MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Scotland week, July 2019.

Scotland week, July 2019. (4) - Forums [Biker Match] Scotland week, July 2019. (4) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Scotland week, July 2019.

"the Loch Ness Highland Resort, previously Cumberlands" is no longer the Cumberlands known and loved by many a biker. The new owners have invested in lodges and pods that, I fear, will change the 'campsite' feel of the place.
The bunkhouse/lodge is closed and even the shelter by the hikers camping green has been enclosed for storage purposes.
I hope that I'm wrong, that it's still a welcoming, affordable, relaxed site; the location is unparalleled, but maybe this year you might scout future alternatives?

PS for anyone booking up, there's no rally or 'meet' to ask to book in with, just a load of folk happening to go the same time and place.

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 11/03/2019 22:40  

I have had an email back from them Izzy saying folks are still welcome, but I haven't looked into prices etc. I imagine they will have gone up following change of ownership.
Lindsey and I aren't using the site because L doesn't camp anymore. We considered a pod but could get more space for the same money so have booked an apartment.
The nice thing about Fort Gus is that its small enough to be scattered around the village but still close.
As I said at the beginning it's up to everyone to sort their own accommodation.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 12/03/2019 08:00  

If car is acceptable mode if transport then I’m in! Unless I can find my spacehopper!!! 😜

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/03/2019 10:52  

Car, spacehopper, pogostick, donkey even one of them motorised velocipede contraptions. All forms of transport are acceptable.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 13/03/2019 20:28  

I'm 20mins north of Edinburgh (over the bridge), if anyone needs accommodation for a night (on our way up!). I have 2 spare rooms. My back garden is about a tennis court, so it could take 8 or 9 tents, if you were super keen to camp! Breakfast? I'll see what I can do 😃🤘🏻

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/03/2019 23:02  

Only eight and a half weeks to go :-)
I hope the weather picks up by then!

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 08/05/2019 20:11  

So do I Steve, so do I!

Weather Pixies please be kind 😁

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 08/05/2019 22:23  

They have weather haggis's (haggi?), not pixies. And they can be stroppy, inclement buggers if you upset them.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 10/05/2019 22:28  

Bump

Update Reply
Jaffa @ 21/05/2019 17:37  

No bumps... But plenty of gluggs :-)

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 25/05/2019 21:44  

Only 4 working weeks to go.

If you're thinking "should I go?", the answer is, of course, "yes".

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 07/06/2019 19:55  

In two weeks time well be there :-)

Anyone fancy meeting up for the ride north?

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 22/06/2019 20:48  

One week to go.
Anyone that going feel free to PM me to exchange numbers.
Failing that a quick Saturday evening tour of the bars along the canal ( the Bothy is good) will soon find us. And if we ain't there try the campsite bar.
Anyone wanting to ride up in a group aim to be at the Annandale services between 11 & 11:30... this plan is subject to change without notification, see pm and mobile numbers above 😆

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 28/06/2019 21:08  

Steve - Cant wait and will see you at Annandale with John
Is everyone on the list still coming? - All seems quiet on this forum for only a couple of days to go (lol)

Update Reply
Mister Pete - Optimist @ 03/07/2019 17:56  

I know... It's all suspiciously quiet. But WTF, it just means less of a queue at the bar and cheaper rounds 😁
I'll be at Annandale by 11, and I'll be on Jeeves (white honda) just to confuse everyone

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 03/07/2019 18:38  

I'm sure you guys will have a fab time 😉☺👍. Have a couple of pints for me🍻

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 03/07/2019 22:40  

Right - trike and trailer tent loaded up.

I'll take a leisurely ride up to Squires for brekky, then on to Beadnell for a couple of days . . . taking in Lindisfarne whilst I'm there . . . .then I should hit Fort Augustus around tea time on Saturday. Just keep your eyes open for a big blue trike being ridden by an ugly bugger with a purple beard.

See you soon.

Update Reply
GHW @ 04/07/2019 02:07  

At least a couple of us will recognise you after the ride back from Cornwall last year - and it would be hard not to notice the trike & trailer lol

Update Reply
Mister Pete - Optimist @ 05/07/2019 07:23  

All packed and ready to go. Those that are going I'll see you tomorrow, those that ain't I won't :-)
Time for a beer!

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 05/07/2019 19:51  

95% packed - but off for a beer and some food - finish packing later!

Update Reply
Mister Pete - Optimist @ 05/07/2019 20:28  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email