MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Wales

Wales - Forums [Biker Match] Wales - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Wales

I notice Wales has been mentioned again (hfg!) and Napoleon (who probably knows the area better than me) mentioned working something out as well, so, I'm happy to help arrange this if people want me to. The questions are; whereabouts and for how long. North Wales, Snowdonia, Conwy, Porthmadog etc or Mid Wales, Aberystywth Shrewsbury corridor or South Wales, the Breckons. Will this be a one day thing or an overnighter? What do people think.

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 17/06/2009 22:55  

Oi! What about poor ol' West Wales? The Pembrokeshire Coast rocks... and the diving's not bad either... not sure how you'd carry the gear on bikes though

*legs it*

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 17/06/2009 22:58  

I just love Wales full stop!

Update Reply
bikerchick1966 @ 17/06/2009 23:22  

do the conwy tunnels there a must geoff !

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/06/2009 23:29  

Not bothered where bud,think Richard maybe had some roads in mind. Think an overnighter tho,Ride over and see a bit sat,sat nite pub with rooms+camping if poss,(keep evreyone happy)bit more sightseeing then home sun?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/06/2009 23:33  

My stepbrother lives in Carmarthen If thats any help

Update Reply
Emzed @ 17/06/2009 23:36  

Hello,my name is Cassie and i'm welshist I have an Uncle and cousins in Cardiff

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/06/2009 23:42  

Has he got a big garden for camping Em

Update Reply
fastjock @ 17/06/2009 23:43  

i like the sheep !!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/06/2009 23:44  

Yes mate Its called Wales

Update Reply
Emzed @ 17/06/2009 23:46  

N Wales for me. Could see Portmeirion where they made 'The Prisoner'. Trip round Anglesey, maybe. Longest place name in Britain here. And an overnighter fer the evening banter in a pub - plus the odd sherbet!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/06/2009 23:48  

See Newbie from Wales thread guys

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/06/2009 23:49  

I'm qualified to play football for Wales, but they're not that desperate, yet.
I'm also qualified to play for England and Argentina, so I reckon I'll just have to sit back and wait for the offers to come in. Well, one lives in hope!
Yeah, rideouts. Great idea. Just meet at the Ponderosa and go... Contrary to popular belief the heddlu (police) are pretty matey, but they're under orders from above.

Update Reply
Wills @ 17/06/2009 23:54  

Hello,my name is Cassie and i'm welshist Come Friday night at the Farmyard - u will be!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/06/2009 00:01  

Bloody hope so

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/06/2009 00:03  

Keep outa the KNIFE drawer XK You'll cut yersen 4 sure

Update Reply
Emzed @ 18/06/2009 00:04  

I have a mate who runs a biker orientated B&B in Dolgellau called the bikers retreat. Not that cheap (£39p/p and a minimum stay of 2 nights in summer) but it is good. Undercover parking, full set of tools if needed, chain lube etc. He (Nigel) aims it towards mountain bikers in winter and bikers in summer. Both him and his missus ride bikes and he can lead a local rideout if people want (and if they can keep up!). Even if we don't do it for this event, anyone looking at spending a few days in Wales should google it.

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 18/06/2009 08:13  

Geoff, I would be keen to join in. I have a route from Chester to Elan Valley( mid Wales ) Run time 2hrs 30 mins. Quite possible then to do Portmerion afterthat but I would then think it would be best to stay close to there for the night and then do Anglesey the next day. Trip around Anglesey and then back over the moors , to Ponderossa and then back to leeds is a long trip, and will take all day.

Update Reply
napoleon @ 18/06/2009 12:25  

Hate full place full of scousers on plastic fantastics.

Update Reply
Phil @ 18/06/2009 13:13  

I'd be up for that Napoleon. I know that area well also. Indeed I could lead a group from the Pontefract area over there. After that I am perfectly happy to hand over to you lol!

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 18/06/2009 14:08  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email