MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

Female Bikers Read This

Female Bikers Read This (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Female Bikers Read This (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

Female Bikers Read This

This is a strange debate. I haven't met a women biker yet who is that much better or worse than her peers. There are good bikers and not so good bikers. we all have to learn and gain experience. Don't give people the amunition they need to divide us as a group. If you think you can't go out without worrying about wether your going to be able to pick your bike up if it falls over. Then dont go out or buy something that can't fall over like a car or a goldwing. With this " i'm just a girly" attitude your always gonna be up against it. I think your making it worse by buying into this " its gotta be pink" thing. Surely thats playin into the hands of manufacturers who are playing the "girls are different" card looking to make a profit.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 27/08/2008 06:09  

Exactly - There is no reason to be considered 'different' until you let people make a difference up and market it. Truth is I doubt many of us even notice the gender of a biker most of the time.

Update Reply
ttaskmaster @ 27/08/2008 07:25  

bluebiker hit the nail on the head. Experiance. that whats make you a better rider. When you're roaring up the road at 50 60 70 or whatever, when you pass another biker with a helmet on, he or she is just that a biker like you and i.

Update Reply
SP @ 27/08/2008 07:48  

when a slim shapely rider puls up alongside with long hair streaming from under a pink and blue helmet with large eyes looking your way.... yeah well spose it could be ttmaster!!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 27/08/2008 08:54  

I don't think the woman making this dvd is trying to make out that women are "better" at all. She's just aiming her product at a specific sector of the market. This is sensible business practice. You can't please all of the people all of the time, after all Every product/service is directed towards a target market. It's the only way to be successful. I'm not sure how we got onto a "better" / "worse" debate. That said, it's little wonder, with attitudes such as: "think your out of order, its the same for woman as it is for men if not beter, as guys have to do it on there own and find the cash them selfs," that women can feel that they're being treated differently! Whilst I suspect that post was made as a complete wind-up, those attitudes DO exist for real out there and they're extremely irritating... We're not living in a Victorian era where the "little woman" has to depend on a big strong man to provide for her... To this day, I still meet people who assume that I own my own house because of a divorce settlement from some poor hard done by bloke! Cheeky feckers!

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 27/08/2008 08:58  

Better or worse wasn't the point i was trying to make wannabe. The post you mentioned i also found questionable and i presume was made as a wind up at least i hope it was. The point i want to make is that we dont need anyone dividing us as bikers. the filth and the government can do that on their own. I think by buying into a blond bimbo/ barbie biker look and going down the pink at all costs route or wearing bags on yer back that look like sheep and couldn't hold more that a cheese roll isn't doing any favours. People tend to treat you as they see you. Wether your male, female or inbetweenie.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 27/08/2008 10:38  

hey who mentioned sheep.

Update Reply
SP @ 27/08/2008 10:54  

Woof Woof!!

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 27/08/2008 10:57  

Ah my mistake - apologies Blues... Valid argument, but I think there's room for the pink leather and fluffy sheep brigade too, even though it wouldn't be my personal choice. Folk do judge on appearances, no doubt about it. It would be nice if we didn't, particularly as you point out, within the "biking community" (horribly over-used & exceedingly irritating expression but I can't think of another way to put it!) where we're already subject to prejudice from HMG, police, ignorant motorists etc... but there are plenty of divisions between bikers too, whether it be over what style/make of bike you ride, what clubs/organisations you belong to or what clothing you wear etc etc. Yes - we could do without adding to the divisions, of course, and you can look at a product like this as contributing to dividing "us"... or... devil's advocate: you can look at a product like this as encouraging more women to get out and ride... which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Look at the differences in membership on here as a fer instance - approx 76:24 male to female ratio...

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 27/08/2008 11:17  

Come on girls. Let's hear it for "blonde, bimbo, barbie, blah de blah bikers" What is the "male" equivalent, pray tell??? No - I'm not blonde but actually am gonna stick up for ALL my fellow females out there - whatever their inclination. Up GIRL POWER. And Up Yours Mr. Effin Judgmental. I remember the days when ALL bikers were cast with the same label. Was rubbish. Don't judge any book by its cover. And thus endeth the lesson.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/08/2008 11:18  

Hehehe! Or we could just talk about sheep! *note to self: refresh page if answering the phone mid-post prep*

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 27/08/2008 11:18  

when a slim shapely rider puls up alongside with long hair streaming from under a pink and blue helmet with large eyes looking your way.... yeah well spose it could be ttmaster!! Yeah, you say that...... Let me tell you a story....... Couple of years ago, five of us from the club went touring round Scotland. It was the first day out and our first motorway services stop. We were all queueing up at the horrendously overpriced counter in the middle of a crowded cafe. Remember that - crowded cafe... Having just ridden many miles and this being my first long ride, I took the opportunity to stretch a bit. My jacket, lid etc were piled next to our table. I was wearing boots, leather trousers, t-shirt, leather waistcoat - all in black. As is my custom when stretching, I also took the opportunity to re-tie my hair. So, I loosen the tie and unleash my long, thick, tumbling mane of hair, which reached down just past my belt line. I fluff it out, brush out the tangles with my fingers and doo all the usual unthinking things that us long-haired herberts do. Then, from behind us across the crowded cafe, there is a loud, laddish shout... "Cor, look at the lovely arse on her!!!" Being red-blooded male bikers of various, but virile ages, we all turn to get an eyeful of whoever's beautiful backside this lad is checking out. So does the rest of the crowded cafe. We all turn to see three lads, one looking straight at me!!!My mates and the entirety of the crowded cafe look at him, follow his eyes to see me, look back at him and then snigger. He turns a hilarious shade of red and trips over his mates as he scrambles away!! I then spend the rest of the trip (and even to this day) enduring jibes about how fabulous/shapely/squeezable my backside is!!!

Update Reply
ttaskmaster @ 27/08/2008 11:22  

Nice one TTM! I used to date a transvestite... who had WAY better legs than me! Not good!

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 27/08/2008 11:26  

I'm not sure how we got onto a "better" / "worse" debate.That's my point - They're neither. They are the same. There's tassled cruisers, power rangers, muscle-bikers and whatever else in Male and Female flavours!! What is the "male" equivalent, pray tell???Summer Riders, ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!! As for the pink brigade, that may be about to change...Mate of mine wants a bike.He's 6' 4" without his high heels, weighs 23 stone and is gay as they come, so really likes the idea of being a pink power ranger!!!! I really want to see the Fox's lot as he pulls up like that!!!!!!!!!

Update Reply
ttaskmaster @ 27/08/2008 11:27  

'male equivelent' who likes loads o bling an branded clothes tassles an fringes? blimey tt yu type quick in there like a rat up a drainpipe!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 27/08/2008 11:28  

And I think to myself ............... WHAT A WONNDERRFULLLL WOORRRRLLLLLLDDDDDD

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/08/2008 11:40  

'male equivelent' who likes loads o bling an branded clothes tassles an fringes? My ex, actually... She was one of those who would buy something for the image, rather than any practical reason. In the end, it made her a serious liability and was the main reason I broke up with her. I do laugh, though - While shopping for a leather jacket, I showed her one I reckoned she'd like. It was practical, had tassles, secure zips, double stitching and an extra flap on the back to cover her Builder's Arse and save her kidneys from getting frozen... Quite practical in my mind. She told me how fucking awful it was, how stupid and clueless I was, how she'd never wear something so hideous, blah blah blah..... I showed her the Harley Davidson label inside and she bought it without another word!! End of the day, so long as you're having fun and not hurting anyone, then who cares!!

Update Reply
ttaskmaster @ 27/08/2008 12:14  

Sniggers...... Three Cheers for ttm's ex. Hip Hip ........ Wonder who had the best ass though?????

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/08/2008 12:24  

PMSL @ the Label-Slave! Aw bless...

Reminds me of when I employed a new couple to work on the doors... neither had the required black suits & white shirts, so I advised them to pop into Primark... They'd never heard of it, so I described it as a sort of cheap M&S...

The look of horror on their faces when I said the letters M&S! Hehehe!

Apparently they only wore "designer" clothes... Fairy Nuff says I... If you want to risk a £200 jacket in a scuffle when you're ejecting someone from the premises, far be it for me to stand in yer way!

They lasted about 4 nights' work... I think they reckoned the job was all about posing beside the club doors, looking pretty & chatting up the punters... ;o)

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 27/08/2008 12:50  

Your quite right wannabe. We all have every right to wear/ride wot we like. people have a go now if you dont wear leather jeans. It used to be just tassles and "Live to ride " badges. Now there covering there bikes in neon lights. Wots that all about?

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 27/08/2008 12:56  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email