MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

strange childhood foods

strange childhood foods - Forums [Biker Match] strange childhood foods - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

strange childhood foods

my one was peanut butter and dairylea sandwiches. my mum almost retched when she had to make them, but i still love them now. oh and i used to lick pure malt vinegar out of my hand. oh and frozen oven chips right out of the freezer and frozen veg as well, ok someone please tell me i was not that strange a child so what was your weird kiddy food obsession and if you have kids have they inherited it?

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 14/02/2008 11:04  

hi fraglette wheres you been marmite and crisps butties picking at an oxo cube no my kids have not inherited them in fact i dont think they have inherited anything of me kids today come from another world and sometimes i think from a different planet

Update Reply
lcotgrave @ 14/02/2008 11:42  

lol no fraglette mine was currant t-cakes with red delicious apples sliced on it .... or tins of marrowfat peas cold . I also loved vinegar ...... out of my 3 kids my youngest has developed my tastes lol

Update Reply
nina @ 14/02/2008 11:43  

hi lc, i have been a busy bee, the only thing i have managed to do is get on the site to approve some profiles and scan read the last page of all the threads on the front page just to keep a check on things. oh i also went through a phase of only eating lemon curd sarnies at junior school. mum was mortified, everyone thought the family were on skid row and she couldnt afford to buy cook meats etc

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 14/02/2008 12:14  

How about raw onion and salad cream butties. Just had one now Good job im staying in tonight

Update Reply
lcotgrave @ 14/02/2008 12:18  

Peanut butter, grated carrot and mayo sarnies.... yummy.

Update Reply
Di @ 14/02/2008 12:24  

Blimey Di I feel sick I could never get into this peanut butter thing

Update Reply
lcotgrave @ 14/02/2008 12:26  

School dinners with spam spam spam spam -what is it made from? [probably best not to know].Now veggie.

Update Reply
iggypup @ 14/02/2008 12:39  

them crackling sweet things that explode in your mouth. Cant have been good for your teeth

Update Reply
Matt @ 14/02/2008 13:39  

Pop Rocks, Matt, and Space Dust was a more powdery version Neither of them is strange - are they ? And they've been re-invented in the Wonka Exploda Bar - Hurrah ! I always liked peanut butter and banana sandwiches I'm sure I'm not alone in that But then I also used to drink vinegar which seems to be a lot more common than I would have thought lol

Update Reply
stueylewie @ 14/02/2008 13:46  

Thanks alot stu I really fancy a peanut butter and banana sandwich now, both of which I dont have!!!!! GRRRRR

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/02/2008 14:04  

Not coal then hun?

Update Reply
Di @ 14/02/2008 15:03  

I loved black pudding sarnies! (Must have been the Morticia in me! LOL!)

Update Reply
bikerchick1966 @ 14/02/2008 15:41  

I used to eat frozen fish fingers... Don't ask, makes me want to wretch at the thought of it now! Also frozen strawberries, drank vinegar, ate butter and sugar mixed and had sugar sandwiches! Also used to mix mint with vinegar and slurp that too!! Bag of crisps dosed in salad cream, and I still LOVE crisp sarnies!! Bovril on toast still a fave and more normal, tins of pineapple chunks! MMM!!

Update Reply
FlameRed @ 14/02/2008 16:12  

Plain or chicken crisps and salad cream!! Still eat those.

Update Reply
Di @ 14/02/2008 16:16  

Black pudding and fried egg butties, otherwise the Dracula Sarnie. Who mentioned cholesterol?

Update Reply
Wills @ 14/02/2008 16:22  

Blimey yr bringing back some old and some recent memories now! Iggypup - I'm not ashamed to say it, but i adore spam fritters, got to have a fix at least once a month lol Flame - crisp and salad cream butties, gorgeous, ooh and sugar butties, used to love those Stuey - space dust, everyone used to have that and do you remember Wham! bars? they were dead chewy and had space rocks in them that made yr mouth go funny? Did anyone else used to get 'salt and shake' crisps with the little blue packet of salt in them, but pour vinegar over them as well, to make them salt and vinegar????..............or was that just me?

Update Reply
darkcarnival @ 14/02/2008 16:28  

Think that was just you DC Didn't it make your crisps soggy?

Update Reply
Di @ 14/02/2008 16:49  

Yeah but it didnt seem to matter at the time

Update Reply
darkcarnival @ 14/02/2008 17:06  

I don't think it does when you're a kid, it's just summat you're designed to do!

Update Reply
Di @ 14/02/2008 17:08  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email