MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

NEW: Biker Match Wish List / To Do List / Bug List

NEW: Biker Match Wish List / To Do List / Bug List (2) - Forums [Biker Match] NEW: Biker Match Wish List / To Do List / Bug List (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

NEW: Biker Match Wish List / To Do List / Bug List

Wills
Save this link...
https://www.bikermatch.co.uk/profiles/search.asp?Distance=123&Postcode=AB12&OrderBy=4

You need to edit the parameters. As long as OrderBy=4 then it will be by distance. But the distance sort order only works if you specify a postcode and radius.

Update Reply
Matt @ 26/02/2018 10:21  

If you try and search by forum topic, the search query is not returning results that should be there. For instance (plugging my own post!) if you search for "Good News stories" it returns nothing yet it is there. I want to update the post but I'm having to trawl through the posts list every time.
Also, even when a post is made on a forum, it doesn't appear to update the postings list in chronological order.

ps. Just to make me look a fool, this particular post updated straight away and went to the top of the list. Really, it doesn't always do that "Officer!"😜

Update Reply
NotPhilMitchell @ 06/04/2018 10:08  

@notphilmitchell, I have posted in the forums before and have noted it can take up to a couple of hours for notifications to update.

Update Reply
Double six @ 06/04/2018 14:05  

If you are searching the forums and don't see the post, it's because you do not have the CATEGORY selected.
By default the general chat, jokes etc are filtered out. You need to enable them categories if you want them to be included (most people don't).
Search results are instant. It uses the live data, not an archive for example. So even the very last post in the forums is indexed immediately. Same goes for the news feed page - it's all live. Press F5 or "Refresh" in your browser maybe??

Update Reply
Matt @ 06/04/2018 16:44  

Thanks D6 & Matt,
Found the last post I was looking for by filtering to include General Chat and Past Month.👍

Update Reply
NotPhilMitchell @ 06/04/2018 20:11  

Wills, only thing you can do is change the settings to how you want them. Then copy the URL (bookmark it). In the URL is also the sort preference, so if you always use your bookmark it will remember it.

Update Reply
Matt @ 26/04/2018 21:47  

Jp, youve voiced my feelings..lol..

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/04/2018 22:59  

Is there a way ,if any of us has a problem ,that we can ask a co-ordinator direct?rather than try and guess who they are [ as they are not listed that I can find]and to save us having to bother the Boss man with what at times is something trivial.Just a thought

Update Reply
Quietman2 @ 27/04/2018 18:26  

Matt it's been a few months now since I put my wish in, I think it has 4 votes.
It was to go back to the 'Notifications'
as the home page, instead of the map.
What's the next move, will it be changed and if not could you please delete it so I can make other wish request?
Ta 🙂

Update Reply
Sandi @ 21/11/2019 18:36  

Hey Sandi
The homepage and notifications pages are 2 different things.
If you login, it will automatically take you to the notifications page after logging in (because that page is customised).
I can't make that page the default for everyone because it's a personal page you need to be logged in for.
The homepage has more than a map - you just need to scroll down.
Hope this helps answer. I'll delete the entry x

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Matt it's been a few months now since I put my wish in, I think it has 4 votes.
It was to go back to the 'Notifications'
as the home page, instead of the map.
What's the next move, will it be changed and if not could you please delete it so I can make other wish request?
Ta 🙂

Update Reply
Matt @ 23/11/2019 10:22  

Matt, it doesn't take me to the notifications page, after I sign in it goes back to the home/map page. I have to choose the forum I want.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 23/11/2019 20:10  

Matt any update on the wishes in the wish list?
I've just added a new one.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 23/05/2020 01:28  

Need the site to run faster, it’s sooooo slow

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/05/2020 09:23  

Hello Mal, contact Matt via the email icon, he will respond quicker if it's sent directly to him.
Scroll down the page and click on the light blue Square, with envelope.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 24/05/2020 01:33  

I'm no computa geek but due to about 70% of the uk sat at home and playing Internet games that may have something to do with it

Update Reply
JP @ 24/05/2020 06:30  

Good point J P 👍

Update Reply
Sandi @ 24/05/2020 18:59  

Hi guys,
Wish list is still there and whenever I have time I pick things from the list.
Sometimes I do 3 or 4 from the list all within 1 week. Sometimes I don't get the time to do a single one for months.
Please remember that BM is for me also a hobby around my day job and family. Having 2 young kids has made BM a little more difficult for me to manage over recent years.

Regarding the speed of the site... the problem is with the crappy internet in the UK :-D The site is running mega fast and runs on 1gbps glass fibre internet with dedicated servers. However, most people in the UK are lucky to get 2mbps internet at home these days and that's the bottleneck.
Always upgrade your browser to the latest version though as that helps. I do all my testing and developing with the latest version of Chrome and it works perfectly

Update Reply
Matt @ 29/06/2020 09:37  

Matt, thanks for the response.
I forget that you have a life lol

Update Reply
Sandi @ 29/06/2020 13:37  

When I get a new Personal Message I get an email. Often I am busy and think I'll look later when I log in.
If I just log into the site there is no reminder after logging in that I've got new messages, like there used to be. Being taken to the Notifications page would help but I don't get taht after I log in (despite it being stated by Matt above) Even a Mail icon in red or something would help. I've sent messages to others and see that they have logged in but the message goes unread.

Update Reply
MikeBiker @ 01/07/2020 20:57  

Personally I don't think it's too hard.

I login. There's usually a 'message' banner in a blue box, but I automatically go to my inbox anyway, if there's a message I look at it, action as appropriate and then I go to forums and/or Chat.

Surely that's not hard to do? Or am I missing something crucial here?

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 05/07/2020 18:12  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email