MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

What made you sad or unhappy today?

What made you sad or unhappy today? (754) - Forums [Biker Match] What made you sad or unhappy today? (754) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

What made you sad or unhappy today?

I've come to the conclusion that retirement doesn't really suit me!! :-/

I've spent my whole life being active and working my arse off on tours, and being surrounded by mates and other assorted reprobates..............I've gone from that to where I am now.......bored shitless. pmsfl

All my mates are still working, and I'm just sat about killing time and trying not to die from boredom. Spent a few months deciding whether to go back to work to alleviate the boredom, or whether I should just suck it up and enjoy it. Trouble is, I get bored easily if I've nothing to occupy my time. There's just no action here, the roads are epic though, but as much as I hated London for the past few years, I had a ton of fun there.

Sod it, there's just no pleasing some folk!! lmao

Update Reply
Cornholio @ 15/05/2019 17:59  

Blimey Corni, it's not long since you said you were loving it in Poole. 😱

Perhaps you should consider a couple of short tours or maybe travelling to those places in UK you haven't been to on the 'bike?

What about;
😀 West Coast of Scotland
😀 Lake District
😀 Wales

Alternatively, go to ferry terminal n see where you end up! Send us all a postcard 👋

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 15/05/2019 22:56  

I do love it down here, I'm just bored. There's far less scum than there is in London. London went down the shitter years ago, somebody just forgot to flush it. It's now a third world cackhole, full of third world vermin, thanks to our piss poor excuses for politicians.

I'm missing my mates mostly. The people down here are ok, but life is a lot slower. I think that's what I'm struggling with the most. Oh, and the drivers down here are useless. Absolutely useless in fact.

I'll be ok, it's just so different down here compared to what I'm used to. When I said tours, I meant my job, not riding around aimlessly like the kids in the ET film. I'll be off to Germany again soon, but not touring, just ragging it and eating 'Steak On A Stone' at The Pistenklause. Fancy a trip away? LOL

Update Reply
Cornholio @ 16/05/2019 00:20  

When I said 'Tour' I was talking about work not touring. 😂

Is it possible for you to get a short stint, maybe a couple of months rather than 6+ months Corni?

That steak looks mighty fine! 😁

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 16/05/2019 23:30  

Yeah it’s possible, I could do a few festivals in Europe as well I suppose.
The Dimension Festival in Croatia is epic. It’s just a massive party in an old fort, with thousands of people getting on it😉
That’s one of the things I used to love about the job, being paid to party. You can do wtf you like, just as long as you can still do your job. If you mess up, you won’t get anymore work and you’re marked as unreliable. You’re only as good as your last gig 😉
Yeah I love it, being paid to listen to your favourite bands is a great way to spend your time. Sure beats working for a living!!

Update Reply
Cornholio @ 17/05/2019 01:50  

I heartily recommend the steak at The Pistenklause 🥰

Even if you don’t hammer it round the Nordschliefe, it’s worth the trip to see the castles and Eifel Mountains. There’s loads of cool places to go and see, pisses all over France any day 😂
You can also go and stay in Colditz, it’s only €28 a night for b&b. The tour is good, takes a couple of hours and you’ll see some amazing stuff.
I feel a BM road trip building up 🤣

Update Reply
Cornholio @ 17/05/2019 02:07  

I used to drive past Colditz castle in the 90's when I worked for a dutch firm, it was all lit up like something out of a Disney film, very picturesque. How things can be changed in a couple of generations with the will and the money to get it done. I heard that it was used as a lunatic asylum for a time, either before or after the war, before being converted into a hotel. I never got close enough to have a proper look but the surrounding country did make the imagination work thinking about escapees trying to get back home during wartime.
Local cuisine and hospitality was topshelf too. After delivering vehicles to a holding yard, the village inn served up wild boar stew with home baked bread. I don't know what they put in the sauce but it satisfied immensley.

Update Reply
Double six @ 17/05/2019 07:45  

For me reading the last two posts changed this thread from "What made you sad or unhappy today?" To "What cheered you up and made you hungry?!" 😁😂

Thanks guys👍

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 17/05/2019 09:34  

I'm sad because I haven't had wild boar stew since the 90's...……..satisfied Linz? lmao

Update Reply
Double six @ 17/05/2019 09:46  

I haven't had wild bore stew since my ex-wife made it....😆

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 17/05/2019 11:26  

66, there's a Tapas Bar where I used to live that did wild boar sausages, they were bloody epic. They also did elk sausages, again they were bloody epic too. The crowing glory of that place was the 38oz tomahawk steak. It was a pile of meat and a half, a proper lump.

I'm bloody starving now >_<

Update Reply
Cornholio @ 17/05/2019 22:15  

Lindsay, technically I am now sad and unhappy that I haven't got wild boar sausages, elk sausages, and a tomahawk steak in front of me.

They also have 120 different rums there as well :D

Update Reply
Cornholio @ 17/05/2019 22:18  

Corni, you think you had it good with that restaurant, we got a chip shop and a kebab shop where I live......now I'm really sad AND unhappy at that fact.

Update Reply
Double six @ 18/05/2019 06:47  

^^^ LOL

There's chip shops and kebab shops down here, but they all shut early. Nigh on impossible to order a kebab at 2am after a night out, I think everyone is in bed by 10:30pm down here.

Update Reply
Cornholio @ 18/05/2019 13:06  

Don't know. Just see another man littering around and it sucks : (

Update Reply
OliverMatthews @ 19/05/2019 20:58  

Sad/unhappy..neighbours both sides showing intentions of bloody barbeques...again...:(
EVERY sunny weekend..wish their arteries would hurry up and block solid...
can't even leave the washing out on the line...might as well.take the bike out all afternoon...:/>

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 25/05/2019 12:14  

For every downside there is ALWAYS an upside Jinx😉😁👍

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 25/05/2019 17:08  

This bastard toothache!!

Update Reply
Cornholio @ 26/05/2019 00:41  

That's cos you have been smiling too much both during and after taking that gorgeous lady of yours out Corni. 😉 Your teeth can't cope with too much daylight😂😂😂

Have you tried Clove oil? Old remedies and all that 😉 . Hope the pain eases Big Man.

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 26/05/2019 00:50  

Getting up to find my car clamped,till i checked on DVLA website,then PMSL...:O>

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 27/05/2019 11:10  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email