MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Site performane problems - this week

Site performane problems - this week (6) - Forums [Biker Match] Site performane problems - this week (6) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Site performane problems - this week

well they tried replacing the hard drive with another one... but it failed again (6am this morning). So they put an old spare in, of a different make, and it worked ok. It's currently rebuilding and will probably take around 5 hours before its 100% normal again. But yea as I was saying earlier - the server is fine, and more than capable of handing all the hits. It's just like having a bus... it can carry all the passengers, but sometimes its engine will fail or the tyres will need changing. The only way to continue the service is to have another bus, but without the funds in our case - we can't get another server.

Update Reply
Matt @ 13/01/2008 08:38  

Its going a lot better now Matt Although login is a bit sluggish or is that just me?

Update Reply
Oggy @ 13/01/2008 08:48  

Whats it like now? The rebuild is now 100% complete, and theoretically everything should be back to blistering speed again. This morning the site was down completely (Again), but I arranged for that to be fixed. It was then running slowly for a while. But now everything should be fine, from now on. The hard drive has been replaced and rebuilt. Let me know what you think.

Update Reply
Matt @ 14/01/2008 07:03  

haha its flying along! I don't think it's ever been this fast. Its so fast its gonna burn my internet connection out lol

Update Reply
Matt @ 14/01/2008 07:12  

Ticketyboo down yer Matt!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/01/2008 13:05  

Thanks Dave. Come on folks I really need some feedback on this issue, please tell me how the server is behaving for you. Is it fast/slow? Is it consistent?

Update Reply
Matt @ 14/01/2008 15:21  

I did post a reply on here about half an hour ago and it disappeared into the ether..At the risk of repeating myself - its working great now Matt. I shall retrieve my teddies and place them back in my pram. Many thanks DC

Update Reply
darkcarnival @ 14/01/2008 15:35  

Matt. As you know, i've not been on here long, but as it is now, it's the best it's been in the last week and a half.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/01/2008 16:04  

should bloody hope so! lol, last week and a half its been broken and now its fixed (touch wood!!!)

Update Reply
Matt @ 14/01/2008 18:08  

Language!! lol Yep running ok for me too, back to its usual self. I.E. running fast and now and then slows to a snail pace, but I am the impatient type

Update Reply
Sandi @ 14/01/2008 18:12  

Im looking at migrating to a new server, I've been thinking about it for a while. Problem is... there WILL be downtime to move over, there WILL be teething problem, it will COST MUCH MORE and require a lot more management/maintenance on my part.

Update Reply
Matt @ 15/01/2008 06:10  

oh, and the site's still running like a bullet. Like it has been most of the year with the exception of a few blips.

Update Reply
Matt @ 15/01/2008 06:11  

Still ok for everyone?

Update Reply
Matt @ 16/01/2008 13:59  

Erm, what's this Matt? Came up 21.04 tonight when I tried to use the browse button at the top: script removed

Update Reply
Wills @ 16/01/2008 16:04  

Why is this page widening? It goes right across my screen and OFF IT It's ok, I realised AFTER I posted mine WHY it was going off the page. Wills, if you report error mesages via the contact page, direct to Matt he will see it quicker.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 16/01/2008 21:30  

Why is this page widening? It goes right across my screen and OFF IT

Update Reply
Sandi @ 16/01/2008 21:30  

it widens the screen because theres no space in the string of text. Hey wills, i caused that :-) Im trying to setup a backup server and i had to change a few scripts. It wasnt supposed to happen, but you must have changed page within the space of about 3 seconds that it was happening for lol

Update Reply
Matt @ 17/01/2008 06:36  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email