MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Snow

Snow (7) - Forums [Biker Match] Snow (7) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Snow

-10 static air temperature at 8am this morning, now risen to -8 but a beautiful blue sky out there. The roads are nice and dry too...... Unfortunately the steep private road out of my house is like a bobsled track

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 10/02/2009 11:29  

It was only -1 here this morning but the bottom of the avenue sheet ice while the top was dry tarmac. I was treated to the sight of a bin wagon sliding past my window to park halfway down my neighbours drive. I shouldn't have smiled at this as when I attempted to walk up the avenue I got a severely bruised dignity along with the bruised behind.

Update Reply
prof @ 10/02/2009 22:27  

.. soz prof the vision will stay with me for a long time!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/02/2009 23:31  

GRRRRRRRR SNOWING AGAIN!!!!! arrrrghhhh

Update Reply
Karey @ 11/02/2009 11:37  

littlechick, the bruises or the bin wagon?

Update Reply
prof @ 11/02/2009 14:39  

oh the bin wagon of course . There is nothing funny about you falling a... over t.t in the snow now is there!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/02/2009 17:36  

2" of fresh snow this morning so far and now in a complete whiteout... woo hoo!

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 12/02/2009 09:16  

oooh TC... I'm expecting an impressive snow sculpture then! * Why do i ALWAYS type snot instead of snow??* No snow here, yet..but very very cold and snow forecast this afternoon!

Update Reply
Karey @ 12/02/2009 09:20  

yeah - I'm looking forward to the next load of snow here aswell....NOT

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 12/02/2009 10:25  

*throws snowball at Hfg* Will see what I can do, Karey... Just drove my car down the Cresta Run into town to get my groceries...waaaaayy too much fun!! (and had to use snow clamps to get me back up the last bit to my house!) Not a black bit of tarmac to be seen....

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 12/02/2009 10:59  

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr SNOWING HERE !!!!!!! (Look out Stella, it's on it's way!) TC.... thats the difference between here and there, - you get snow..Wayyyyyyyy Heyyyyyyyyyyy!!! We get snow, - Panic!! public transport stops, motorists panic, people panic buy on groceries ( bloody hell, my work colleague just said "oooh i better call at Morrisons in my dinner hour and make sure ive got plenty in!! WTF?? lol) I wanna have snowball fights and go sledging and make snow angels, not be stuck in a blooming office

Update Reply
Karey @ 12/02/2009 11:06  

Yeah, I know.. (another reason why I moved up here!) When I was walking down the high street two rival building firms were having a snowball fight... well, I assumed they were from the two building vans parked there unless Health & Safety says you now have to wear HiVis vests, safety helmets and leather gloves to have a snowball fight....

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 12/02/2009 11:13  

**ducks TC's snowball** Usually I don't mind the snow (so long as you can play in it & not have to get to work!!) but this is now taking the pish!! mind you - bad winter usually equalls good summer?? & TC - don't joke about H&S - if they see what you've just wrote, they'll probably think it' a good idea!!! Kaz - don't want ya snow - have it back

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 12/02/2009 11:21  

DOH!! Sorry, Hfg - I didn't think it through.... I think this weather fully justifies the Governments action of taxing us to the hilt and making us feel guilty about (the myth of) rising carbon dioxide levels and their PREDICTION of Global Warming.... *throws six snowballs at Karey & Hfg*

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 12/02/2009 11:26  

Poor ol TC - his 3" has now gone down to just 2" - must be getting colder!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/02/2009 13:07  

I said 2" more..... ... and rising!

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 12/02/2009 13:27  

hey TC - Me & Kaz are on our way to get ya back with those 6 snowballs!!!.............it may take us a while to pootle up your way, but up your way we will come!!!...err...once we've been down to Weymouth to get TM!!...so maybe this time next year?

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 12/02/2009 14:15  

Next weeks forecast ......... the warmer weather cometh!!! Ok, I know we're not talking Caribbean here, but it could get into double figures!!!

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 12/02/2009 14:19  

The only double figures I like are 36, 28 and 34!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/02/2009 14:29  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email