MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Ring of Red around the M25 10th Nov

Ring of Red around the M25 10th Nov - Forums [Biker Match] Ring of Red around the M25 10th Nov - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Ring of Red around the M25 10th Nov

Thought this is a wicked idea... even thinking of trying to do it aswell... The "Ring of Red" ride on 10th Nov around the M25. Trying to create the worlds largest Poppy. Everyone is talking about it and thousands are going. To find out what the latest news and if you have any questions please listen in tonight on bikerfm at 7.15pm. We are now looking at acheiving something very, very special and close to our hearts on Remembrance day. Dont forget your red T shirts to put over your jackets and to buy a Poppy. Patches have been designed and will be available soon. After the initial money that I pay out to have the patches made, All proceeds will be going to the Poppy Appeal All bikers will leave their chosen services to all be on the M25 at 12.30 or from a slip road onto the M25. Our aim is to form a red circle, making the biggest Poppy in the World around the M25 CLOCKWISE with us all wearing poppys and something RED over your jackets. We need to be on the M25 for at least half an hour giving everyone around time to catch up with those in front.Once the logistics of that have been worked out there will be speed restrictions from each service station so we can catch up with o...thers. Will it work? dont know, but lets try. If you intend to come please go on Ali Scotts post and tick which Junction you intend to go onto the M25 Cheers.This ride is intended to present a physical show of support for our Armed Forces, both current and previous. Not every biker goes to a rememberance service on this day, but I do know that they Respect our armed service men and women. This is just another way of showing it. There is a page on facebook with more details... https://www.facebook.com/events/570456489674676/permali...752399383/

Update Reply
TheSlasher @ 21/10/2013 19:36  

This is a great idea and would love to take part in this, but sadly I'm working on Remembrance Sunday.
Wear your Poppy with Pride

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 21/10/2013 20:12  

What a cool idea, wish I was within striking distance. I am doing Santa Run from Squires on this day but will wear a red shirt and be thinking of you guys ...

Good Luck with this one!

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 21/10/2013 21:04  

Would have really liked to have done this but already comitted to Squires santa run

Update Reply
Vladamir @ 22/10/2013 00:20  

Most big rides I don't do but I may just get my ass in gear for this one

Update Reply
JP @ 22/10/2013 07:08  

I'm looking for a pilly ride for this one

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/10/2013 16:14  

Has anyone added this to the events page?

patches on sale £5 all profits going to Help the Hero's

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/10/2013 07:41  

cant find on events page i need to know more please many thanks

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/10/2013 02:52  

All info I have is on the link for the facebook page.... and yes.. is it not worth putting on the events page...??

Update Reply
TheSlasher @ 25/10/2013 08:50  

Lynn, I think it might be good to put this on events, as not everyone uses Facebook. The more people involved the better.

Update Reply
davidneale @ 25/10/2013 17:52  

What an absolutely wonderful thing to do, !! Hope all goes great for this very worthy cause.. x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/10/2013 18:03  

This could be a great ride for a worthy cause.. Info can be gotten on
ringofredm25.webs.com

Every rider will be wearing Red, with enough riders and seen from the air, it will resemble a giant Poppy in remembrance of those lost while fighting for our freedom we enjoy today..

Hivis Red oversized vests can be purchased from Hivis.net for £2.49.

A Sunday ride Nov 10th.. Lets see a great turnout BM's

Update Reply
Rogerb @ 25/10/2013 18:23  

Thanks Malcom for the info.... this is all the info I have, I just thought its a brill idea

Update Reply
TheSlasher @ 25/10/2013 19:39  

Loads on facebook if you want info, just type in 'Ringofredm25' in the search box. I will be gathering at Clackett Lane services. There is a facebook post you can mark to say where you will start from.

Update Reply
ColinB @ 25/10/2013 20:25  

If someone submits this event to the calendar, with full post code and relevant info I will see it goes in

Update Reply
Sandi @ 25/10/2013 22:24  

There is no postcode...

Update Reply
TheSlasher @ 25/10/2013 22:27  

Added to events

Update Reply
TheSlasher @ 25/10/2013 22:35  

Hi Sandi.

I have posted the event on the Calendar, please post on event page asap..

many thanks..

Update Reply
Rogerb @ 25/10/2013 22:40  

Ooops that is double event lol

Update Reply
TheSlasher @ 25/10/2013 22:59  

Cheers Lynn and Roger, I've taken Lynn's submission cos there was more info with it. http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/event_details.asp?event_id=4351

Update Reply
Sandi @ 25/10/2013 23:07  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email