MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Snow

Snow - Forums [Biker Match] Snow - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Snow

We've had sleet and snow flurries on and off all day...but now its settling..hmmmm methinks snowshoes and chains ont tyres mite be in order tomorra..... Has anyone else got snow? ... hope its only gonna last a day..then it can bugga off and make way for spring!!!

Update Reply
Karey @ 01/02/2009 18:52  

T'is white over here...and bloody freezin..... Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Update Reply
Catey67 @ 01/02/2009 18:56  

No snow here....yet

Update Reply
Wills @ 01/02/2009 19:03  

forecast is that there's likely to be plenty of snow overnight & be really bad going over Monday into Tuesday. Countryfile weather this am said that there's promise of up to 30cm over the tops of the penines!!!!! eeeek!! & the rest of the week isn't looking too good! they reckon it may not be till next week that it starts clearing off!

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 01/02/2009 19:05  

ohh fek... cheers Stella ..lol just hope it dont stay longer than a week then lol

Update Reply
Karey @ 01/02/2009 19:12  

Well, we're at Epsom and it would be a terrible shame if we couldn't get back tomorrow and therefore couldn't get to work on Tuesday!!

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 01/02/2009 19:47  

Yep heavy snow forcast here too, thatl be the school closed and a snowmen army in the garden again!

Update Reply
fairy0.69 @ 01/02/2009 19:51  

hi wills were have u been today ? it was doing its best to snow whilst i was out working (groan) at about 12 30, and u dont live that far from me in L19 do u?

Update Reply
whiteairedfox @ 01/02/2009 20:05  

snow flurries all afternoon in Manc started to stick aout 5,ish, just looked out now an it,s all clear just hope it stays that way! bloody Russians can keep their snow.

Update Reply
old red @ 01/02/2009 20:33  

Yeah, it's tried today but never got started. Brodie ave quite clear now.

Update Reply
Wills @ 01/02/2009 20:37  

well it's coming down thick & fast here now!!

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 01/02/2009 20:38  

probably on it,s way over here again then..they did promise us Sunday P.M & into Monday...suppose this afternoon was a practice run!

Update Reply
old red @ 01/02/2009 20:46  

Yep - plenty thanks... we've just done BikerMatch Dances On Ice in Ventrider's car on the way home from Avebury ;o)

Thank goodness I decided I needed to be a car passenger rather than a pillion passenger today - ye gads...

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 01/02/2009 23:20  

Big blanket of white stuff here as well now. At least it covers me car so no-one can see it lol

Update Reply
Blueboy955i @ 02/02/2009 00:58  

3-4" here this morning.. M1 down to 30mph in places.. 3 local schools closed already... more heavy snow expected this aft.... oooooh deep joy.. great when u can get out n play.. crap when u gotta struggle to get to work.. Drive, (or if yr really brave), ride safe everyone xx

Update Reply
Karey @ 02/02/2009 07:12  

well we've got about 3 inches this am - & it's still coming down & there's promise of a LOT more this way today & overnight into tomorrow. Luckliy (or not - am not sure which!!!) I can work from home....completely unable to get the car out the close anyway!!

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 02/02/2009 07:58  

ooooh Stella.. yeh i wuddent want to attempt to get a car off yr drive.. let alone a bike in good dry conditions! lol Well got to work ok ..(only abart 4 miles for me), most main roads are clear... but side roads treacherous.. more schools closing as i type. Snowing again.. more forecast for this afternoon... I will be very annoyed if we get stranded at work!!! they shudda closed the place and told us to stay at home

Update Reply
Karey @ 02/02/2009 08:17  

Woke up to the glorious sight of 3 inches this morning! Unfortunately very little snow on the ground though...

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 02/02/2009 08:52  

Ah the joys of telecommuting, I am working at home today as I can't get car off the drive and even if I could I would be lucky to make it to the office for lunchtime. I have already had three people ring to ask if I will be going in and officially I don't start until 9:00. I think they are afraid I'm sat at home enjoying myself.

Update Reply
prof @ 02/02/2009 09:02  

lol @ TC... 3" you say? it must be cold up yr end I wish i could work from home.. sat here in the office.. phones are manic.. still snowing..and its cold in here .. I want to go home........

Update Reply
Karey @ 02/02/2009 09:09  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email