MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle News

uSwitch New Bike Insurance Website

uSwitch New Bike Insurance Website - Forums [Biker Match] uSwitch New Bike Insurance Website - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle News /

uSwitch New Bike Insurance Website

uSwitch, the online price comparison website, has recently launched a price-checking facility. The company say they guarantee to beat any like-for-like bike insurance quote, as long as you are aged over 19, a permanent resident in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:country-region w:st="on">England</st1:country-region>, <st1:country-region w:st="on">Wales</st1:country-region> or <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Scotland</st1:place></st1:country-region> and your current quote is over £75.00 and generated online. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p> USwitch are also offering: <o:p></o:p> Free legal cover with every quoteSpecial moped and scooter offersAll levels of cover displayed<o:p></o:p> Call for free on 0800 089 0623 or go to uswitch. com/bike-insurance for an online price

Update Reply
Sandi @ 18/03/2009 10:26  

nice one kwak

Update Reply
meza95 @ 18/03/2009 11:35  

was paying £143 last year with an additional rider and pillion cover on the insurance. Cheked out this site and was quoted £73-20. Nice one Kwak.

Update Reply
SP @ 18/03/2009 18:09  

My pleasure lads, I only hope there aren't any 'catches' if/ when you need to claim. (don't shoot the messenger tho eh? lol)

Update Reply
Sandi @ 19/03/2009 08:52  

I used this thanks Kwak for Mini V...and then the companies rang me competing for my business..so I got a very good deal considering its my first bike at the tender age of 42!!! The insurance company Ive gone with has even taken my driving history into consideration...(flawless I may hasten to add!) and after the first year on a bike they are going to give me not 1yrs no claims but 5!!!

Update Reply
bikerchick1966 @ 30/05/2009 22:35  

Now I'm sick as a parrot lol I haven't ridden a bike for 3 yrs, not since I sold my Honda, and when I did have the bike I had about 3 or 4 yrs NCB. No chance of getting that now as I'll never ride me own bike again (it's a money thing) It's a pity we can't pass our NCB on

Update Reply
Sandi @ 30/05/2009 22:59  

Thanks for bringing this back up I missed it last time and with getting a new bike it will be useful

Update Reply
Cruiser gal @ 30/05/2009 23:03  

have just had a quote for the slug, £82 about the same as last yr they say prices have gone up, is that right has anyone else got any thoughts on this? thought a yrs no claims would make some difference

Update Reply
julie j @ 03/06/2009 12:33  

I was on the site yesterday for a quote and got a rude surprise ...386-00 for the daytona ! is this about right for a 900 triple ? my licence dates back to 1984 and i have no claims on record for motorbike or car accidents , can anyone offer advice ?

Update Reply
excalibur @ 04/06/2009 23:23  

try bike insurer.................i got a qoute for my gsx1400...and a blackbird...both very good

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/06/2009 23:25  

Thanx , will check it out tomorrow Ianhg ...i thought it was a bit out of line as there's still the car and some household items to cover as well .

Update Reply
excalibur @ 04/06/2009 23:36  

try em...you wil be well chuffed...when i got a quote for my blackbird i am getting on sat..i got a quote for 135.00 quid....which i thought was pretty good

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/06/2009 23:40  

almost a third of what i was quoted , do you have more contact details ..e-mail address or website

Update Reply
excalibur @ 04/06/2009 23:45  

bikeinsurer.com i think......there sponsors of the bsb but out bikeinsurer on a google search and it comes up

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/06/2009 23:50  

Try Footman James they are a broker but VERY good, I'm insured with them on my bike and they quoted me on the Hearse when I'd already tried the on line comparison sites and got no where as my reg did not bring up a match. Bare in mind I was insured via them when my 750 was binned by a silly b1tch (ok not my fault but we all know when it comes to re newal that they fudge the insurance cost a little as you've made a claim plus I called out the recovery last winter too) I'm fully comp including 3rd party only on the trailer when I'm using it £119 with 4 protected years ncb

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 04/06/2009 23:55  

nice one hull750....now you have 2 to try exc...i will try hulls too

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/06/2009 23:58  

Thank you both , Ian and Hull for the info. this is a priority and i'll get onto it and report back as it might help other bm'ers

Update Reply
excalibur @ 05/06/2009 08:12  

anytime exc...and thanks to kwaks too...this is what the sites about....brilliant !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/06/2009 08:22  

ebike insurance quoted me a lot less (when I had a bike) than I had previously paid with another company. ebike are an on-line insurance company only, no offices to visit.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 05/06/2009 21:22  

Will check them out too kwak and thanx for the help guy's , being the new kid on the block means i have a lot to learn

Update Reply
excalibur @ 05/06/2009 21:31  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email