MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

New: No photo = no access!

New: No photo = no access! - Forums [Biker Match] New: No photo = no access! - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

New: No photo = no access!

From the feedback I've been getting recently it's clear that people don't want their profile being checked by others who don't have any photo uploaded.

So from now on if you don't upload a photo you will no longer be able to VIEW others or SEND MESSAGES. An error will appear asking you to upload at least one clear photo of yourself.

I think this is fair and I appreciate the feedback that led me to this decision.

Any questions or comments - let me know below.

Thanks
Matt

Update Reply
Matt @ 12/07/2019 13:01  

Exception is for staff... if you need to contact staff you can do so without a photo

Update Reply
Matt @ 12/07/2019 13:02  

I think this is a good one Matt, only last week a member was saying that she felt like she was being stalked by members without a profile photo checking her profile.

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 12/07/2019 16:26  

I think that's a good idea too. As long as they add one that's actually themself.
I look more like Chris Hemsworth in real life, but had to tone my profile photos down a bit to avoid all the attention:)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/07/2019 17:59  

Thanks for that Matt, if someone is looking at you and messaging you should be able to see who it is 👍

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/07/2019 18:50  

By the way - there's nothing to stop people from deleting all their photos AFTER they've browsed profiles and sent messages.

But if I see people abusing it I'll delete them

Update Reply
Matt @ 12/07/2019 19:52  

If the invisible man joins there could be problems.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/07/2019 20:38  

👍 good, Matt

Update Reply
Sandi @ 13/07/2019 09:19  

I know it's been said before but (tell you later) is a pain in the arse.

Update Reply
GL Blue @ 13/07/2019 14:39  

Anyone with too few details on their profile (i.e too much "tell you later") is removed from the search pages, homepage etc.
Doesn't stop them using the site though and nor should it. Not everyone wants to fill out their hair colour, eye colour, how many kids they have, what kind of residency they have etc.

As long as you fill out the basics (age, gender, location, add a photo, write a few words about yourself) then I have no problem with it.

But you wont qualify for the search pages unless you fill out like at least half your profile

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
I know it's been said before but (tell you later) is a pain in the arse.

Update Reply
Matt @ 13/07/2019 20:43  

Matt, how about just leaving it blank, instead of 'tell you later'?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 13/07/2019 21:55  

I happily applaud both subjects being tackled,as at my age,i don't have too many 'laters' left...and sadly ,have had a few 'maids of mystery' check out my profile in the past,without me ever knowing what they looked like...a lose/lose situation mayhap...:/>

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 15/07/2019 11:58  

I see where your coming from Jinx i'm in the same boat.

Update Reply
GL Blue @ 16/07/2019 10:32  

Happily,i do have to report that there aren't TOO many 'ageists' on here,(you know who you are,lol) and the level of ' next town is too far' seems limited lately,thankfully..:)>
And if MY photos don't put them off...

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 21/07/2019 06:51  

Trouble is people tend to think when you get to a certain age your mot's run out.not true.

Update Reply
GL Blue @ 21/07/2019 11:06  

Still a lot of (see you laters).

Update Reply
GL Blue @ 21/07/2019 11:11  

GL Blue, They don't realize that they changed the rules on MOTs when you reach a certain age now you become exempt from it so we can now keep going for ever lol. Don't forget that there are some female members that don't want to be seen for very good reasons and also don't put much info down for that same reason.

Update Reply
JP @ 21/07/2019 11:16  

I got sent to the scrapyard.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/07/2019 11:20  

Yarg its called recycling now you come back better stronger and faster ( Yarg the 1s 6d Man ) for the younger members that's 15p

Update Reply
JP @ 21/07/2019 11:23  

Forgot about that JP must be tax exempt aswell(Be the day).

Update Reply
GL Blue @ 21/07/2019 11:56  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email