MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Matlock bath meet sunday 12th or the 19th April?

Matlock bath meet sunday 12th or the 19th April? (6) - Forums [Biker Match] Matlock bath meet sunday 12th or the 19th April? (6) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Matlock bath meet sunday 12th or the 19th April?

you messy pup lol

Update Reply
Sandi @ 23/04/2009 08:30  

I'm so glad I did'nt come to this meet. You all sound like a bunch of scatterbrained ruffians!..... Oh hang on....I did! pmsl

Update Reply
ghosthunter @ 23/04/2009 08:46  

Once again brings up the possibility of bm t.shirts,what happened with them matt?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/04/2009 10:35  

Sod BM t-shirts, we want BM beards!

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 23/04/2009 10:47  

Another online group I sometimes meet up with always have an A-Z with a bondage bear sitting on it on their table... newbies can easily recognise the group that way.

It used to be just an A-Z but occasionally you get "innocent" folk sat there with an A-Z in front of them, so the bondage bear stops that confusion

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 23/04/2009 10:52  

dare I ask?

Update Reply
ghosthunter @ 23/04/2009 12:18  

You can ask

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 23/04/2009 12:56  

na stick 2 the beards thing wud b a lot more fun lol

Update Reply
triker100 @ 23/04/2009 13:39  

damn,,does that mean i gotta stop waxin mi chin?

Update Reply
Karey @ 23/04/2009 14:31  

Hell no Kaz! Let it grow long & lush!

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 23/04/2009 14:34  

I was going to meet up with a mate I made via ebay at an Ale Festival some time ago... Having not seen a photo of him, I asked how I'd recognise him... I got "I'll be the beardy bloke, drinking a pint" in response

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 23/04/2009 14:37  

hmmmm that cudda been anyone of us then Lou? Ok.... will stop waxing..shud have a ZZ Top stylee by the height of summer !

Update Reply
Karey @ 23/04/2009 14:55  

Kinda fits the description of the vast majority of folk attending an ale festival eh? I had visions of myself bounding up to every single bloke asking "Hey! Are you Prod?" and being greeted with puzzled silences...

So I made him come and find me... I said "I bet I'll be the only 39 year old woman there with a red n glittery black Capn Jack Sparrow bag"... and I was

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 23/04/2009 15:00  

God dammit, WB, you've been deceiving me. Told me at your last birthday you were just 29!! Admittedly for the 12th time

Update Reply
Wills @ 23/04/2009 15:30  

*curses*

Some old woman's hacked into my account today! I am, of course, as you rightly point out, a mere 29 years of age Wills.

*looks round... yep... reckon I've got away with that one*

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 23/04/2009 17:01  

That camera lens does extend somewhat!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/04/2009 17:02  

so what is happening about this bm t shirt or patch even...something that we can all instantly recognise. every meet i go to i end up askin Karey who he, whos she, are they one of us? i think Karey was somehow appointed unofficial meeter n greeter lol. be gud to get something to stop situations like poor born to be biker happenin again, coz we are friendly really we are.

Update Reply
chunkichick @ 23/04/2009 20:05  

Karey was appointed meeter n greeter cos she's bin around a bit.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/04/2009 20:11  

oi !! XK !! im watching thee laddy!!! lol @ Debs.... i dont mind bein the meeter/greeter, but I agree we should have some kinda badge/symbol/mascot type thingy that everyone can recognise. I reet like WB's idea of something that can be associated with us, rather than a t-shirt, which some ppl might not want to buy, let alone wear?!.. orrrrrrr what about silly hats/bandanas/neck tubes?? lol

Update Reply
Karey @ 23/04/2009 20:23  

Or maybe just some large sign saying BikerMatch plonked on a table, with a couple of the BM folk nearby.
It's been a bit of a problem with just about every club I've been a member of, people who know each other tending to talk among themselves and forgetting there are others who are first timers and maybe a bit backward in coming forward.
As for the T-shirts, good idea, you don't have to have everyone dressed alike, just three or four people who'll make the time to greet newcomers. A supply of large sticky labels and a felt tip pen has done the trick in the past.
Tip, put the labels on people's backs! Reading everyone's back and then going round the front soon breaks the ice.

Update Reply
Wills @ 23/04/2009 20:33  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email