MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

What made you sad or unhappy today?

What made you sad or unhappy today? (735) - Forums [Biker Match] What made you sad or unhappy today? (735) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

What made you sad or unhappy today?

The heartbreaking volume of plastic bottles, plastic carrier bags, aerosol cans and more.... Literally thousands beside the river and canal around Leicester..... It's absolutely disgusting and shameful 👿😠😷.... Every single branch, twig, field covered.... The flooded river lifted it all up like ugly decorations....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/04/2018 18:59  

I'll never forget Campbeltown in Scotland for that. Arriving with the jaunty tune of "Campbeltown Loch, I wish you were whisky.." ringing in my ears, the sight of a harbour made my heart sink. That was awash with the same, plastic everything including a mass of expanded polystyrene fish 'n chip trays, probably from the nearby chippy. 😢

Update Reply
NotPhilMitchell @ 15/04/2018 14:44  

MyHermes courier service! Avoid like the plague. Bought some silencers off eBay and payed for delivery by MyHermes (my choice, stupid boy!).Being told that three attempts at delivery were made to my local shop (open from 6:30am to 10pm!) but "Not known at that address" when the shop owners said no such delivery was attempted. "Live chat" made with MyHermes, where getting my problems understood became almost farcical, made me even more frustrated! Apparently they are being "Returned to sender" with a £4 surcharge. Now having to get said parts sent via ParcelForce. Assuming they find their way back to the sender, and in one piece, undamaged (optimistic assumption judging by others' experiences) the postage will eventually have cost me over £35 and hours trying to find out what happened and how to resolve it, which I didn't!
Grr!

Update Reply
NotPhilMitchell @ 15/04/2018 15:04  

Oh no that's sounds a nightmare NPM 😒😒 I used my hermes for sending several things I sold on ebay and they were fine. I'd be suspicious of that particular delivery person. There must be a way you can get your money back it's totally fecked up by THEIR delivery person....... They must have a supervisor at the depot.....??

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/04/2018 16:47  

Yes, I have used them before and they were fine (apart from one delivery, but got the stuff in the end) but, as you say, it sounds like it's the delivery 'agent'. I'm waiting to see if they are "returned to sender" and then I'll take it from there. I know that in the big scheme of life, it is trivial but bloody frustrating!

Update Reply
NotPhilMitchell @ 15/04/2018 18:18  

Yeah but it's usually the smaller things that stress us right out!!!! Weird that!.
Maybe there is a magical reason afoot here...... 😌.... Mercury retrograde ends today....... Thst always causes problems with communication, messages, technology..... Everything..... Blame that!! But hope it all gets sorted sooner than later for ya

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/04/2018 18:32  

Giving up.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/04/2018 00:17  

RIP Micky...... I just can't believe it.... I'm so sad, shocked and numb and my heart goes out to his beautiful wife and my dearest friend xxxx

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/04/2018 20:35  

I am saddened by the news of Mickey's passing. My thoughts are with Lynn and family/friends at this difficult time.

I only met Mickey very briefly at Loomies a few years ago, before him and Lynn660 were married. Such a lovely man.

It's important to remember when someone you love becomes a memory, the memory becomes a treasure. Keep it close to your heart.

Ride free Mickey.

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 20/04/2018 23:31  

The end of something good and all because of a jealous young lady

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/04/2018 10:20  

Thank you for your kind words Suzi and Linz, I will be alright, just not today

Update Reply
TheSlasher @ 22/04/2018 13:17  

Shocked that a very special person is not very well at all. Keep the faith and remember the good times matey.

Hope to see you very soon x

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 24/04/2018 23:52  

A friend making a decision that was almost forced upon them. Sad and irritated. 😞😤

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 25/04/2018 00:45  

Vultures.... nuff said

Update Reply
TheSlasher @ 25/04/2018 21:57  

Been there Lynn660. What some people do for gain during someone's pain is truly repulsive.

Update Reply
NotPhilMitchell @ 27/04/2018 21:02  

Seeing that scumbag, with no licence and 30-odd previous convictions being given only 9 years (so could be out in 4 or 5) for running down and killing those two kiddies in Coventry. No remorse shown either, yet sentencing for Commercial Robbery can carry up to 20 years. Where's the justice in that?

Update Reply
NotPhilMitchell @ 27/04/2018 21:10  

I agree totally NPM..... But you know as well as I thst money matters more than this planet or its inhabitants and until everyone stops being brainwashed this absolutely heartbreaking lie will continue that money matters more than life.......

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/04/2018 21:26  

So true Suzi,
Crimes against the person appear to result in far more lenient sentencing than those involving money. Is that really the moral state of the society we live in? Then again, who writes the rules? Er... let me think! it's those with the money. What a surprise!
Although this sounds off-topic it's not really. Listened today to a Podcast of a BBC World Service programme - "The Real Story" where this week the subject was "The state of the Unions". A really good listen discussing the role and future of Trades Unions around the world. It had a number of contributors with differing viewpoints with some thought-provoking discussion. It covers a lawsuit in America of a chap claiming that his rights, under the 1st Amendment, are being denied. On the face of it, it sounds reasonable, until they dig deeper. Sinister stuff or a laudable action? Hmm!

Update Reply
NotPhilMitchell @ 28/04/2018 00:25  

Seeing the weather for today saying the South East was going to get flooded, So I left Brum at 8-30 using the motorway and hoping to miss the worst of it, only catching a little rain for the last 15 miles into London and now looking at the weather I could have had a nice bimble back down the back roads. :-(

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 30/04/2018 16:38  

Hearing the sad news about Pete passing away. Rip Big fella your free from pain now ride free

Update Reply
JP @ 16/05/2018 03:50  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email