MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

NHS Organ Donor Register

NHS Organ Donor Register (5) - Forums [Biker Match] NHS Organ Donor Register (5) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

NHS Organ Donor Register

Like Mr_Ps brother waiting for transplant and the need for donors here is an article my friend with CF wrote in http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/news/8271768.Brad...an_donors/ Hope this helps understand why the need for donors Adz

Update Reply
ace_morgan @ 01/08/2010 03:34  

Thanks Adam great article

Fingers are crossed for you we know it's a long hard road to go down with the waiting that's done, the thing is that it does not matter how long you have been on the transplant list or top of it cos your so ill...with lungs, If they are the wrong tissue type ... Too big ... Only 1 is good etc etc then they will go to someone else, or no one :-(

It's a good reason to stop smoking too if you are a donor just think. You could help someone out ...your tissue match size etc us perfect, However your lungs have been so damaged by smoking that they are no good !

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 01/08/2010 04:56  

Me thinks its time for another Shameless bump

We have lots of newbies lately that I would like to see this

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 15/10/2010 00:56  

Hi, Sorry to seem stupid, but as well as registering, where can i find the donor card to carry around? Nigel

Update Reply
retrofan @ 15/10/2010 11:00  

Hi retro ... When you register they will send you a card out to carry on you :-)

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 15/10/2010 12:55  

Thanks for that info, all sorted and registered.

Update Reply
retrofan @ 15/10/2010 21:39  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email