MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Rally in a Chalet - 6th - 9th Feb 2014

Rally in a Chalet - 6th - 9th Feb 2014 (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Rally in a Chalet - 6th - 9th Feb 2014 (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Rally in a Chalet - 6th - 9th Feb 2014

not the kind of 'adult film' I would watch though. lmao

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/10/2013 20:21  

Brilliant weekend with great atmosphere, so who's up for it

Update Reply
JP @ 14/10/2013 18:20  

Ice cream and fish and chips by the sea, cant get any better , well for me anyway lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 14/10/2013 21:32  

In that order bj?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/10/2013 21:29  

Yep ice cream is a starter isn't it?

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 15/10/2013 21:50  

There's no hope! wonder if I can get a refund on my wristband? lol

(are we expected to bring an arsenal of super squirters with us or is it too early in the year for such frivolity?)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/10/2013 00:03  

Weather this year was cold and wet so maybe hot water bottles would be a better weapon lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 16/10/2013 14:30  

Hot waterbottles at 5 paces in the early hours, sounds like a plan, and they must be filled with hot water though, it is considered cheating if your hot waterbottle is filled with ice!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/10/2013 14:35  

From what I've read from the various reviews, Pontins Southport resembles a WW2 concentration camp. Blimey if you look at it on Google Maps it evens looks like one. So I took a look at tripadvisor
and the reviews were enough for me! Here's one of the better ones:

Never Again!!! Was meant to stay for 3nts, we lasted 1 night. Arrived at 9.00pm, they were no parking, we got to the room (No: 680 )where we was greeted with teenagers hanging outside our door swearing & spitting. people were sat outside drinking and kids running riot. And don't get me started on the room....the chairs, fridge & T.V were broken, no plug for the microwave, curtains, duvets and cushions were soiled in dirt (looked like sick to me!). We requested some chairs with legs and a working T.V. we was informed by reception that they could not help as it is Pontins policy that TV's can not be replaced nor comes with a remote control. we was promised chairs before 10.00pm....they arrived at 1.00am in the morning!!! we were still awake as the drunken parents and fowled mouthed children were still making noise till 3.00am in the morning! I wish I had turned straight around and gone home, if I hadn't travelled for 2.5 hours with young children there's no doubt about it...I would have done! If your house is run down and dirty, your children swear, you like to fight & drink yourself senseless then this is the holiday for you! The only way I can describe this run down dirt hole....it was like a program of Shameless!!! I have never been so happy to leave a place and to have a bath. My home felt like a palace. It is not even worth a rating. DO NOT GO.....SHUT THIS PLACE DOWN!!!
Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

And that's one of the kinder reviews! The obvious lack of hygenic accommodation at this place would be a definite No-No for me.
Cheap & cheerful is fine, filthy and stinking is not.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/10/2013 23:34  

OJ, I would agree to a point; if you were paying full price, as the people you quoted from tripadvisor were, then yes the state of the place leaves a little to be desired. I have attended the last 3 events, two of the February Rally in a Chalet and one Halloween bash; the chalets are not "spotless" but can be classed as acceptable for the price that is charged. Like any other B&B or hotel, you get what you pay for!

As to the nature of the customers, this is, at the end of the day, a motorcycle rally without camping and as such one has to be prepared for the "antics" of several hundred bikers who are out to party!

Have booked up for this one, safe in the knowledge that we shall have great weekend entertainment that will be further enhanced by quality time spent with good mates

Update Reply
Scorpio54 @ 17/10/2013 13:58  

I agree with Mr Ken ............. value for money wkend ..... chance to catch up with mates and enjoy the odd ice cream or two or three :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 22/10/2013 19:43  

I will be going again, already got ticket and chalet booked. (It's my holiday)

I must have been really lucky, my room was clean, everything worked, collected my bed linen and it was like new.

Great company, good music, the beer was a good price as was the food.

Update Reply
Cruiser gal @ 22/10/2013 23:55  

Well I look at it from a, possibly unique, hygiene point of view.
Because I take a number of different medications to maintain some level of sustainable and acceptable health, for me the possibility of picking up an infection from unsanitary conditions is not an acceptable risk.
I took the trouble to read several reviews and quite frankly , as I said, cheap and cheerful is fine but there is NO excuse for unsanitary conditions at any price. I don't care if they personally invited me and paid me £500 to stay for the week-end I would politely decline.
However the MCN Butlins gig looks pretty damn cool.
But, hey, I'm sure you guys will have a blast and thoroughly enjoy yourselves.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/10/2013 01:14  

Well my ticket arrived today, just got to wait for the bookings office at Pontins now. Should be all paid up and ready to go in 3 weeks.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/10/2013 22:54  

Looking forward to this one, always great fun and fab company

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 31/10/2013 10:01  

Well it is official, I have booked the room and will be there on the thursday, this should be a good laugh and am looking forward to posting pics of any and all BMers in fancy dress on the events page.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/11/2013 10:44  

Damien mind ur fancy dress as well !!!!

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 11/11/2013 16:56  

errr, haven't done fancy dress since I was 9, it has taken a long time to build this street cred, not about to blow it on a rally! lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/11/2013 17:51  

As far as I "know" I don't have any "street cred" But at the risk of losing any I might have accrued I shall be suitably attired in my usual debonair garb In the interests of continuity

Update Reply
Emzed @ 11/11/2013 18:13  

Got my chalet and ticket booked

Update Reply
Cruiser gal @ 22/11/2013 21:56  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email