MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

DaveVM's August 'Arrassment!

DaveVM's August 'Arrassment! (2) - Forums [Biker Match] DaveVM's August 'Arrassment! (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

DaveVM's August 'Arrassment!

As a midlander by birth, when I moved to Yorkshire I already had a basic grasp of the language, as my sister married a steel towner. But I was unprepared for the maelstrom I encountered.
Don't ask for boots...you have to call them boowits, don't ask where your jacket is.....up here they are coyts!
But the most endearing and subsequent favourite Yorkshire phrase is.....I't'int'intin.
I'll let the southerners try to work that one out, but I'll give you a clue, biscuits might be found in this case.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/07/2014 10:56  

Hahaha!!!
Oh you've done it now 66 - if Dave gets even a hint of biscuits of a certain kind, he'll never go home!!

(goes off to buy enough biscuits of a certain kind, in order to lay a trail of temptation back to the southern lands!)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/07/2014 11:04  

I actualy enjoyed that three part documentary they made about the north. It gave a concise and realistice window into the trials and hazards you northerners face on a daily basis.
Now if only i could remember what it was called.......aaaahhh yes i remember. It was called 'the lord of the rings'.
I have warned dave to remove all items of personal jewelery just in case.

Update Reply
xj @ 24/07/2014 11:11  

Pmsl .... @xj.

I think you should join Dave VM on his northern expedition, you could look after him and keep us at a safe distance. You got room for another southern migrant @pb?

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 24/07/2014 11:17  

GB - have you EVER met either of these two?

If you have, then you will understand why Dave is being billeted elsewhere, somewhere that secures the biscuits, far from here!

:) devil">:) devil">:) devil">

That, is all!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/07/2014 11:21  

Is it The Big House on the hill in Leeds? Presumably it needs to be a secure placement?

I think the only peeps i have met from the southern contingency are David n Linda ... they seem pretty sane but then again i could be wrong ... Lol

Perhaps one southern migrant released into the wilds of Yorkshire at a time is the way forward.

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 24/07/2014 12:40  

Dave why not go up on the thursday eve and go to the rock un bike at squires

Update Reply
JP @ 24/07/2014 12:54  

Dave won't be here till late Sunday of the R&B show JP

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/07/2014 12:58  

Thats why I said come up on thurs eve ? Come on PB keep up girl lol

Update Reply
JP @ 24/07/2014 14:02  

He can't 'cos he's working!.......... I'm way ahead of ya on that one JP. Ha!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/07/2014 14:15  

But you didnt say he was working over the weekend just said he wont be here till late sunday

Update Reply
JP @ 24/07/2014 14:19  

Have the meds taken your sensibilities JP? When will you learn you will never win against a woman, give up while you are not losing.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/07/2014 14:28  

' But you didn't say he was working over the weekend just said he wont be here till late sunday'

That's 'cos you never asked me!! ..... y'see, irrefutable logic ;)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/07/2014 14:29  

Can't get the time off jp, Sunday is the earliest day i can get up there, would'nt have minded going to that show either.

Update Reply
DAVE VM @ 24/07/2014 14:30  

double 6 - you are such a wise man!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/07/2014 14:31  

That fact not been evident except at times of great exception PB. But when it comes to female logic, I have been learning for a long time.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/07/2014 14:45  

(When will you learn you will never win against a woman, give up while you are not losing)
You tart 66 grow a pair the female is like a firework you light the bule touch paper and stand back then watch it explode in someones face.
Best entertainment know to me lol

Update Reply
JP @ 24/07/2014 15:28  

Ahem, cough!
Back on track please JP - don't want Dave learning your bad boy ways!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/07/2014 15:39  

Excuse me Julz i may be a Southern Softie, but i'm no angel don't you know i have got a few bad boy ways!!

Update Reply
DAVE VM @ 24/07/2014 17:59  

Mwahahahaha haha hahahaha
You guys can keep bad boy dave up there. The south coast will be a much better place while you lot have got him.
Old ladies will be able to cross the road without fear.
Pizza delivery drivers will not have dave racing them away from the lights
And hedgehogs will no longer live in fear for their lives.

Please keep him.

Update Reply
xj @ 24/07/2014 22:01  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email