MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

How much for Camping ?

How much for Camping ? - Forums [Biker Match] How much for Camping ? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

How much for Camping ?

As you know we put on camping weekends on BM.
The hard part is how much do you want to pay per night ??
The last camp was £5.00 PPPN for that you got a decent field with water and basic toilets and shower.
There are site's that have much better toilets and showers but are from £10.00 upwards some are as hight as £15.00 PPPN.
There are also sites that are priced for 2 persons in a small tent from £15.00 upwards.
So can we have your input on how much you are happy to pay ?
Please keep this on topic, it is info the events team needs.
Off topic posts and comments will be removed.

Update Reply
JP @ 23/09/2014 09:35  

Barmouth was a good site, with essential ameneties and close enough to town for supplies if needed and a short 10 minute walk from a good sandy beach. I for one was happy with the choice of site and thought it was perfect for a weekend of chilling out to round off my rally season. It turned out the event was eventually clasified as a BM rally for the purposes of keeping one field exclusively for us, but the fact there were no trade stalls and marquees for bands and bars, meant a more intimate chance to get to know people you only ever get to see at the bigger events.
A site with better toilets and showers would be good if it were priced at about £10 per TENT per night, rather than per person per night, but for me, at £5 per person per night, the site we used was good enough and will be hard to beat.

Update Reply
Double six @ 23/09/2014 10:10  

Anything up to a tenner is ok.
Any more eats into the beer fund!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/09/2014 12:09  

I think double 6 said it all ,Barmouth turned into a good, well placed weekend, with plenty to do if you didnt want to ride or great roads if you did (the weather did help too) :-)

Update Reply
shelleygirl @ 23/09/2014 12:37  

£10-£15 seems a fair price to me, but I'm working. How about considering concessions for the unemployed?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/09/2014 19:42  

Some where between £10 and £15 a tent.

However if the site has good showers/ toilets water supply well drained pitchs etc then maybe up to £20 for a pitch.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/09/2014 21:24  

I paid £40 to camp at the Astle park steam fair for two nights. It included the two day entrance fee BUT no showers . I won't be going back. For that price I want showers.

campsite with showers, campfires, clean bogs and a on site bar ? I'd be happy to pay £10 per night per person. More if there's entertainment I like . More if the ride out is spectac. More if there's a bbq.

Mind you, I wouldn't pay 10 pence to camp at a bike rally and do nothing but drink all weekend. I prefer something more bike centered. (riding)

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 24/09/2014 11:54  

I am happy to pay around a tenner for myself and tent per night as long as the site has shower and toilet facilities. Just had a weekend in Norfolk where I was happy to pay £11 for a night as the shower toilet block was exceptional for cleanliness and very modern fittings.
Good laundry room as well. If the site is more of the rough and ready type then it needs to be nearer a fiver per night.

Update Reply
Ted_Derby @ 24/09/2014 12:51  

For a weekend away I'm looking at a couple of tanks of gas, food, a few beers (more if someone has forgotten his money. I won't mention names so we'll use the pseudonym of kx to protect the guilty), and numerous coffee and cake while I'm out riding.
After all that another £10 or so on the camping fee isn't worth fretting about.
But the bogs have to work cos I don't do what bears do!

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 24/09/2014 21:16  

Yeah, valid point Steve . Probably invested £200 on fuel at loch ness.£100 on food .£100 on booze. Camping price immaterial.

A person could have an aeroplane holiday for that amount. But why on earth would they want to?

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 24/09/2014 22:16  

Think the cost of camping differs from person to person, depending on what you class as basic's.
Some folks are happy with a flat field and a clean loo within easy reach of amenties, but some folks prefer brick built shower/toilet blocks, washing up areas etc, a case of each to their own. The price can also reflect whats close by, we found a fantastic camping site in Barmouth but it was remote, only thing close by was the beach lol (and a nudist beach !!!) Price always causes issues for some folk, fuel food and other stuff certainly adds up, and i know some folk factor all that in before deciding whether to go somewhere or not. And i also know some folk who have said that as it was cheap camping it allowed them to put fuel in the tank to go :) Sourcing something which everybody is happy with is near on impossible to be honest.

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 25/09/2014 10:12  

camping is camping it all depends on what amount of luxurey you want
cheap and chearfull or mega expencive with tent service

Update Reply
havfun @ 25/09/2014 10:40  

Location has a lot to do with price also the time of year. Anywhere near the coast during public holiday periods. you can expect to pay higher prices.
Also a lot of sites wont take groups like bikers.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 25/09/2014 11:18  

I know I wasn't exactly camping as in a tent at Talybont but I thought the site was good for what we used it for, which was for a chill out weekend for a couple of nights. everything was with in a reasonable distance.

I would be happy to go back there again

Update Reply
Cruiser gal @ 25/09/2014 21:24  

Festivals, rallies etc (even club rallies) package more in to a meet than just the pure camping so you can't compare or set an acceptable price. I like the camping meets, strikes me they're much better for what this site is about - getting to meet people and to ride bikes.
For a short weekend camp just the basics for up to a tenner is fine, but for a week, as at Fort Augustus, then extra for better facilities is well worth it.

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 26/09/2014 13:45  

As you know we put on camping weekends on BM.
The hard part is how much do you want to pay per night ??
The last camp was £5.00 PPPN for that you got a decent field with water and basic toilets and shower.
There are site's that have much better toilets and showers but are from £10.00 upwards some are as hight as £15.00 PPPN.
There are also sites that are priced for 2 persons in a small tent from £15.00 upwards.
So can we have your input on how much you are happy to pay ?
Please keep this on topic, it is info the events team needs.
Off topic posts and comments will be removed.

Thanks for the input on this keep it coming. These posts are helping the events team and other members when planning events

Update Reply
JP @ 26/09/2014 14:15  

I agree for short weekend camps the basics is all you need really but do like better facilities if i am away for a week :) Personally i think a £5 a night for the site we just used was excellent value for money :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 30/09/2014 12:02  

I would agree. A fiver seems amazing value for a weekend.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/09/2014 20:04  

Referring back to something I mentioned earlier in the thread - as someone fortunate enough to be employed, I wouldn't mind paying a few quid over the odds if it meant a reduced price for a teenage out-of-work kid on a battered Honda CG 125. Without trying to sound like I'm preaching for the Bolshevik Horde, I feel we old gits almost have a duty to encourage young and skint bikers. We were there once.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/10/2014 19:05  

How do you know the kid that turns up on the Battered Honda cg125 has not got £500,000,00 in the bank ?
We dont exclude members from the rally if they have to come by car.
We dont exclude members who have to bring the kids with them.
We help out if folk have to come by public transport by going to pick them up from train or coach station.
So I think we do help members on this site a hell of alot more than other sites do

Update Reply
JP @ 07/10/2014 21:14  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email