MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Farmyard Party

Farmyard Party - Forums [Biker Match] Farmyard Party - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Farmyard Party

Sorry peeps... Have had to bow out of this one... The NHS impressively enough has sent me an appointment for a Saturday... it would be that bleedin' Saturday though wouldn't it?! On trying to re-schedule, they're advising a 3-4 week wait and frankly, I can't cope with another month of sleepless nights, fretting over (hopefully) nothing! So I'm putting health and sanity first for once and blowing out the rally. Hull Rider - I'll get you that beer another time Have a thoroughly excellent time without me! lol

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 04/06/2008 05:38  

i'll cross everythin for yu!!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 04/06/2008 11:12  

Careful now TM! You don't want to be tripping up the young laydees on the dance floor or turning the bike the wrong way Thanks though I'm sure all will be fine... it's just my inner drama-queen demanding attention! lol

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 04/06/2008 11:34  

Hope its nothing to worry about, thinking about you X

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 04/06/2008 11:43  

you are a born worrier wannabe but i realy hope all goes well and it is nothing u cant handle

Update Reply
tj.zx6r @ 04/06/2008 13:07  

take care hope all goes well :o)

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 04/06/2008 13:14  

Aw shucks - thanks you guys ;o)

I'm surrounded by worriers TJ! You should've heard the conversation with Mother today! lol

I do my best to shrug it off but my subconscious ignores everything my conscious state tries to ram into its thick skull!

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 04/06/2008 14:35  

....the lengths some people will go to , to avoid buying a round! Will raise a glass, and think of you,though.Best wishes.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/06/2008 05:18  

ROFL! *curses*

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 05/06/2008 06:57  

Sorry i shall not be meeting up with you. Health comes first, it has to without it you have nothing. In my job i see people who have everything but not there health, i have to think whats the point Linda

Update Reply
lcotgrave @ 05/06/2008 17:59  

Thanks Linda :-)

You're so right... My Dad was rushed in for emergency aortic repair after a rupturing aortic aneurism a couple of years ago, survived the operation against the odds but ended up permanently paralysed from the chest down!

Drives it home how quickly things can change when health is called into question... He was a daily runner/swimmer/gym junkie, loved taking the dog on long, muddy walks and overnight, became unable to do any of those things. He was widely travelled and is so grateful that he took the opportunities when they arose, instead of waiting to be completely retired.

Now he's just objecting to spending his life savings on house extensions/alterations, carers and extra bits & bobs to make life bearable... I just tell him "You saved that money for a rainy day and guess what? It's bloody well pouring!" lol

At least he's got the money to be able to have a certain quality of life :-) Brand new car, adapted for hand controls, with a fancy hoist that lifts his wheelchair into it, Sky+, laptops, iPods and all manner of bedside entertainment! lol It's easy to feel hard done by and that life's not fair, but then you remember you're waking up every morning and an aching shoulder means you're still alive ;-)

I'm sure mine's nothing to worry about, but it's not worth risking waiting another month to get it checked out *just*in*case*... I'm sure I'll make it to another party another time ;-)

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 06/06/2008 02:45  

Blimey! Another epic post... Really must learn to be conscise! lol Must also learn how to spell concise? *pass*

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 06/06/2008 02:46  

Try the word *brief* lol Good Luck Wannabe

Update Reply
Sandi @ 06/06/2008 19:11  

Or Short

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 06/06/2008 19:16  

Hey Wannabe... that sure does put things inta perspective.. All the best to you ....and yr dad Re: Farmyard... yep..I'll be there.. (all bein well..im waiting for a Drs Appmnt too.... we're all droppin to bits! lol )

Update Reply
Karey @ 06/06/2008 21:25  

I dont think i'll make any more rallies this year. Too much on unfortunately, plus i dont think i'll get the time off work, being the new person. Ah well, maybe next year

Update Reply
darkcarnival @ 07/06/2008 03:28  

Morning guys :o)

Brief is a good word - d'oh! Short? Who you calling short HR?! Short in nature, but not in style... that's me! lol

Have a good'un for me Karey - mine's a pear cider if you'd care to do the honours in my absence!

There's another 6 months to go of this year DC - make 'em give you some time off ;o)

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 07/06/2008 03:50  

P.S. Cheers for the thoughts Karey :o)

Try not to fall apart at the seams ;o)

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 07/06/2008 03:52  

Wannabe... Cider is the Devils own Bum Juice !!!!!!!! Bleeeurrrgghhhhhh !! so ..... i shall not be havin one or even a sniff of one for u ..sorry Will have plenty of lagers and voddies tho .. and even a Guinness or two Steph... I agree wiv Wannabe..there's loadsa time to get to a rally or two yet, surely you won't be workin EVERY weekend??! We gotta catch up sometime ....hope its goin good for you.

Update Reply
Karey @ 07/06/2008 06:30  

Hehehe! OK then - I'll have a lager ;o)

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 07/06/2008 17:07  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email