MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Site performane problems - this week

Site performane problems - this week (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Site performane problems - this week (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Site performane problems - this week

The internet as a whole has been pretty sluggish all day out here. Taken me three goes to get into BM properly.

Update Reply
Wills @ 07/01/2008 18:49  

Keeps on hiccuping again....finding that postings are so slow and then all of a sudden it has fired off prematurely without you even pressing/clicking onto the post message! I have had postings disappear midflow! STRANGE!!!

Update Reply
bikerchick1966 @ 07/01/2008 18:55  

you've got to understand that it's an internet problem and not a problem with BikerMatch. You will find that its the same for any server that you access accross a specific pipe. Though I'm not sure what pipe it is that's causing the problems. Really annoying me at the moment though, the ISPs are supposed to pick up on these things and re-route immediately.

Update Reply
Matt @ 07/01/2008 20:48  

Well it's Biker Match that's being disrupted so it makes no difference that it's NOT B M that's at fault. Sorry Matt it's driving me bloody nuts, one minute it's ok then the next it's on go-slow again. It's taking me twice as long to get anything done on here.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 08/01/2008 02:29  

Def on a go slow for me as well!!

Update Reply
babbsy @ 08/01/2008 04:41  

yea me too, and trust me i had a lot to catch up on yesterday. Everything seems great again today however. Just gotta nip out but will check up on what happened when I get back.

Update Reply
Matt @ 08/01/2008 04:42  

It's like a yoyo - up and down!

Update Reply
Matt @ 08/01/2008 09:09  

LOL @ matt. xx

Update Reply
lula @ 08/01/2008 09:15  

site feels like an old dance slow, slow quick quick slow, have we found the problem yet?

Update Reply
petervalk @ 08/01/2008 11:50  

actually yep - i tried to post to say so earlier - but couldnt get into the forums lol. Its a broken hard drive with a piece of hardware. It's being replaced as we speak. Really sorry for all the inconvenience

Update Reply
Matt @ 08/01/2008 12:09  

Have they done it yet?? Still on go slow here

Update Reply
Oggy @ 08/01/2008 12:45  

Grr! FFS! Zzzzzzz

Update Reply
Sandi @ 08/01/2008 12:51  

No, and there might be further complications. Its NOT actually being replaced - they're trying to FIX it first as there's no spare available right now. Don't worry I'm dealing with it.

Update Reply
Matt @ 08/01/2008 13:03  

whats happening matt it took 15mins for the homepage to load and another 9mins to post this message. looking pretty damn grim.

Update Reply
ianhonda @ 08/01/2008 14:25  

Good show Matt. Best of luck!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/01/2008 14:26  

Ive told the hosting company to take the broken hard disk out of the array... but i dont know the full details, and as the server is hired (not owned) i can't tell them what to do with it. Normally they're an excellent support team, and I've had no issues in the past. I'm sure they're doing all they can, but I'm just waiting to get another update now.

Update Reply
Matt @ 08/01/2008 14:58  

ok the duff hard drive didn't fix it. The site is accessible from the US, Canada and India... it's just us in Europe. There must be a big problem with one of the internet fibres, I just can't find where.

Update Reply
Matt @ 08/01/2008 16:01  

well it's zipping along really nicely now. Hope it stays this way

Update Reply
Matt @ 08/01/2008 16:03  

wow, not only has it been stable for 10 minutes - it's been incredibly fast for the full 10 minutes (Since the hard drive was fixed). Maybe the HDD was the issue.

Update Reply
Matt @ 08/01/2008 16:14  

Fast? I nearly got whiplash! lol Alas it didn't last long, the speed, not the whiplash. It's started slowing down again. Thanks for keeping us informed Matt let's hope it's fixed for good soon

Update Reply
Sandi @ 08/01/2008 16:18  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email