MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Snow

Snow (4) - Forums [Biker Match] Snow (4) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Snow

Phone them up and complain TTM. Not a case of not being arsed,more a case of not able to grit every single road in the country cos we'll still be doing it in the summer. Only main routes get done in this weather as small roads don't keep the traffic flowing so much. But feel free to have a go at the gritter drivers,every other f***er does.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/02/2009 15:44  

The gritters round here are fantastic they drive past my window same time every day, bout 6.00 pm i think!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/02/2009 16:07  

are the driver's poppin for morning tea?

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 02/02/2009 16:11  

Ricdude, if you were a girlie I'd give you a great big hug. But you'll have to make do with a manly slap on the back.
It's always been the way of the world that the poor bloody infantry get the blame for the failing of some chinless wonder higher up the feeding chain. Probably always will be.

Update Reply
Wills @ 02/02/2009 16:55  

I was impressed with the BBC this morning when I was trying to thaw my fingers out after digging. Twenty minutes of how bad it is in London followed by "it also snowed in the North of England"

Update Reply
prof @ 02/02/2009 17:03  

Much appreciated Wills. Yes a manly slap, on the back will be ok. Due to our know it all supervisors we're not out all night. Don't ask me why and they wonder why there is so much on the ground. I'm due to start tonight at 8pm. The others stopping around now. Don't make sense to me.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/02/2009 17:04  

just watched Look North - extreme weather warning issued for West Yorkshire/Penines - over a foot of snow expected overnight plus high winds!!! If you don't hear from me for a while, it's prob because I've turned into a Snowman!

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 02/02/2009 18:48  

Did it become a Major Snow Event because London got a little bit more than normal Heard someone ring in on the radio earlier and say the Last Major Snow Event they heard of was the Winter Olympics Watchin the news earlier They had an expert from the RAC telling people how to drive and what they needed to put in there car. And they say we are not dumbing down even 4 yearolds know put on big coat hat gloves and go throw snowballs

Update Reply
micksaway @ 02/02/2009 19:16  

whose gonna stick a carrot in you? hg that is not you mick[although you might like the idea]

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 02/02/2009 19:16  

Seen that Stella, on Calendar....hope you've got plenty of supplies..mite be a while b4 we can dig u out ..Hannah Hauxwell comes to mind...lol Finally got let home abart 3pm.. been told we gotta be in work first thing..but the students have been told its closed untill 12 noon..until a decision can be made...fkn marvellous! Still snowin heavy here...cant see me attempting the journey in the morning.. gonna be like an ice rink! TC..the webcam wuddent have bothered her...and the 3" Definately wouldn't have impressed her. Ric.. have a big from me. I wouldn't have got home tonight if it haddent been for you guys, most of us do appreciate what u do

Update Reply
Karey @ 02/02/2009 19:21  

hey Ricdude the Kirklees guys are brilliant, they're used to bad conditions round here so are usually on top of it.No complaints from me about them & big for you aswell. TM - have told ya before the FFS girls are coming your way!! be warned!! Kaz, lol @ Hannah Hauxwell - got loads of paper etc to burn or stick down me clothes in case the power goes off...haven't got any cats though!! Would have thought TC's 3" would have grown by now - you know what guys are like - exageration etc!

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 02/02/2009 19:44  

RicDude...yer hugs are stackin up....lol.......wouldnt get off the estate I live on if it wasnt for u guys....(hill down to a main road)....so the gritter much appreciated here... Hope everyones keepin safe n warm...had a few inches here but the sky looks really strange....so guessin might be worse tomorrow....

Update Reply
Catey67 @ 02/02/2009 20:59  

Well, after a very nice weekend at Epsom Downs racecourse, we woke up this morning to a good eight to ten inches (take that TC lol). It took us nine hours to get back up to t'north and over two hours of that was the six mile journey to the M25!! It took us half an hour just to turn the car round in the hotel car park lol!

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 02/02/2009 21:35  

oooh Geoff.. 1/2 hour in the car park?!? and they talk about women !! sheesh ! Well ive managed to get in to work..took me almost an hour to do a 10-15 min journey.. the roads are like sheets of ice. Be careful out there.. tek care.

Update Reply
Karey @ 03/02/2009 09:16  

Stuck at home, it's only a hundred yards to the main road but it's nearly 50ft higher than my house. Two hours of digging, swearing and pushing this morning before giving up. At least with the wonders of the internet age I can work from home but my employers really don't like it.

Update Reply
prof @ 03/02/2009 09:44  

Yes Kaz, I was never that good at reversing. Or at least not that good at reversing through snow deeper than the car lol!

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 03/02/2009 10:26  

tut ... excuses excuses

Update Reply
Karey @ 03/02/2009 11:04  

tea on the patio again!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 03/02/2009 12:39  

**pootle pootle pootle** that's the sound of the FFS girls on their way to yours TM!

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 03/02/2009 14:05  

heheh... yeh... Stella.. whats the ETA?

Update Reply
Karey @ 03/02/2009 15:06  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email