MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!


We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

5

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site


Bikes, Products & Services

What's my name?

What's my name? - Forums [Biker Match] What's my name? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

What's my name?

 Posts: 35       Pages: 1/2

Post Reply
Hiya 😊 I have a Honda shadow but everyone seems to have names for their bikes, as in ace, aero, spirit etc I wondered what mine was but I don't have one 🙄 all it says on my docs are honda vt750 c2 bc, it has shadow on the tank.....is mine just a shadow?

Can anyone help me find my bikes name please, TIA

   Update Reply
Jollyrambler @ 15/10/2019 00:31  

You could call it Hank...?

   Update Reply
Lynn1584 @ 15/10/2019 08:13  

😂😂 I don't want a random name, I want the name of the bike, every honda vt is a shadow something, whether its spirit, phantom, ace, etc I know ace stands for American classic edition and has a badge on the side that says it and that isn't mine.
I'd like to know what mine is so I can order parts as they're all slightly different

Sorry for the confusion 😊

   Update Reply
Jollyrambler @ 15/10/2019 09:18  

If you get the frame number then phone a main dealer they maybe able to help

   Update Reply
JP @ 15/10/2019 10:21  

Yep; frame number's best used for parts anyway TBH.

   Update Reply
invalid characters @ 15/10/2019 10:39  

If it's an old one,maybe it's a Shadow of it's former self..?
My CB500 is called Verity,the winter mule(not for sale)..:)>

   Update Reply
jinx57 @ 15/10/2019 13:45  

I just stuck Honda VT750 c2 bc into Google and this is what it says,
VT750C2B
The 2010 VT750C2B Shadow Phantom debuted in Fall 2009 powered by a blackened fuel-injected version (engine code RC53E) of the existing Shadow 750 shaft-drive engine. The Phantom's frame and abridged bodywork, based on the Aero 750, were both painted black. This model was called the Shadow Black Spirit in European markets. Honda Motor Europe described the VT750C2B, called Shadow Black Spirit in some European markets, a variant of the VT750C2 Shadow Spirit with "authentic bobber styling."
Looking at your profile photos if it is the Shadow you're sitting on in the carpark of the Breighton Ferry I would say it's a Aero if it is older than 2010, Aero's are shaft-drive and Spirit is chain-drive.

I think I'll stick with my Triumph Tigers

   Update Reply
Ragnar @ 15/10/2019 18:23  

It's a 2013, shaft drive.
When I looked Google said it was a phantom but in the UK it's a spirit.....but then talking to others they say aero! As I said it gets very confusing

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
I just stuck Honda VT750 c2 bc into Google and this is what it says,
VT750C2B
The 2010 VT750C2B Shadow Phantom debuted in Fall 2009 powered by a blackened fuel-injected version (engine code RC53E) of the existing Shadow 750 shaft-drive engine. The Phantom's frame and abridged bodywork, based on the Aero 750, were both painted black. This model was called the Shadow Black Spirit in European markets. Honda Motor Europe described the VT750C2B, called Shadow Black Spirit in some European markets, a variant of the VT750C2 Shadow Spirit with "authentic bobber styling."
Looking at your profile photos if it is the Shadow you're sitting on in the carpark of the Breighton Ferry I would say it's a Aero if it is older than 2010, Aero's are shaft-drive and Spirit is chain-drive.

I think I'll stick with my Triumph Tigers

   Update Reply
Jollyrambler @ 15/10/2019 19:11  

Looking at it, pre 2010 it was a Aero and after it beome a Black Spirit

   Update Reply
Ragnar @ 15/10/2019 19:52  

If it says shadow on the tank then that's what it is, honda do put the names of models on the bike.

   Update Reply
yarg @ 16/10/2019 15:33  

Shadow is its family name apparently.
You get 125's up tp 1100's, all shadows but they also have another name to go with it, like phantom, spirit, ace, aero etc...... I was trying to find out what mine is 😕 but its proving not to be a simple job 😂

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
If it says shadow on the tank then that's what it is, honda do put the names of models on the bike.

   Update Reply
Jollyrambler @ 16/10/2019 19:29  

There is a website explaining the names, have a look on your logbook, you need the letters and numbers after the model, i.e. VT.....

   Update Reply
Lynn1584 @ 17/10/2019 07:29  

On the logbook is just vt750 c2bc

Do you have the website?
It gets confusing because the Canadian and European are the same bike but different names.
I think mine's the spirit but then someone will say something different......this is why I'm asking 😊

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
There is a website explaining the names, have a look on your logbook, you need the letters and numbers after the model, i.e. VT.....

   Update Reply
Jollyrambler @ 17/10/2019 10:08  

Seems to be the c2bc is the phantom

   Update Reply
Lynn1584 @ 17/10/2019 10:57  


How did you get that? I got spirit 🤔🙃
----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Seems to be the c2bc is the phantom

   Update Reply
Jollyrambler @ 17/10/2019 12:04  

I'm sorry but in the big scheme of things does it really matter....?

IMHO
Spirit & Phantom = Ghost or Ghoul 😂😉

   Update Reply
Lindsay @ 17/10/2019 13:13  

Because I'd like to know 😁
And if I'm ordering parts the ghouls matter 👍

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
I'm sorry but in the big scheme of things does it really matter....?

IMHO
Spirit & Phantom = Ghost or Ghoul 😂😉

   Update Reply
Jollyrambler @ 17/10/2019 13:55  

Type it into Google, vt750c2bc

   Update Reply
Lynn1584 @ 17/10/2019 13:55  

Plus, isn't that what a forums about? 😊

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Because I'd like to know 😁
And if I'm ordering parts the ghouls matter 👍

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
I'm sorry but in the big scheme of things does it really matter....?

IMHO
Spirit & Phantom = Ghost or Ghoul 😂😉


   Update Reply
Jollyrambler @ 17/10/2019 13:57  

Its a Honda VT750 Shadow, simple. If you have to order any parts that's all the info you will need along with the reg and year. The other names you mentioned, aero, spirit , phantom etc are irrelevant.

   Update Reply
yarg @ 17/10/2019 15:21  

 Posts: 35       Pages: 1/2

Back to top
Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email