MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

European Autumn Break

European Autumn Break - Forums [Biker Match] European Autumn Break - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

European Autumn Break

====================================== http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/event_details.asp?event_id=160 UPDATE! Dates: 10th - 25th September 2008Locations: France, Switz, Austria, Italy, Germany (TBC). Bikes: Mid-size and over. Must be suitable and well maintained.Style: TouringAccomodation: Tents, hostels and hotels if you're loaded. NB: Route and destinations to be confirmed. This is not a fast tour, but bikes must be capable of keeping up. All bikes must be fully serviced before setting off at the very least. ====================================== who fancies a bit of time in Europe this year? No idea when, to be discussed. Start at my place in the Netherlands. Ride over into Germany or down through France... hit as many good roads in as many good countries as possible in the time available. Finish wherever you want, depending on how you're riding home. Who would? When would you - date and length of time? Where would you wanna go/recommend?

Update Reply
Matt @ 12/01/2008 08:11  

sounds fantastic matt,i'm flexible re dates and places.
sure blue would be up for it as well

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/01/2008 08:26  

Hmmm, will have to ponder on this one for a while....Okay, I'm in!!!!

Update Reply
Blueboy955i @ 12/01/2008 10:42  

BUMP. Sorry but the birthday card, sorry i mean the other forum topics, had pushed good topics to the 2nd page.

Update Reply
Matt @ 14/01/2008 07:06  

C'mon peeps,surely Blue and i aren't the only ones on this site with a sense of adventure????????

Will be a blast

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/01/2008 08:56  

I could be up for this. I go to Europe as often as I can. I have been to Hungry, Czech Republic, Slovakia just to mention a few.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/01/2008 14:22  

Great, looks like we've found a group leader then - thanks for volunteering. haha. And I really want to go to Hungary... most of my family live there, many of which I've never met.

Update Reply
Matt @ 14/01/2008 14:27  

Wayyy,well done B.B.Neil.c'mon girls,dinna let the side down

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/01/2008 18:59  

Sounds really good... Let us know the plan and will see if we can make it...

Update Reply
skins @ 15/01/2008 07:54  

would be great if you and Lula could make it Skins

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/01/2008 08:59  

i can test out all my new luggage that skins got me for christmas, lol

Update Reply
lula @ 15/01/2008 13:14  

More important Lula,really test out that new bike

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/01/2008 14:15  

skins dude - thats the whole point of this topic. Lets arrange it. Ive been saying it for 4 years now, but nows the time to do it. Lets pic dates, countries, timescales. When will it be nice weather, but not too hot for leathers, and not raining?

Update Reply
Matt @ 15/01/2008 17:44  

Err,your the European now buddy,should you not be telling us?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/01/2008 07:27  

haha true. ok colleagues and friends say april/may time. But i thought it was wet then! Ive tried finding a website for holiday weather patterns but cant - do you know of any?

Update Reply
Matt @ 16/01/2008 13:57  

try www.wunderground.com matt. x

Update Reply
lula @ 16/01/2008 14:21  

met office site do past climate patterns for europe

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/01/2008 14:24  

C'mon peeps, lets get a few more people keen on doing this 'cos it'll be a trip to remember. Forget the summer holiday to Bognor Regis, get on your bikes and haway onto the continent!!

Update Reply
Blueboy955i @ 16/01/2008 17:20  

Well said blue.....

Update Reply
skins @ 17/01/2008 08:02  

from my experience this past year, when it rains here in summer - it REALLY rains! Big time. But only last for 5-10 minutes and then the sun is out crackin'th flags again. ok from looking at sites, it seems the wettest time is before summer and the dryer time is after. Which i suppose is how is was this year in Holland. I therefore propose...Time: September, for 2 weeks. (Long time ahead to book holiday time, and dryer weather but still warm - yet not too warm) Locations: Netherlands, Belgium, France, Italy, Slovenia, Croatia, Hungary, Austria again, Czech Rep, Germany and back over to the Netherlands.Pace: Touring/Scenic, no racing unless you want to go ahead for a while and also no 125s that wont make it on the autobahns (And will probably break down around france way)Accomodation: to be discussed. Not everyone can stay in tents for health reasons, but many will want to stay in tents. So this needs discussing. This is very open to debate, i just wanted to get the ball rolling

Update Reply
Matt @ 17/01/2008 08:38  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email