MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Abergavenny

Abergavenny - Forums [Biker Match] Abergavenny - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Abergavenny

Does anyone on here go to Abergavenny cafe on a Sunday? There are loads of ppl there just wondering if any of you go there, as it would be good to meet some of you.

Update Reply
tagon @ 24/07/2008 07:28  

Pontefract to Abergavenny ...... 200 miles. Very sorry Tagon, maybe I'll make a weekend of it sometime.

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 24/07/2008 08:16  

Much the same here...150 miles along the scenic route and 175 miles (but probs quicker) by the motorways. I've done that run down the Welsh borders right to the caff in Abergavenny, where the National rally had a control point ione year. A really great ride down through Welshpool and Knighton, even thoigh I did end up as a witness after a Guzzi rider turned right at Hay on Wye and got t-boned by a Discovery. I often wonder about how much of a recovery he made - I wouldn't want to be the filling in the sandwich between two piece of heavy engineering like a Guzzi and a Disco, but he was talking coherently before the ambulance arrived. Whoops! Didn't mean to put such a damepener on the thread.

Update Reply
Wills @ 24/07/2008 08:52  

it's a same that you all live so far away, everyone i spoke to on here are so friendly it would had been good to meet, never mind maybe one day we may meet up somewhere.

Update Reply
tagon @ 24/07/2008 14:41  

Hi Tagon, Is the cafe every Sunday? Never been to it. Where abouts in Aber is it. Won't be able to make it this Sunday, but maybe next Sunday. SP

Update Reply
SP @ 10/08/2008 04:56  

Its a great cafe, I have been once when me and my cozin took a run down there over the brecon and a good round trip. We couldnt find it and then when we decided to turn around and head back to liverpool there it was lol

Anice cupp of coffee and great facilities (clean)

I would recommend it to anyone.

Update Reply
earthwind @ 10/08/2008 07:52  

Cool that sounds worth a look. I'm going in disguise though, too many sheep know me in Wales.

Update Reply
ghosthunter @ 10/08/2008 12:42  

better get some clothes on as well lmao

Update Reply
earthwind @ 10/08/2008 12:44  

lol earthwind, but there's been a few ppl who haven't found the cafe, i agree with you its very clean & the coffee is good, in the warm days there are loads of ppl there, you can wait for about 5 mins just to get a drink.

Update Reply
tagon @ 14/08/2008 07:28  

earthwind & ghosthunter, if you ever think of coming to Abergavenny please let me know then i can meet you there. ghosthunter, sheep have very short memories. lol

Update Reply
tagon @ 14/08/2008 07:31  

in the warm days there are loads of ppl there, you can wait for about 5 mins just to get a drink. Pah - Come to Fox's, get served by surly staff that look 12 and dress in far too little, wait forty-five minutes to an hour... and then realise how crap the food is!!! It used to be good, but has gone rapidly downhill of late. I might very well ride all the way to Aber-G, just to experience a good cafe!!

Update Reply
ttaskmaster @ 14/08/2008 09:33  

well thats a long way to come just for a good cuppa, i used to live near Reading & go there some weekends, but that was years ago now.

Update Reply
tagon @ 15/08/2008 11:51  

Used to go there alot last year but not so much this Nice back roads from Bristol too, would go right now if it jus' for once, stopped poxy rainin'!!! Helluva ride from Reading.....m'way?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/08/2008 04:54  

went there last Saturday but on spur of moment!!!went to the bus park cafe!jus outside o town few bikers there,may go again nxt time in Bristol!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 31/08/2008 04:58  

was there last weekend. Pretty quiet but the weather forecast was too pessimistic. Nice bacon butty though. And good toilets (thank heavens). Rather well monitored though, with helicopters n everything......

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/09/2008 18:04  

Don't want anybody doin' anything naughty now do we.... Will have to have a bimble over to sample said butties when/if we get a half decent day for a hoon

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/09/2008 12:48  

28th? De son ees shining the weather is sweeeet yeah...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/09/2008 12:24  

The usual meet up is at the Bus station, there were plenty of bikes there this Saturday, as we had some beautiful biking weather. I don't know about Sunday as I was down in Monmouth,but they usually do have a good turnout on the Sunday. FWIW the sheep are allergic to velcro so wellies are a must for those that partake of such sheepish activities

Update Reply
Nightentity @ 29/09/2008 19:03  

Pony and i went up there Sunday 21st. Excellent turn out of bikes. SP

Update Reply
SP @ 30/09/2008 03:58  

Wish I went on Sunday now...... weather's pants now for the foreseeable, the w/e included I will get there, oh yes.......

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/09/2008 16:53  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email