MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle News

uSwitch New Bike Insurance Website

uSwitch New Bike Insurance Website (2) - Forums [Biker Match] uSwitch New Bike Insurance Website (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle News /

uSwitch New Bike Insurance Website

Not as much as you think Em

Update Reply
Emzed @ 06/06/2009 02:33  

le me know how ya get on exc, i am swapping my bike this morning all being well, so will be interesting how ya get on....good luck

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/06/2009 06:38  

hiya Ian and Hull750 , i browsed various car/bike insurers and can honestly advise that "FOOTMAN JAMES" gave me the best quote at the time , so my business went to them (thank you H750 )the bike being 200-00 less than the next best option ..so it just follows that i insured the car with them as well!even the excess on both items and general cover is better than on other quotes received.so once again a big THANK YOU to BM subscribers.

Update Reply
excalibur @ 09/06/2009 06:04  

nice one exc, when the blackbirds ins is due i will defo try them

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/06/2009 06:07  

yeah ,the bikes covered now and Em's expecting me early to fetch it ...so i'm on my way and feeling a bit excited at the short ride , got to leave early to avoid traffic snarlups .

Update Reply
excalibur @ 09/06/2009 06:17  

ride safe

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/06/2009 06:26  

The problem that I have with price comparison web sites for motorcycle insurance is that I have four bikes that I want covered with each one having been modified to a greater or lesser extent. Although most of the mods aren't performance enhancing, I always feel it best to declare everything since I have a cynical view of insurance companies looking for an excuse not to pay out if the worst happens. There's not really a proper facility to list the departures from manufacturers' specs or the security measures and I need to be able to e-mail a list of everything that's non-standard. So, when I was due for renewal in March, I phoned around since I was not pleased with an unexplained increased premium from my existing broker, Carole Nash. Unfortunately, the only broker who came back to me with a competitive quote was Swinton Bikes and they have been totally useless ever since. I'll post details in the Random Rant thread but in the interim, I shall bear in mind Footman James and include them when my insurance is due next year. I certainly don't propose to stay with the current shower. From my experience, I recommend you avoid Swinton Bikes like the plague.

BTW, maybe this warrants a PM but I gather from the posts that Excalibur has a 955i Daytona. I am getting seriously p***ed off with my Falco and am seriously considering the Triumph if I can unload the Aprilia. Is there anything I should know about them that the motorcycle press doesn't publish?

Update Reply
Cataraptor @ 11/06/2009 17:38  

Its a daytona 900 (885) 1993 model which i just bought for a reasonable price off e-bay sight unseen , must say i'm glad to have 2 wheels and she handles well , apart from this i'm positive the new models are excellent having seen them and listened to owners at the York Triumph dealership ! too expensive for me now though to even consider a new one .

Update Reply
excalibur @ 11/06/2009 19:10  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email