MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

NHS Organ Donor Register

NHS Organ Donor Register - Forums [Biker Match] NHS Organ Donor Register - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

NHS Organ Donor Register

Afternoon all. A posting that I made earlier put my mind into a bit of a spin, as those that know me well will know that my Brother is is hospital currently awaiting a transplant. As Bikers, with blind car drivers around, we're probably some of the most vulnerable people on the roads today. Are you registered with the national organ donor register (sorry, don't know if this applies in Scotland, Wales or Ireland). If your conscience, religious beliefs, and close family members don't object to transplants following your death, then please consider registering. Carrying a "card" isn't enough these days. For those wishing to register, please visit :http://www.uktransplant.org.uk/ukt/default.jsp Thanks, Ian

Update Reply
Bandit_Mr_P @ 04/06/2009 13:59  

A timely reminder Ian. It's one of those things I keep meaning to do but never get round to. Ask me tomorrow if I've done it.

Update Reply
Roachy @ 04/06/2009 20:38  

I've been on the register for years, I'll probably be more use for research than transplant.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 04/06/2009 20:55  

Carried the card since I was 17,went on the register when they started the scheme,stuffs no good to me when I,m gone but if it helps save/prolong or improve the quality of someone else,s life then they are welcome to it....and I,ll be doing the 3k Santa Jog around Salford Quays again this Dec so I,ll be knocking on a few doors for sponsorship soon as I,ve got a bike up & running again(raised £205 last time it,s for British Heart Foundation)

Update Reply
old red @ 04/06/2009 20:56  

I have been on the register for years & my kids made the choice that they would when they were very young. I would ask even if you carry a card... register, what happens if your wallet/purse cannot be found ... I dont carry a full purse when out with Mr P just as much as I need, or if your family god forbid cannot make it in time? If your on the register then this can be checked with the hospital, also if your family say no, the hospital will have the grounds if your registered to say 'well actually this is what they wanted' & if need be carry out your wishes & not that of someone else.

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 04/06/2009 21:18  

bin on the register for years, but updated my details just in case, good idea Ian promotion of the register is always a good thing in my book.

Update Reply
chunkichick @ 04/06/2009 21:46  

I've always carried the card, but like shell says, i dont carry my purse when on a rideout. So i've registered

Update Reply
darkcarnival @ 04/06/2009 21:46  

Same here, carried the card as soon as I was old enough. Have just registered too. Quick reminder tho' peeps! Always remember to tell your family that you've registered please.

Update Reply
Di @ 04/06/2009 22:20  

I too carried a card for years and supported the adoption of the "opt out" scheme.
I have now registered
On a lighter note
I intend to thoroughly wear everything out
But if there's owt left thats any use to anyone when I'm done with it they are welcome to it

Update Reply
Emzed @ 04/06/2009 22:25  

A timely reminder, just realised I hadn't updated next of kin details since becoming single.

Update Reply
prof @ 04/06/2009 22:44  

Hey Rachel ... did you remember ??

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 05/06/2009 16:59  

I did Shell, I did it straight after posting as I knew if I didn't I'd forget again. Just need to inform my family now so in the event of anything happening it's not a shock to them.

Update Reply
Roachy @ 05/06/2009 18:03  

YAY

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 05/06/2009 18:48  

signed up.............

Update Reply
drobess @ 05/06/2009 19:35  

signed up.............

Update Reply
drobess @ 05/06/2009 19:35  

Never been religious, so I've never thought that I'd need my various bits and pieces when I pop my clogs (although I'd be fairly surprised to find that anyone else wants them!) As such carried a card for years until the register was available online at which time I registered.

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 05/06/2009 22:21  

I'm all for this..even my girls are signed up....

My little sister has had kidney disease for years...and I have seen other people I know have transplants...so its amazing what life can be given from someone else's sad demise....unfortunately I couldn't donate any of Barry's organs as he had been dead sometime before I found him..Such a shame cos someone so ill could be given a lease of life....

Update Reply
bikerchick1966 @ 06/06/2009 20:57  

Its great to see how many have registered or made sure details been updated,

Thanks all xxx

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 07/06/2009 23:14  

Dont think I can, had glandular fever when I was 14, . Is that right, no donating blood, organs, etc?

Update Reply
Newkid @ 08/06/2009 20:56  

You can donate organs...not blood for some years if my facts are right!

Update Reply
bikerchick1966 @ 08/06/2009 21:44  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email