MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

DaveVM's August 'Arrassment!

DaveVM's August 'Arrassment! - Forums [Biker Match] DaveVM's August 'Arrassment! - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

DaveVM's August 'Arrassment!

Dave VM of the motley southern crew
(love you all really, people!)
is heading north in the next couple of weeks to Yorkshire, to stay for a few days.

He's planning on (harrassing) seeing as much of Yorkshire as possible......with me as his guide! Ha!Ha!Ha!

So, I thought that it would be great if we could organise a group outing into the wilds of north Yorkshire on either Tuesday 12th August or Wednesday 13th August.

I know they're week days, but I'm sure one or two of you would be able to make this one?

We could meet at Squires cafe, then take it from there.

I'd be happy to sort a route with stop off points, so that if anyone wants to join us along the way they can easily find us.

If you're interested, please let me know which day would be best for you, and I'll go with the majority and finalise things from there.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/07/2014 12:16  

Awww, I'd love to meet Dave VM but am working and no way to swing a day off.

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 22/07/2014 12:47  

aww, Not even a holididdy day RB?????

We'd love you to join us!!

You may have to go rescue an ancient maiden aunt from a tree that day!...I have several you can 'borrow'!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/07/2014 12:58  

Gawd dammit @PB, just got back to work today, checked the holiday calendar and wont be able to make it on either day as peeps already off on leave Any chance of doing a soiree somewhere on one of the evenings? Perhaps we can still pull summat together for those of who cant make a weekday rideout. Always assuming Dave VM wants to meet us!!

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 22/07/2014 13:21  

OOh, an evening Soiree sounds good.... but.....

Let's sort the ride out first!

And of course Dave wants to meet you all - he's met me, so if he can cope with that, he can cope with anything!!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/07/2014 13:41  

Julz!! why are you bring him oop Norf?? hahah love you really Dave ;)

I would love to join you, but I'm on nights.. I'm off until the 11th for the Rock n Bike weekend, but have to work on the 12th/13th :( So I definitely can't make an evening soiree :(

Dave are you coming to the Squires Rock n Bike? If so, I have a pint with you there :)

Update Reply
Karey @ 22/07/2014 15:58  

Oh yeah i've met Julz alright, but then again i am a glutton for punishment , i must be i go on rideouts with xj and AndySimmo with passenger as my pilly, mind you Cheryl is the worse one of the bunch , so i reckon meeting you fruit loops oop Norf will be a breeze.

I'm leaving all the arrangements to Julz so i will be completely at her mercy, i'm happy to fit in with what ever is sorted.

I'm travelling up on Sunday the 10th August

Looking forward to meeting you lot on the top side of the Watford Gap.

By the way do i need a passport ??? .

Update Reply
DAVE VM @ 22/07/2014 17:27  

No passport needed

But a password is required for all stop offs.......

It's....
'tea 'n bacon butties'

Pass it on

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/07/2014 18:25  

Will "Brew n Bacon Wad" be accepted?

Update Reply
DAVE VM @ 22/07/2014 20:11  

Oh go on then!!!!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/07/2014 23:07  

No passport needed dave, they let me in ;-)

However getting close to the start of the northern winter so its getting bloody cold up here now. Mid august, it cold even be snowing by then!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/07/2014 06:59  

Snow!!!

Ooooh, I forgot about the SNOW!!!!!!!!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/07/2014 09:41  

WARNING Be careful with the ole bugger Dave, they only just let him out of the white coat so look after him up there, that is if he doesn't get lost on the way and end up in Outer Mongolia. He lives on chips and ice cream so stock up and I'm sure you will all be fine and survive his visit, if you like him that much you can always keep him :D Good luck to you all

Update Reply
AndySimmo @ 23/07/2014 12:30  

And windows, for god's sake keep him away from shop windows. He is well known by the police in hastings for licking them. When they receive a complaint they usualy send out the dog handler to catch him and take him home, they all know where he lives.
Feel free to send him back anytime after a year but please please do not teach him any of your strange language, he doesn't shut up as it is but we don't want him talking in tongues too.

Update Reply
xj @ 23/07/2014 14:01  

Thanks chaps for the glowing references, i did'nt know you cared, you do say the sweetest things about me.
I've come over all emotional.
Or are you just trying to get shot of me!!!

Update Reply
DAVE VM @ 23/07/2014 17:49  

Nope. But is ten years in the northern wilds really too long?

Update Reply
xj @ 23/07/2014 20:44  

By eck might make you keep him......sounds like he will be in a flat cap and owning a ferret before you know it.......eeeeee go to top of our stairs lad!

Dave...you have to say things like t'other and chuck, oh and we have gravy on chips unlike the strange southern softees, and onthat note don't forget your thermals!

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 23/07/2014 20:53  

I have been doing a reccy ride today and found an absolute divine road of about 25 miles......but I'm not telling where it is, cos it's a secret, and the only way to find out about it, is for peeps to come out on this ride with us!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/07/2014 21:55  

He licks windows????????

Well, my cosmic ordering worked then , as.......

My humungously dirty windows need cleaning.

...that is all!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/07/2014 22:04  

They might let you in... but will they let you out again....???

Update Reply
TheSlasher @ 24/07/2014 09:00  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email