MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Ring of Red around the M25 10th Nov

Ring of Red around the M25 10th Nov (5) - Forums [Biker Match] Ring of Red around the M25 10th Nov (5) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Ring of Red around the M25 10th Nov

well done to you all

Update Reply
havfun @ 10/11/2013 16:21  

That is wiiiiiicked, well done everybody...

Update Reply
TheSlasher @ 10/11/2013 16:38  

Just back, great ride today in beautiful weather. Dave VM needed petrol at Clacketts so I pulled off with Dave and about 300 other bikes followed us! There was about 100 bikes in the garage looking a bit bemused but thankfully many went straight back onto the 25, as we did. Finished up at Rykers for a very big burger and hot chocolate.

Update Reply
ColinB @ 10/11/2013 16:40  

Julia Stevenson 10 November 16:35
YES WE ACHEIVED THE RING OF RED. Many thanks to all that supported the event.The Total raised from donations is £2.348.64 one washer and a button. The patch money is not included in this total. We will put the amount up asap.

Update Reply
Inspector Gadget @ 10/11/2013 16:43  

We nearly didn't make because Lindaloki started to have pups just as we were about to leave. Just made it to services as the last bikes were leaving. So it all came right in the end. Ended up at Rykas Boxhill. A brillianr day all round.
Oh it was two dogs and one bitch :-) Linda is well pleased, mum and pups are doing well.

Update Reply
davidneale @ 10/11/2013 18:31  

Latest from the BBC website 6.00pm

M25 bikers dress in red to create 'largest poppy'

The bikers were cheered on by people standing on bridges over the M25
Continue reading the main story
Related Stories

UK falls silent to remember war dead
Silence and solemnity at Cenotaph
In pictures: Remembrance Sunday
Thousands of bikers dressed in red have been riding around the 117-mile (188km) clockwise carriageway of the M25 for Remembrance Sunday.

Organiser Julia Stevenson, from South Darenth in Kent, urged clubs, groups and enthusiasts to be at service stations by 12:30 GMT.

They then converged on to the motorway at different points until all the groups had caught up with each other.

More than £2,300 was raised for the Royal British Legion.

The bikers were cheered on by people watching from the bridges over the motorway.

Ms Stevenson said it had been a huge success and a complete "ring of red" had been achieved.

Freedoms and liberty
The motorcycle riders were asked to wear something red, or a red helmet cover and a poppy.

Bikers gathered on slip roads and at service stations around the M25 before setting off at the same time
"There has always been an affinity between the biking community and the armed forces," Ms Stevenson said.

"Perhaps this stems back to when dispatch riders were used to carry vital messages to and from the front lines.

"This is an opportunity for the biking community to offer a mark of respect to those who have fallen defending our freedoms and liberty."

The actual number of bikers that took part is not known, but Ms Stevenson had estimated that about 15,000 were needed in order to complete "the world's largest poppy".

Si Eades, from Hampshire, tweeted: "#ringofred done. Awesome day. So many bikes all paying respect."

Another biker, Duncan Stanton, from Surrey, tweeted: "not sure what the bike count was but there were a hell of a lot."

Update Reply
Inspector Gadget @ 10/11/2013 18:45  

What a great day. I have posted some pic's of before set off at Thurrock Services, and, at the end of our ride at Ryka's Cafe at Boxhill.

If you look very carefully you will see a very rare picture of a species called xj, the first pic caught him by surprise but, the second pic he was already going into his hide mode, very shy creature. Look out for this rare beast, often see on a very dirty bike and always unshaven. Approach with care, this is a very delicate shy animal, treat with care.

Anyway, great to see you all again. Until next time

Update Reply
AndySimmo @ 10/11/2013 19:11  

I think I rode the ring a couple times, did not notice the first time, was having too much enjoyment.. Sorry I did not connect with all you BM's today.. Had a great little guide on a Harley.. ended up at Ace Cafe' with many, many ring riders.
Will post some photos on event page and video on FB.
Talking to many Organizers, they said they learned a lot this year that will make for an even better organised ride next year..
Those who were unable to make it... you missed out on a great experience.
Be with us next year!.... Searched all over for Emma, did anyone see her?

Update Reply
Rogerb @ 10/11/2013 19:52  

Went there today, lovely weather and a fantastic sight. I was proud to be a very small part of it.

Update Reply
Bespoke Builder @ 10/11/2013 20:17  

Flumpy did you get your wardrobe home ok :-)

Update Reply
davidneale @ 10/11/2013 21:51  

what a beautiful day. unbelievable weather, great ride and great company. am so glad we all managed to link up too.
I am hearing rumours that the lesser spotted red xj was spotted at various stages today, but I am afraid I have to confirm that these rumours are mistaken. the animal in question is in fact an imposter. it is a well known fact that the genuine xj takes flight at the merest glimpse of a camera so the monkey faced loon in the photos is definitely not me.

Update Reply
xj @ 10/11/2013 21:52  

Well I never managed to find any BMers at Thurrock services before i set off but I did see a Very white SV pull out just behind me as I passed Clacket Lane and who then pulled in front so i got to ride a bit with some, lol. Well at least as far as the next turn off where i had to do quick exit to head home in time for lunch.

Update Reply
akceller8 @ 11/11/2013 22:37  

Ahhhhh! The well known, very white, very clean SV, could only be one person

Update Reply
AndySimmo @ 11/11/2013 23:02  

WELL DONE to everyone that took part! You're all stars!

It looked an amazing day.. I might just join in next year, seeing as my mum lives 2 mins off the M25

Update Reply
Karey @ 11/11/2013 23:32  

Not such a very clean SV now...must return it to it's former glory!!!

I remember you akceller8

Update Reply
Cheryl @ 12/11/2013 09:58  

Omg cheryl's bike looks like mine.

Skull, how's you? Long time no see.

Update Reply
xj @ 12/11/2013 12:33  

I'm good thanks, been away lots and away again soon for the winter, got a job in Meribel for ski season, so tucking bike up in garage for 5 months.

Update Reply
akceller8 @ 13/11/2013 00:35  

Fair weather bikers, hhmmpphh. Have fun and see you next year then.

Update Reply
xj @ 13/11/2013 09:26  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email