MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

NEW: Biker Match Wish List / To Do List / Bug List

NEW: Biker Match Wish List / To Do List / Bug List (3) - Forums [Biker Match] NEW: Biker Match Wish List / To Do List / Bug List (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

NEW: Biker Match Wish List / To Do List / Bug List

Not sure it's been mentioned before. But should we close the site browsing (at least forums) for non members. Meaning you've got to log in to view topics.

I've been to sites before that won't let you view certain site links until you become a member and sign in.

Okay it may not stop trolls as a whole, as we've seen in the past and I've nothing to hide from anybody. But I just feel it may boost a little bit more security, safety and data protection?

All your thoughts welcome.

Update Reply
yorkie mick @ 12/07/2020 19:00  

If you close the forums to non members you also exclude google and other bots indexing the content and drive away organic ( as opposed to paid ads etc) web traffic to the site. So less publicity, new members etc or people joining in.

Another site I belong to has a supporters section with some useful info in there that is restricted to paid members.

Update Reply
MikeBiker @ 12/07/2020 21:47  

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Personally I don't think it's too hard.

I login. There's usually a 'message' banner in a blue box, but I automatically go to my inbox anyway, if there's a message I look at it, action as appropria...

I think I've missed the blue banner that appears once but on another site there is an envelope icon with a little red mark showing that unread messages exist.
I think I'm not the only one that misses messages as I've Ive noticed several going unread despite recent logins.
I dont go to my inbox unless I have a reason to. That's why a notification icon would be useful.

Update Reply
MikeBiker @ 12/07/2020 21:55  

Can I ask for the possibility of an 'Opt Out' button for the 'sending private pics' if it is the next 'wish' please? TBH the thought of 'private' photos fills me and some other female members with dread!

An 'Opt Out' button would at least give a choice.

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 19/09/2020 19:38  

Tbh Lindsay I think it's a really bad idea too and can be used by sad people.

Thankfully we don't get many nude photo and never of women 🤪🤪🤪
Just one or two by some old codger with his old todger out, and I can say it isn't a pretty sight.
On the plus side I do send them to BJ before I delete the accounts 🤣🤣🤣

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 19/09/2020 19:49  

😂🤣😂🤣🤣🤣 oh gawd forbid, I bet she really appreciates every single one of them🤪🤢

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 19/09/2020 20:38  

Could it be made that you have to press or click twice to look at someones profile as I don't know how many times I've opened a profile instead of a forum topic when flicking through on my tablet? Or am I just inept?

Update Reply
Strom67 @ 07/10/2020 10:03  

Your not alone Vstrom I've done that lots of times too lol

Update Reply
JP @ 07/10/2020 18:05  

F(at) F(inger) S(yndrome) runs rife, where the forums are concerned. I'm constantly hitting the username rather than opening the posted comment.

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 07/10/2020 20:17  

Certainly ;-)
Filthy beast!
Well enough about me....

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Does, Blond, firm ass, nice boobs, long legs, and rides a bike count as 1 or 5 wises, Or does it come under the fantasy heading ?...

Update Reply
Declan @ 24/12/2020 22:49  

Is there a way to create a profile category for fallen bikers? To effectively archive, but not delete them?
Obviously they're not here to delete their own profiles and I'm not suggesting that Matt should do so, but for the sake of members coming along and looking for local bikers to message and never getting a reply, could something be done?
I'm aware of two such profiles, pretty sure there'll be more.

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 22/02/2022 19:15  

My late hubby is still on here but if Matt deletes the profile I would lose all his messages... So yeah, if he could be somehow archived so I can keep the memory that would be great

Update Reply
TheSlasher @ 22/02/2022 21:37  

Karma; can you revisit?
OK, I totally get that posting on the jokes and games threads doesn't carry much, if any, weight but ffs they're just about the only places that show folk do actually log in to this site!
While personal messaging and uploading photos ramps up karma they don't really help demonstrate that this is a lively, active site. OK, maybe deepest darkest winter isn't a good time to claim that, but then maybe it is when you look at just what posts have been made over the last few weeks.

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 28/02/2022 20:17  

Your not wrong izzy it gets hard work trying to generate interest in events on the threads

Update Reply
JP @ 01/03/2022 02:59  

I thought the karma thing was based on Schrödinger's cat throwing a dice. I never realised there was any real science behind it.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 01/03/2022 07:04  

That's because the 'science' is actually magic!

In other news, I've put my fallen biker thoughts into a wishlist wish - if anyone feels there's any merit in it please go and vote. Ta muchly.

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 01/03/2022 12:58  

That is a good idea Izzy, it gets my vote.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 01/03/2022 21:09  

Just upgraded 01/03/2022 & says I'm upgraded until 31/12/2021. Have we in vented time travel?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/03/2022 23:46  

Psibernut Its called technology a wonderful thing that keeps the world turning lol

Update Reply
JP @ 02/03/2022 05:00  

Just guessing Psibernut but you didn't the system time to update, I've just checked and it says mid July on your account.

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 02/03/2022 06:57  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email