MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Tufty Club ride out to the Paris Bike Show

Tufty Club ride out to the Paris Bike Show - Forums [Biker Match] Tufty Club ride out to the Paris Bike Show - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Tufty Club ride out to the Paris Bike Show

Following the success of the Tufty club tour of Milan, we are planing a run to the Paris show next year. Dates and venue to be confirmed. any one up for it??

Update Reply
Phil @ 12/11/2008 12:45  

Ooooh.... Gay Paris... one of my most favourite-est places in the Unipurse! Highly unlikely if I'm honest, but ya never know. My premium bonds could yet come up...

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 12/11/2008 13:12  

It's from October 1-8 2009. www (dot) mondial-deuxroues (dot) com and click on the union jack for a decent English version. I'll think about it. Would be fun to ride down, but realistically Easyjet from Liverpool would be better as I'm only two miles from t'airport.

Update Reply
Wills @ 12/11/2008 14:42  

OK I'm up for it, but this time we take a translator as well as Tufty!

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 13/11/2008 20:45  

"Planing a run" ....... who do you think you are Phil, the Policeman from Hello, Hello ...... lol

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 13/11/2008 22:30  

Translator? All you need is "Une bouteille de Pouilly-Fume, s'il vous plait."

When delivered you say "Merci beaucoup"

And on receipt of the bill you say "Combien???!!!" accompanied by a Gallic shrug.

Sorted :o)

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 13/11/2008 23:32  

If u fly from Humberside its 0nly 10min. down the road fo me

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 14/11/2008 00:41  

We have about 11 months to learn French. I have a couple of colleagues in the Red Cross who speak French. One of them is French so i can practice this time. It is about 500 miles from Liverpool to Paris and i would probably take the tunnel because one of the Tufty Cub members ind not good on ferries.

Update Reply
Phil @ 14/11/2008 13:16  

Which Tufty club member would that be then Phil? I love ferries, and it means that the northern contingent can ride down one day sleep on the ferry and then ride on the following day, saves on a hotel bill. But if we must chunnel then chunnel we will

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 15/11/2008 07:44  

Hull - Zeebrugge?? It's an excellent service if you can share a cabin, expensive otherwise. But it does mean those lucky enough to be within an hour of the docks (me!) can finish work early, then ride straight over to Hull. Spend the evening with friends watching some entertainment in the bar area, maybe even catch a film. Then go to bed and wake up the next day refreshed and within an hour of the French border.

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 15/11/2008 09:18  

Julie would kill me if i told you who doesn't like ferrires. I would opperaste a get yourself to here policy. everyone makes their own way to a point in france then we all plough on. Tha is what the Pan Caln do when they hit europe. I am easy either way. If the dirty northerners go vis zebrugger then we can pick Matt up on the way.

Update Reply
Phil @ 15/11/2008 12:07  

One might just take First Class Eurostar as one can take a leisurely stroll to Ebbsfleet from one's estate.

Jeeves can take one's luggage. ;o)

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 15/11/2008 13:11  

He's handy is that there Jeeves ain't he??

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 15/11/2008 13:16  

Most certainly Geoff. One is given to understand that Jeeves expects something known as a "salary", however.

Well one doesn't mind admitting, one is shocked! As if one would lower oneself to sully one's existence with the presence of "cash".

*shudders*

How dreadfully plebian!

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 15/11/2008 13:21  

Plebian! Good word use!

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 15/11/2008 13:27  

Do I get a house-point? :o)

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 15/11/2008 14:20  

Hull Zeebrugge is the only way 2 get 2 Europe, beats riding through crapy south of England

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 15/11/2008 23:29  

Any crappy parts in paticular geez...or just the south of England in general?

Update Reply
Triumph_Sy @ 17/11/2008 00:18  

Been to the south of england much have you bikeabill?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/11/2008 17:35  

Hey so what's up with the south then. Sure sooner take !!!! the tunnel then be stuck on a bloody ferry.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/11/2008 20:03  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email