MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

European Autumn Break

European Autumn Break (2) - Forums [Biker Match] European Autumn Break (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

European Autumn Break

By the way, before anyone complains about the PACE comment above. I simply dont want people crashing trying to keep up with racers, and i don't want the whole group to be stopping every 10 miles to wait for 125s. An average group, which allows for the largest portion of bikes, will be best.

Update Reply
Matt @ 17/01/2008 08:40  

Oh, and i NEED internet everyday and ive gotta take my laptop with me. How's that gonna work? I'll be ok with family in Hungary but not sure what to do elsewhere

Update Reply
Matt @ 17/01/2008 08:44  

It's 2000 miles through all them countries i listed. At 142 miles per day approx it can be done in 14 days. Or 250 miles a day and we can stop longer at each location (Or do it in less time if you want).

Update Reply
Matt @ 17/01/2008 08:58  

i am sorry Matt but i dont speed....lol

Update Reply
skins @ 17/01/2008 08:58  

sounds good to me Matt

pals who have travelled through europe tell me there are plenty of internet cafes and you just need to sit outside a posh hotel to pick up wi-fi

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/01/2008 09:36  

yea theres more security now, no hotel or school allows unsecure access to their wifi anymore. Good old days tho of network hopping :D

Update Reply
Matt @ 17/01/2008 11:25  

are we talking camping?

Update Reply
kenn52 @ 17/01/2008 11:56  

we're talking whatever we wanna do. Its our holiday and we can make it whatever we want. Tents, hostels, hotels, etc. Ill find one or 2 hostels to hook up my laptop sometimes. Putting tent up and pulling it down every day will get a bit annoying too

Update Reply
Matt @ 17/01/2008 13:10  

are there no internet cafe's over there matt? im looking forward to this, never really fancied driving abroad, being on the wrong side of the road and changing gear with my left hand didn't appeal... but on a bike.. bring it on, LOL. x

Update Reply
lula @ 18/01/2008 05:33  

internet cafes dont normally let you hook up ur own kit because of hacking etc. Once ur on their network u can do a lot of damage with the right tools. I also need to download a lot, log files & databases etc that need backing up just in case things go belly up. Need all my development tools and emails connecting up properly really. :-) Internet cafe is good for the odd day just to keep my eye on everything, but within 2-3 days i have a lot to do that i need my own system for. ill figure it out though

Update Reply
Matt @ 18/01/2008 10:44  

will have to see how funds are later on in the year, it sounds fun. I have other plans for November, see the events section or the thread I am just about to post. That is all dependant if I can get back on the ZZR. Not been able to ride her for 5 months and counting and I still have another 3 months before I can see the orthopedic (sp) guy!

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 18/01/2008 11:40  

sounds wicked matt im up for it

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/01/2008 14:33  

hi matt, i could be up for it as long as i can keep up on my ickle trike only got top end of 90 mph however i dont break down and do 200 miles on a tank of gas.Also i can carry more than most!!! Enjoy riding in holland,germany etc however dont enjoy traffic around utrecht!!! So count my wide arse up for it,thats the trike not me!! lol tony d

Update Reply
anthony d @ 18/01/2008 17:17  

looks like we got something to pull the caravan and carry the tents then hahaha.

Update Reply
Matt @ 18/01/2008 17:31  

yea Broomski and Ant D

c'mon peeps,lets make this one to remember

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/01/2008 07:55  

Yes this is looking good. C,mon matt get planning...lol

Update Reply
skins @ 20/01/2008 17:47  

ok september seems to be good, and advice from friends here is that weather should be ok. Problem is that I can't make it at the beginning, a colleague has already booked the time. I can make 10th - 25th September, which is a 16 day slot. Would this work for everyone? Still need more comments about where everyone wants to go, stay, etc

Update Reply
Matt @ 21/01/2008 03:06  

Works for me Matt,as does your original route suggestion.

As for where to stay am happy with camping.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/01/2008 11:18  

Like the route plan Matt and the date's fine with me too (just might missing out on Stormin the Castle, but who gives a to$$). So the rest of us will be doing the 140 miles a day with you steamin ahead to give you chance to get your t'interweb fix then lol. I like the idea of stopping for the odd day to soak up some of the culture and also nurse the occasional hang-over . I never speed either mate (shush Cassie) so the pace sounds cool.

Update Reply
Blueboy955i @ 21/01/2008 13:50  

tempted to join yu dependin on weddin bookins but shouldnt it be retitled Autumn break!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 21/01/2008 13:57  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email