MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

NEW: Biker Match Wish List / To Do List / Bug List

NEW: Biker Match Wish List / To Do List / Bug List (4) - Forums [Biker Match] NEW: Biker Match Wish List / To Do List / Bug List (4) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

NEW: Biker Match Wish List / To Do List / Bug List

I like the idea. However, I think I'm legally obliged under GDPR to remove accounts if I'm informed of a death. I'll have to look into it. I can always just hide profiles, that won't delete the messages but it will just remove the profile and photos from search results etc

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Is there a way to create a profile category for fallen bikers? To effectively archive, but not delete them?
Obviously they're not here to delete their own profiles and I'm not suggesting that Matt sho...

Update Reply
Matt @ 03/03/2022 15:26  

How about adding a 'now not going' to the notifications list? It would make it easier to keep track of things for events organisers.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 10/04/2022 07:34  

Is BM more active in the middle of the country Sheffield Manchester etc area than it is down south where I am. It seems 90% of members are from there cos that’s all I ever see, through out BM services

Update Reply
Malc1 @ 10/04/2022 08:54  

Nothing Matt can do about that mate - that all comes down to you; and every other BM member of course.
People live where people live, all over the place. Yes, some of the bigger rallies (MAG etc) are northern-centric but any other BM rides, meets or weekends are there because someone BOTHERED to put it up and naturally they'll do it where it's convenient for them. Up to everyone to decide if they can be bothered to go.
Barmouth, as an example, is hardly convenient for anyone but again folk make make an effort to go and if they don't that's their choice; but if EVERYONE sat back waiting for SOMEONE to arrange a convenient event which ANYONE can do, then NO-ONE would have events to go to.
Don't take this as a personal pop, but you did stick your head over the parapet 🤔

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 10/04/2022 10:04  

No I don’t expect Matt to change anything, it was pure curiosity Izzy & no I didn’t take that as personal pop, I’m thicker skinned than that. I’ve been thinking about putting my name forward for marshalling at bmad rally, but a few other things would have to fall in place first

Update Reply
Malc1 @ 10/04/2022 10:15  

Quote:
How about adding a 'now not going' to the notifications list? It would make it easier to keep track of things for events organisers....

I like this idea as I've started checking these notifications, but it would kind of depend on members removing themselves. 🤔🙄

Also, do event organisers have visibility on attendees with no profile photo? 👻
There's usually one or two more in the numbers attending than the in the faces list.

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 10/04/2022 10:46  

Yes i know what you mean izzy but if they cant be bothered to clicking a remove me from the list cant see them clicking not going now. I know we had an issue at a previous camp when a member caused a lot of problems for another member do to not being able to handle his drink. He will not be attending any event i am organising that is for sure but if he starts a new profile without a picture it is very difficult to know

Update Reply
JP @ 10/04/2022 13:53  

Only way to achieve that JP is to never organise another event because any event you post on here isn't 'yours' it's mine and even his/hers too. If you want to make it personal do it across social media and send out invites, because that's not what BM is about.
Don't get me wrong, I entirely get what you mean, in all aspects of life there are people we would rather not have to encounter and deal with but seriously pal, you're giving them headspace; for your own sake, let it go, not worth it xx

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 10/04/2022 15:04  

izzy if you had been there you would fully understand he is not welcome at any event I organise. He is no longer a member on bm but pops up for a freebie night out

Update Reply
JP @ 11/04/2022 16:28  

I lived in Ludgershall for a few years and it's true that not many members seem to organise or post any events round there. Like everyone else said, nothing stopping you to take the initiative and post any events you know about in the area or start your own, even just a simple ride out 👍

Quote:
Is BM more active in the middle of the country Sheffield Manchester etc area than it is down south where I am. It seems 90% of members are from there cos that’s all I ever see, through out BM services...

Update Reply
TheSlasher @ 12/04/2022 20:02  

Pick a pub with campsite and they will come 🙂

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 13/04/2022 15:38  

Matt, bug fix needed when an event straddles two months, example Into the Valley per forum thread:

https://www.bikermatch.co.uk/forum/posts.asp?topic_id=17962

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 01/05/2022 07:35  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email