to this

Update Reply
chunkichick @ 09/07/2009 16:39  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email