MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Motocross Training Schools

Motocross Training Schools - Forums [Biker Match] Motocross Training Schools - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Motocross Training Schools

Following on from a conversation in Blitz's thread (Blitz (as in me) need some help and advice !! ) I thought I would start a new thread for people thinking about having some training. I suggested it might be good experience for people to feel a bike squirming around under them in safe conditions and learning how to control it. There are various schools around the country, but if people are a little shy or nervous it could always become a BM event...

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 04/09/2008 18:17  

TC... can CBT holders take part? or do u havta have a full licence?

Update Reply
Karey @ 04/09/2008 18:24  

Hey Karey! From what I have read you do not necessarily have to have any biking experience at all. They will teach you from first principles (i.e. people who have never even sat on a bike before). I have raced both mountain bikes and motocross and I would FAR prefer to fall off a motocross bike. In fact, in four years of moto-x racing I fell off many many times and the only real injury I received was when someone else ran over my ankle. With modern protective equipment and proper teaching you will be in a completely safe environment. Any spill will probably just result in a fit of giggles and a sudden desire to get back on and do it all over again....

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 04/09/2008 18:32  

Hey TC ! good to see u back btw ! Just rushin offta work...but that sounds brilliant !! i wud love a go at that! Will look more inta it later. Tek care x

Update Reply
Karey @ 05/09/2008 02:22  

"I suggested it might be good experience for people to feel a bike squirming around under them in safe conditions and learning how to control it." Their called women........not bikes! Oh Christ....I've gone and made myself all randy now.....

Update Reply
ghosthunter @ 05/09/2008 03:32  

yeah TC that a good idea, i kinda i wish that i had a dirty bike growing up, but at the time i was more into video games, well it never too late i know a few people with farms that i am sure will let me rip around on for the giggles. all i need now is the dirt bike as well. but yeah that a very good point that you make on this topic.

Update Reply
Blitz @ 05/09/2008 08:41  

lmao Ghosty!! havent felt any thing squirming for quite a while in safe or unsafe conditions so am really wanting to give it a go !

Update Reply
julie j @ 05/09/2008 09:02  

erm... are we still talking about motorbikes?? Either way, COUNT ME IN!!!

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 05/09/2008 09:28  

oooooh thats Five of us interested..... hope theyve got enuff mud !

Update Reply
Karey @ 05/09/2008 09:42  

so come on you lot hands up who wants to get down and dirty ?

Update Reply
julie j @ 05/09/2008 12:30  

*tentively raises hand * think there wont be a shortage o mud wiv this crappy weather were avin!!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 05/09/2008 12:47  

you gonna come and be official mud bath photographer ?

Update Reply
julie j @ 05/09/2008 12:52  

shall i bring sum wet wipes? lol

Update Reply
Karey @ 05/09/2008 12:54  

sure they will have on site hose pipe ... or jet wash for the very adventurous

Update Reply
julie j @ 05/09/2008 13:04  

check www.mxtryout.co.uk...don,t seem too bad ..i,m up for it

Update Reply
old red @ 05/09/2008 17:21  

I might have a ride down to the school at Knockhill this weekend some time, just to check it out.. sheesh - the things I do for you guys and gals.... If it is any good, then it is only half an hour away from Edinburgh airport or train station...

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 05/09/2008 17:31  

http://www.mxtryout.co.uk/dates.html In Doncaster and other places But I think that MX although quite fun may intimidate riders with limited experiance, if you want to learn skills that would come in useful to say ride off a wet camp site or gain better balance both in yourself and between throttle, brakes, and bikes clutch then riding a trials bike might give you more of what you need?? Not sure if there are as many schools/try out places for those but i'd be up for a ride on one lol.

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 05/09/2008 17:42  

Ah... memories of pootling around on a TY50 and then a Beamish Suzuki.... *sigh* Will search for Trials schools tomorrow when my eyes will actually stay open without the aid of matchsticks...

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 05/09/2008 17:47  

http://www.tricksinthesticks.co.uk/ Based in Kent unfortunately for us northerners lol (seams to teach loads of stuff there and claims to benifit all riders both road and track based) Still looking for a more central or even a 2nd more northern place!

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 05/09/2008 17:53  

used to have an xl125 when i was a teenager, only rode it on the queens highway and could only get one tippy toe ont the ground but oh i loved that bike!

Update Reply
julie j @ 05/09/2008 18:10  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email