MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

South Wales Camp 4th - 6th June

South Wales Camp 4th - 6th June (6) - Forums [Biker Match] South Wales Camp 4th - 6th June (6) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

South Wales Camp 4th - 6th June

Excellent, and I can't pronounce any of them. It's going be a bugger if I get lost and I have to ask directions.
Me to some Strapping Welsh Maid: "Excuse me miss but I'm lost please you direct me to Yslggglllaghth, or is it pronounced Goggithcwm? No, I'll try again I think its Llangcwminu."
Strapping Welsh Maid: "Baa"
Me: "I say what a charming accent, can I take you for dinner?"

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 26/05/2021 08:15  

Friday 4th June

For those who are coming down the country and fancy riding with company those of us in the Sheffield area are meeting at The Yondermann Cafe about 10.30am to leave at 11.00am
https://www.yondermanncafe.com/

We're stopping at The Lazy Trout Truck Stop on the A49 south of Shrewsbury for a break and to RV with a few folk about 1.30 - 2.00pm
https://www.facebook.com/thelazytrout

Arrive at the campsite approx 4.00pm

Let me know if you want us to keep an eye out for you! 😁

Update Reply
Cupid Stunt @ 26/05/2021 11:12  

I might see you at the Lazy Trout. If I'm not there don't wait, I'll most likely be dancing down the A483 instead 🙂

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 26/05/2021 11:47  

I am looking forward to this. Spending all next week in Wales and the weather forecast looks better than of late. Is anyone going to be there before Friday?

Update Reply
SusiPop @ 26/05/2021 17:00  

You know me me Susi. I like to be there early to watch people ride across a field especially if it's muddy. 😈

Working on Thursday but hopefully getting on site between 7 to 8

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 26/05/2021 17:30  

Fair nuff Steve 🙂

It'll be so hot and sunny the field will be baked hard by next weekend Ragnar! 😎😎

Update Reply
Cupid Stunt @ 26/05/2021 18:19  

Oh, and I forgot to mention that the first bit of my ride, that is the first bit of mountain we go over is used lots by film crews. Top gear, Car SOS etc plus a few films have been made up there 🙂

Update Reply
Fink @ 26/05/2021 18:40  

Is it easy enough for CW to ride?

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 26/05/2021 18:47  

There's a nice hairpin called Tro Cuckoo (cuckoo corner), maybe we should drop him off there. 😆

Update Reply
Fink @ 26/05/2021 20:11  

With local covid restrictions taking place in some areas of the UK could members attending this event please check before setting off that they are not bending the restrictions. Remember the Welsh police do not take these things lightly and will hit your pocket and send you home. This mess is far from over so let's not screw up any chance of a back to almose but not quite normal.

Update Reply
JP @ 27/05/2021 08:07  

Well said JP.
Like it or not we are not over Covid by a long way, we have the 3rd and possibly 4th wave to go yet!

The rules and guidance for Wales can be found here - https://gov.wales/coronavirus

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 27/05/2021 09:12  

Thanks JP and Steve that's an important point . Don't forget we know where you are all coming from, and the police have ANPR down here lol 😆

Update Reply
Fink @ 27/05/2021 17:34  

So false plates it is then Fink 👍
Anyone know Dominic Cummings' numberplate? 😈

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 27/05/2021 19:19  

AR5 0LE? 🤔

Update Reply
Cupid Stunt @ 27/05/2021 20:08  

I'll want some assurance of validity before I ride 250 miles with that on the back of me bike 😏
Its not a CBR600RR, the only bike with an arsehole

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 27/05/2021 21:15  

Technically, and in a most pedantic way, every bike being ridden has an AR5 OLE on it........ 🙄🤣🤣🤣

Update Reply
Cupid Stunt @ 28/05/2021 10:03  

And some have two dip sticks on them.

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 28/05/2021 11:05  

So, as the advice is only 1 level clearer than mud, does the ride out have to be restricted to 50 people? Of course if it's not organised then that question isn't valid

Update Reply
Winchester @ 28/05/2021 18:28  

There is a lot to take in Winchester. It depends on what the event is classed as.
My interpretation of the guidance (which might be wrong) is that we can meet in groups of 6 households outdoors at any one time.
So if we're camping in groups not larger than 6 households, and the groups can change membership, its fine. And that's what we're doing right?
But I don't think we can have a rideout in group of more than 6.
The bit about 50 folks refers to exercise (is riding a m/c exercise) in an organised event and organised events are specified.
There is a load of stuff about households, kids carers etc but from our perspective I would might interpret that as 6 singles, 6 married couples (i.e. 12 people) or variations on that.

In reality it depends on how enthusiastic the local plod are on enforcement of the rules.

Thoughts people?

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 29/05/2021 11:30  

I've got a head ache lol.
A well spread out ride without drawing attention to ourselves should be OK.
A camp site that has a lot of campers on it again fine even if folk are chatting to others. But if all then tents are pitched on top of each other it will be a recipe for disaster

Update Reply
JP @ 29/05/2021 16:45  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email