MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Matlock bath meet sunday 12th or the 19th April?

Matlock bath meet sunday 12th or the 19th April? (5) - Forums [Biker Match] Matlock bath meet sunday 12th or the 19th April? (5) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Matlock bath meet sunday 12th or the 19th April?

"you didn't tell me we were supposed to turn right " No, you're right HFG, I didn't tell you we were supposed to turn right. But I was in the right hand lane, indicating right, Roachy was in the right hand lane, indicating right and Karey was in the right hand lane, indicating right when ..... Along comes little 'ol HFG ... in the left hand lane ... indicating left ... TURNING LEFT ... GOING LEFT!!!! ... WHERE'S SHE GOING!!!!!!!! ... SHE'S ONLY BLOOMING GOING LEFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 20/04/2009 23:49  

For those who might be interested, there is a trad marquee rally held nr Matlock on Oct 9 - 11th. Who's do is it? Excalibur MCC

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/04/2009 23:59  

That would probably be better with it's own thread XK

Update Reply
Sandi @ 21/04/2009 00:01  

Just ignore him Stella. When I saw you go left I thought "where's she off?" but then copped for the sign A6 - Matlock LEFT so then thought...."ooooh, where are we off?" I quite enjoyed flexing my muscles and blocking the way so Kaz could move over without hassle! Me thinks I'm turning into a bit of a thug though - I'd already chased after a car that overtook us and didn't give us a lot of room (despite being courteous and moving over for them) to give them what for!

Update Reply
Roachy @ 21/04/2009 00:06  

after readin bak, another meet at matlock wiv campin the nite b4 sounds a gud idea, i would be up 4 it, providin i can sort me daughter out..........oh and get a tent, sleepin bag etc

Update Reply
drobess @ 21/04/2009 00:44  

Me thinks I'm turning into a bit of a thug though -

Ooooh! You ruffty tuffty biker bird, you! Go Roachy!

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 21/04/2009 00:52  

thanks RC for arranging a great day out...good to meet you all old n new. had a bit of an accident on me way home from pinks(turnin bike round ..had to stop and somebody moved the road from under me foot LOL)..Ddropped the damm thing!!!...bikes ok thank god but pulled the muscle in me leg tryin to save it hehe..stuck up in manchester as cant ride at the minute LOL Joys of bikin eh!!!

Update Reply
meza95 @ 21/04/2009 07:15  

So long as the bike's ok, that's the main thing.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/04/2009 09:20  

Done the same thing meself meza on a wkend to Oban 2 yrs ago TWICE, I let the bike fall on me but just pride was hurt as my so called riding mates couldnt help me through laughing, and I'm going to the same place this sept with them.... Hope youre back on bike soon mate!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/04/2009 09:27  

ya right there XK...only cost me 3.20 for pain killers for my leg LOL

Update Reply
meza95 @ 21/04/2009 09:45  

Hi, I have a caravan not far from Matlock Bath that I go to at weekends and have put a post on here before saying it is an excellant site for a meet or a rally with a run out from there to MB. The landlord only charges £2 per head camping per night and the pub serves till you stop drnking and they have guiness and ales and good food and even do brekkie and for those that dont camp has a couple of rooms too, caravans are only £4.50 per night, hot clean showers on site - check out miners standard - winster on search engines you will find details. Lynn x

Update Reply
purplecrest @ 22/04/2009 18:54  

By the way, I know my photos need updating but I did come down to the meet and sit about but not a single person spoke to me all afternoon and I was too shy to speak, so maybe in future at meets if you see some sad lonely people sitting around it may be worth checking out if they have actually come to the BM meet! I was the one with Purple hair if anyone noticed me, stayed from 1 till 3 then gave up! Lynn x

Update Reply
purplecrest @ 22/04/2009 18:57  

Lynn really sorry you got ignored, I am not usually like that, I even smiled at Peter as he walked pasted with out a clue he was off bikermatch but just in case he was. I honestly don't remember seeing anyone with purple hair, please please please pm me next time and we can arrange to meet up. If you want to meet up local sometime so you will at least know one person I am not far from Swad so let me know. I am always weary of going up to and talking to people thinking they are part of the group meeting up, I once did this for 45mins only to find out they were a couple just in the pub for a quiet drink. I will check that pub out as I am thinking of taking my caravan for a break somewhere soon.

Update Reply
Cruiser gal @ 22/04/2009 19:07  

Hi born to be a biker, sorry to hear that nobody spoke to you, you should've made yourself known, I'm sure you would have got a warm welcome I have been to quite a few meets and gone up to strangers asking if they are with BM.. only to be given strange looks as they have no idea what I'm on about..happened to me a couple of weeks ago at The Sun Inn. I felt a reet idiot as i was met with a blank face and 'Whats BM? Nooo i don't think so luv' so... that kinda put me off approaching random ppl lol Next time.. make yasen known lass...if you recognise anyone, just introduce yasen. We wint bite...well most wint the others mite if u ask nicely Good info about the campsite too.. thanks for that

Update Reply
Karey @ 22/04/2009 19:15  

hiya ppl thanks for a nice warm welcome at my 1st bm meet (wont b my last) was nice to put sum faces 2 names, karey did u c any1 with red hair lol no cos i kept it coverd lol, but i no wat ya mean lynn i walked up nd down a couple of times b4 goin into jc,s 4 a bacon sarni nd pot of tea came out lent on the waste bin nd hay presto stardom at last sum1 reconised me (thanks puds) c u all at the next meet if not b4 hopefully 4 a bit longer next time cheers mick xxx

Update Reply
triker100 @ 23/04/2009 00:52  

hahah mick, nope dint see your red hair...but did recognise the beard! lol

Update Reply
Karey @ 23/04/2009 07:05  

Aha! Problem solved for future meet recognition purposes - we all wear beards!

*starts false beard selling shop on ebay a la 'Life of Brian' stylee*

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 23/04/2009 07:48  

lol @ WB... bagsy the long mutlicoloured one wiv plaits & beads!

Update Reply
Karey @ 23/04/2009 08:06  

Kaz that matches my eyebrows

Update Reply
Sandi @ 23/04/2009 08:09  

cheers Kwak * coffee/monitor moment*

Update Reply
Karey @ 23/04/2009 08:15  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email